• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can an Inactive Consultant Book a Show???

In summary, there is a consultant who has been inactive since December and has not submitted any shows. She wants to book a show with someone else, rather than have her own PC business. It is allowed for her to do this and if she can get at least a $200 show every other month, she might want to do it herself. However, she has expressed that she does not want to do any shows right now and would prefer to host. It is legal for someone else to do a show for her, as long as she is clear that she does not want to be a consultant. When entering the show in the system, she can be listed as a host rather than a consultant.
cat
Gold Member
I have a consultant (one of my recruits) who is inactive. She signed up in December but has not submitted any shows. I spoke to her today and she is just too busy with work to spend any time on her PC business. But she told me she is interested to booking a show with me. (She has hosted two shows with me in the past two years). She said she'd rather host right now than have her own PC business. Does anyone know if I am I allowed to do that?

Yes you are allowed to do this but if she might be able to get at least a $200 show every other month she might want to do it herself and get the paycheck too... That would also give her longer before she'd have to pay for a new kit if she did find within a year that she wants to start up again.

I don't think that we are allowed to have a show for a consultant unless it's a training show. Why doesn't she just do the show herself?

She doesn't want to do any shows right now. She said she would much rather host. Finds it easier. I'd love for her to do the show herself, but I've been encouraging her for the past 4 months and she hasn't done it!

Well then do it. There is no rule saying you can't if that's what she wants.

Yes, you can do it. I had a recruit that did the same thing. Then after her $700 show she says, "well maybe I could do it." Her year hadn't come up yet, but she still didn't do anything. There were 6 bookings from her show, too.

I am in a similar situation and it was making me very uncomfortable. I just met this girl and she told me she had been a consultant but she went inactive. She doesn't even seem to know when she went inactive nor is she very knowledgeable about the business. (I do get the impression is has been less than a year.) I think she signed up via the internet and never had ANY training. Anyway, she is also a nail tech and has just started doing nails. Well, she asked me to a show for her in May but I've been very hesitant because things just didn't sit right with me. But now that I know it's legal, I feel better. I did suggest to her she do her own show to get active again but she's not interested. Thanks for the info!!!

PamperedChefDebi said:
I am in a similar situation and it was making me very uncomfortable. I just met this girl and she told me she had been a consultant but she went inactive. She doesn't even seem to know when she went inactive nor is she very knowledgeable about the business. (I do get the impression is has been less than a year.) I think she signed up via the internet and never had ANY training. Anyway, she is also a nail tech and has just started doing nails. Well, she asked me to a show for her in May but I've been very hesitant because things just didn't sit right with me. But now that I know it's legal, I feel better. I did suggest to her she do her own show to get active again but she's not interested. Thanks for the info!!!
I would feel comfortable doing a show if the person was clear that she had the option of doing it herself.

You can always call ho and give them her name. They will tell you when she went inactive.

Beth, if she is clear that she does not want to do the show, do I really need to know when she went inactive? I'm thinking that at that point, it wouldn't matter. But I might be missing something.

Thanks!

It doesn't matter if she is inactive or not. If she is clear she doesn't want to be a consultant you can do the party.

Chef Kearns said:
It doesn't matter if she is inactive or not. If she is clear she doesn't want to be a consultant you can do the party.
That's right. I just gave that information in case someone in a similar situation would need it.

So when you put her down in PP, you just list her as a host....not consultant? So she will have a host card then? Or would she put the show in someone else's name? I had a similar situation but was hesitant as well. Just want to make sure that when you enter it....do you just put it in as a regular host? Does it matter to HO? Thanks for starting this thread.

Thanks for the info, Beth and Chef Kearns...I appreciate it!

Now to schedule a date for her show!

Hey Cat.

I have the exact same thing going on with my recruit #2. She signed in January, and has lolly-gagged around and so I am thinking about having her book a show and then get the bookings from that? Maybe that might get her to get the show on the road! I hope everything works out for you!

SillyChef said:
Hey Cat.

I have the exact same thing going on with my recruit #2. She signed in January, and has lolly-gagged around and so I am thinking about having her book a show and then get the bookings from that? Maybe that might get her to get the show on the road! I hope everything works out for you!

This is what you can't do. If she is not going to be a consultant then you can do the party and get the bookings. If she is going to be a consultant then she does the show as a kick-off (herself) and she gets the bookings.

In my case and the case of the original poster our recruits knew they were not going to pursue being a consultant any further.

Grater Girl--You just list her like any other host. Not as a consultant as host, just a regular host.

Well, hmm.. Maybe I can just get her qualified!!! lol. I can have a pom pom and cheer her on a bit. NO idea how that will pan out though, back to the drawing board!

1. Can an inactive Pampered Chef consultant book a show?

Yes, an inactive consultant can still book a show. They can reach out to their friends, family, and acquaintances to host a show and earn rewards and commission.

2. Do inactive consultants have access to the Pampered Chef booking system?

Yes, inactive consultants still have access to the booking system. They can use their consultant ID and password to log in and book shows.

3. Will an inactive consultant receive commissions from a show they book?

No, inactive consultants do not earn commissions from shows they book. Only active consultants who have met their monthly sales requirements can earn commissions.

4. Can an inactive consultant participate in the Pampered Chef hostess rewards program?

Yes, inactive consultants can still earn hostess rewards when they book a show. However, they must have a minimum of $150 in sales to qualify for rewards.

5. Can an inactive consultant reactivate their account by booking a show?

Yes, booking a show can help an inactive consultant reactivate their account. Once they meet their monthly sales requirements, their account will be reactivated and they can start earning commissions again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
Replies
Views
Patty Davis
Replies
Views
PCJenni