• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Baking Soda Paste Remove Stains from Vanilla Stoneware?

In summary, to clean your vanilla stoneware, let it cool completely and gently scrub with warm soapy water. You can put it in the dishwasher, but hand washing is recommended. For stubborn stains, use a paste of baking soda and water. Do not use metal utensils to avoid scratches and prevent cracking by avoiding drastic temperature changes and not placing frozen stoneware in the oven.
ccpchef
I have a hostess with very well used vanilla stoneware who used a brillo pad to scrub the brownish stain off the outside Has anyone else had this trouble I am a cranberry girl so I told her I would try to find a better way to clean it HO suggested the baking soda paste Thanks Cheryl

I always clean mine with the baking soda paste.

The outside right? I just use a little dawn foam and the back of my sponge (the rougher side) to scrub off any excess.

I use BarKeepers Friend and it works pretty well

chefsteph07 said:
I use BarKeepers Friend and it works pretty well

Me too. That's what I was told to use so I bought some just for the vanilla. SO happy to switch to the cranberry :)

I always "wash" the outside of my glazed stones with soap and my scrubbie sponge. I do NOT like the way they look (especially the vanilla ones) when they get a build up of dark brown grease spots. Doing this, I have not had any problems. I purchased a used vanilla square baker once, and it had that yucky build up...took me a few washes and some elbow grease to get it all clean again!

Ha sanyone tried the new SS cleaner on the exterior of Vanilla stoneware? I know it says it's great for on the SA pieces...so I am thinking it might work for the vanilla glazed stones?

I always just use baking soda for my vanilla & cranberry pieces.
That SS cleaner is way more expensive than baking soda. I'm not even going to try it.

I use either barkeepers friend or a magic eraser.

Baking soda is better for the environment & my pocketbook than barkeeper's friend or magic erasers.

/off soapbox

1. How do I clean my vanilla stoneware?

To clean your vanilla stoneware, first let it cool completely. Then, use warm soapy water and a soft sponge to gently scrub the surface. Rinse with warm water and dry with a towel. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware.

2. Can I put my vanilla stoneware in the dishwasher?

Yes, you can put your vanilla stoneware in the dishwasher. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the stoneware and prevent any potential damage from the heat and harsh detergents.

3. How do I remove stubborn stains or residue from my vanilla stoneware?

If your stoneware has stubborn stains or residue, create a paste using baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the affected area and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before scrubbing with a soft sponge. Rinse with warm water and dry with a towel.

4. Can I use metal utensils on my vanilla stoneware?

No, we do not recommend using metal utensils on your vanilla stoneware. They can cause scratches and damage the surface. Instead, use silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils to protect the stoneware.

5. How do I prevent my vanilla stoneware from cracking?

To prevent cracking, always let your stoneware cool completely before cleaning or placing it in the dishwasher. Avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware in cold water or vice versa. It is also important to avoid placing frozen stoneware in the oven, as this can cause it to crack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies