• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need to Remove Stains on Dcb Before Show!

In summary, Andrea baked with brown sugar and now can't get the stains out. She is going to a show this Saturday and is worried about the stained cloth. She suggests baking the grands biscuits in the DCB to see if it removes the stains, or try the baking soda paste. She also suggests chicken in the DCB to see if it removes the stains.
avelissar
I apologize - I realize this isn't the correct catagory for this - but I am desperate and I know this section is popular.

Last night, I made the mistake of baking with brown sugar in the DCB (sweet potatoes and brown sugar), and now I can not get the stains out! I have a show this Saturday, where I am supposed to be using the DCB. :eek:

Any suggestions on how to clean it? I haven't tried the baking soda paste yet - how long should it set?

Could perhaps baking down grands biscuits in there remove the stains?

Thanks!

Andrea

Stains??? I guess I'm confused....sounds to me like you are getting some "seasoning" in it!!! Mine has all kinds of "stains" in it, but the seasoning is what makes it so awesome!!!

c00p said:
Stains??? I guess I'm confused....sounds to me like you are getting some "seasoning" in it!!! Mine has all kinds of "stains" in it, but the seasoning is what makes it so awesome!!!

I agree! You can soak it in baking powder, if you think it is not "clean." But I think the stains are seasoning.

Well I am hoping it is seasoning. But it happened only after I used brown sugar - so it probably is the brown sugar. I don't want my Barbecue chicken coming out tasting strange.

Any recommendations?

Andrea

I think it's seasoning - but if not, there's nothing wrong with a little brown sugar w/ BBQ'd chicken.:D My recipe for BBQ sauce has brown sugar in it.

The first time I used mine, I made baked beans and it did the same. I was disappointed, but took it as seasoning as well.

HTH! :)

Just try baking some chicken in it today. If it tastes like brown sugar, then it's a stain. If not, then it's just seasoned.

jrstephens said:
I agree! You can soak it in baking powder, if you think it is not "clean." But I think the stains are seasoning.

You mean baking soda.

its part of the seasoning process don't worry about it
but if its chilly in your area make stew or something in it then it will have tomato sauce stains over the brown sugar

I thought it might be. Does anyone have any idea how to make the grands rolls in the DCB? How long? Does it work? This seems a less expensive option than choosing chicken.

Does anyone know how to do the chicken in the oven? Its 3 minutes per breast in the microwave. What is the equivalant of that in the oven? What temp.?

Thanks!

Andrea

I really think you have nothing to worry about.

I agree with Debbie, you have nothing to worry about, especially if you are doing BBQ in it next! I love making bbq sauces and rubs for different meats to either bake, or cook on the grill. It is very rare that I do not add brown sugar to the blend whether it is wet or dry to go on the meat.

I have even done a meat loaf with a brown sugar/ketchup sauce on one of my stones, and where the sauce landed, it turned my bar pan quite dark, the "stain" is still there, but my food does not pick up the flavors. This was the first meal I cooked on the stone, so I'm saying it's just really good seasoning.

Andrea,

By calm, be OK with the stain or seasoning. This seasoning is what is needed to make the stoneware become non-stick. I have a Large Round I bought over 10 years ago and it is a beautiful dark brown with hints of black. And Green, Red and Yellow from colored sugar and other wonderful foods that left a trace behind them. And It will not tranfer to other foods. Stoneware is porous. It is full of little tiny holes and channels. That is what makes it such a fantastic baking medium. You will never have a stone that looks like it came right out of the box once you use it. Even if it does not stain to the naked eye, you will always note color changes. The stone will darken, stain and discolor every single time you use it. That is what it is supposed to do. If you want to always show a brand new stone, buy one and NEVER use it.

Ok - I did the baking soda paste and let it sit for an hour. Some of the "seasoning" seems to have lightened or it may be my imagination. But I do think it looks better.

Well I suppose sweet potatoes and brown sugar are a good way to season your stoneware!

Andrea

I always make the comment that it is like cast iron with the seasoning...we WANT the seasoniong.. the seasoning is beautiful... and adds to the ease of the stoneware. Play up that it is beautiful and VERY wanted. Because IT IS!!!!! -Beautiful and very wanted!!!
I also explain that it is only the surface that is seasoned... if you were to break the stoneware.. the seasoning would be only on the surface and not soaked in to the stone. There is not enough to "Flavor" anything. Unless they use soap. Soap is made to stick to and bind with oils.. hence if you apply it to a stone.. it will stick to the oils ( the seasoning) and then "flavor" your next few meals -negatively.. at least for most. lol Soap is not a flavor I enjoy!!
This is definitely a "Teaching" moment. Especially if anyone purchases a stone. They would then be so informed!!

avelissar said:
Well I am hoping it is seasoning. But it happened only after I used brown sugar - so it probably is the brown sugar. I don't want my Barbecue chicken coming out tasting strange.

Any recommendations?

Andrea

Brown sugar and bbq chicken? Yumm...

Related to Help! Need to Remove Stains on Dcb Before Show!

1. How do I remove stains from my Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

To remove stains from your DCB, start by filling it with hot water and adding a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for a few hours, then scrub with a soft sponge or brush. For tougher stains, create a paste using equal parts baking soda and water and apply it to the stained areas. Let it sit for an hour before scrubbing and rinsing with hot water.

2. Can I use bleach to remove stains from my DCB?

No, it is not recommended to use bleach on your DCB as it can damage the glaze and affect the performance of the product. Stick to using dish soap and baking soda for stain removal.

3. How do I prevent stains from forming on my DCB?

To prevent stains, make sure to grease the inside of the DCB before cooking with oil or cooking spray. Also, avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners on the product as they can cause scratches and make it more prone to staining.

4. I accidentally left my DCB with food in it overnight and now there are stains. What should I do?

If the stains are not too severe, you can try soaking the DCB in hot water and dish soap for a few hours before scrubbing. If the stains are stubborn, you may need to use a stronger solution such as a mixture of vinegar and baking soda or a specialized pot and pan cleaner.

5. How often should I clean my DCB?

It is recommended to clean your DCB after each use to prevent stains from setting in. However, if you do not use it frequently, make sure to clean it before each use to remove any dust or buildup that may have accumulated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
emo812
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefKeender
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies