• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Anyone Spare a Pie Shield for Easter?

In summary, a pie shield is a kitchen tool used to cover the edge of a pie crust during baking to prevent it from burning. It is recommended to use a pie shield for pies that require a pre-baked crust, and it can be easily used by placing it over the edge of the crust before baking. While it is possible to make a DIY pie shield, it is recommended to invest in a quality store-bought one for best results. Proper maintenance includes checking the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and drying the shield before storing.
kisrae
Gold Member
I just put a personal order in for a guest who needs 4 not 3 pie sheilds for Easter. Does anyone have one to spare? I will return one when they come in with the Hostes order. (Host wont close in enought time to get the sheilds.

Thanks,
You can email me [email protected]
:eek:

sending you an email!

Related to Can Anyone Spare a Pie Shield for Easter?

What is a pie shield and why do I need it?

A pie shield is a kitchen tool used to cover the edge of a pie crust during baking. It is typically made of aluminum or silicone and helps prevent the edges of the crust from burning while the filling cooks. This ensures that your pie crust comes out perfectly golden and flaky.

How do I use a pie shield?

To use a pie shield, simply place it over the edge of your pie crust before baking. Make sure the shield is securely attached to the crust and covers the entire edge. Remove the shield during the last 10-15 minutes of baking to allow the crust to brown.

Do I need to use a pie shield for every type of pie?

It is recommended to use a pie shield for any pie that requires a pre-baked crust, such as a quiche or custard pie. For fruit pies with a double crust, you may only need to use the shield on the top crust to prevent it from burning.

Can I make a pie shield at home?

While it is possible to make a DIY pie shield using aluminum foil, it may not provide the best coverage and may not be as durable as a store-bought pie shield. It is recommended to invest in a quality pie shield for the best results.

How do I clean and maintain my pie shield?

Most pie shields are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions. If handwashing, use warm soapy water and a soft cloth to clean the shield. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can damage the shield. After cleaning, make sure to thoroughly dry the shield before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carlajanes
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • BlueMoon