• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Baking Soda Paste or Crescent Rolls Remove Fish Smell from Stoneware?

In summary, Robin suggests using baking soda paste to cover the stone and then baking the crescent rolls and throwing them away.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
OK my fellow Cheffers! I have a friend who cannot get the fish smell out of her stoneware. I told her to make a baking soda paste and leave it on the stone for an hour. Will that help or is there a better solution?

You already suggested what I was thinking of. I don't know anything different to do.

roll out some crescent rolls on it, bake them and throw them away.Robin

She is going to try the baking soda paste. I will keep you all informed if this worked or not.

UPDATE - She did use the baking sode paste and left it on for 4 hours and the smell is now very minimal. Just wanted to pass that along.

Last edited:
I had a customer who had, in the midst of a family emergency, placed a dirty stone on which she'd cooked fish into a box and left it in storage for several months. I'm sure you can imagine the fish odor that stayed after unpacked and washed it. I told her to cover the stone with crescent rolls. Bake them, then feed them to the dog. I told her it might take more than one batch of crescent rolls, but she said the first one did the trick. That might work to get the last of the fish smell out of your friend's stone.

raebates said:
I had a customer who had, in the midst of a family emergency, placed a dirty stone on which she'd cooked fish into a box and left it in storage for several months. I'm sure you can imagine the fish odor that stayed after unpacked and washed it. I told her to cover the stone with crescent rolls. Bake them, then feed them to the dog. I told her it might take more than one batch of crescent rolls, but she said the first one did the trick.

That might work to get the last of the fish smell out of your friend's stone.

The crescent roll idea sounds good too. I will tell you that in case she needs to get the smell out completely.

1. How do I remove fish smell from my stoneware?

To remove fish smell from stoneware, start by washing it with hot water and dish soap. Then, create a paste of baking soda and water and spread it all over the stoneware. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off. You can also try using a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water to soak the stoneware for a few hours before washing it.

2. Can I use bleach to remove fish smell from stoneware?

No, we do not recommend using bleach to remove fish smell from stoneware. Bleach can damage the stoneware and leave a strong chemical smell. Stick to natural methods like baking soda and vinegar for best results.

3. How do I prevent fish smell from lingering in my stoneware?

To prevent fish smell from lingering in your stoneware, make sure to thoroughly wash it with hot water and dish soap after each use. You can also try soaking it in a mixture of water and white vinegar before washing it. Additionally, avoid using strong-smelling detergents or soaps on your stoneware.

4. Can I use stoneware for cooking fish?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use for cooking fish. However, make sure to properly clean it after each use to avoid any lingering fish smell. You can also try using a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil to line the stoneware before cooking fish to prevent any direct contact.

5. How often should I clean my stoneware to prevent fish smell?

We recommend cleaning your stoneware after each use to prevent any lingering fish smell. If you use your stoneware frequently for cooking fish, you may want to soak it in a mixture of water and white vinegar every few uses to keep it smelling fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jmabner
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • PamperedDor
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • byrd1956