• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a US Pampered Chef Consultant Move to Canada?

Canadian PC and American PC are completely different - you can't transfer. However, she can resign in Canada.I don't know about Canada TPC, but I had a consultant from Germany, and I imagine the issues are about the same.You can't transfer your business to Canada, but you can resign and move on. If you are a consultant from Germany, you would have to resign and start over. I am not sure about Canada TPC, but I imagine the issues are about the same.
missyciccolella
I have a US consultant who probably will be relocating to Canada (can't remember where) in the Summer or 2008. Will she be able to move her business? Do you have to be a Canadian Citizen to be a consultant? Do any of the Canadian Consultants know how that would work? I figured I'd ask here before I called home office. Thanks for any help!
Missy

Canadian PC and American PC are completely different - you can't transfer. However, she can resign in Canada.

I don't know about Canada TPC, but I had a consultant from Germany, and I imagine the issues are about the same.

The businesses are non-transferrable between countries, unless you are dealing with military APOs. If my consultant had moved back to Germany, she would have had to resign as a German consultant, and she would not have been able to recruit anyone from Germany as a US Consultant.

As far as citizenship, I have no idea. I would definitely call HO on this, so you aren't getting conflicting information.

HTH...SIID!

I think the only thing governing whether or not she can sell PC in Canada (legal-wise) would be her permissions to work in general. If she's able to work in Canada, she should be able to sell PC in Canada!

i remember the online agreement requested my sin # but i never filled it in
and i think in certain provinces u need a direct sellers license and there are other guidelines, like in bc consultants have to have their pc id on them when they are doing a party
i would just suggest she get everything checked out before her move :)

You do not have to be a citizen to be a Canadian PC consultant (I am not a Citizen, I am a resident of Canada) but she will need to obtain the proper documentation which will enable her to work and obtain a SIN number. The proper documentation can consist of a work permit/permanent residency/ spousal sponsership (if her hubby has Canadian citizenship)/other. It can take a while to get everything straightened out so while moving her Biz will be fine, she should prepare to be "out of work" for a little while until her papers come in. This time would be perfect for doing all the ground work, preparing leads etc etc for when she does get the approval to work in Canada. In Ontario yho do not need the Direct Seller License mentioned above.

She will most likely have to resign under another director in her area - let us know where she is and we can let you know who is available. But this would be a good question for HO considering she has probably accumulated points, career sales etc under her US consultant number.

Canadian PC sounds like it operates a lot like the US PC although we obviously have major pricing differences, french bi-lingual information and other such Canadian-only nuances.

Anyway, you can always PM me if you have specific questions. I will be more than happy to answer :)

Misty

Thanks for the info! I'll let her know and we will contact HO...it stinks that she will probably lose her recruits (she just starting recruiting).
Missy

1. Can I continue working as a Pampered Chef consultant if I move to Canada?

Yes, you can continue working as a consultant for Pampered Chef if you move to Canada. However, you will need to transfer your business to the Canadian market and comply with all Canadian regulations and laws.

2. Will my current Pampered Chef products still be usable in Canada?

Yes, your current Pampered Chef products will still be usable in Canada. However, you may need to purchase additional adapters or converters for any electrical products to ensure they are compatible with Canadian outlets.

3. Do I need to obtain any special permits or licenses to work as a Pampered Chef consultant in Canada?

Yes, you will need to obtain a Business Number (BN) from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and register for the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) in order to legally operate as a consultant in Canada. You may also need to obtain any necessary local business licenses depending on your location.

4. Will I need to adjust my selling techniques to cater to the Canadian market?

While some selling techniques may vary slightly, the overall concept and approach for selling Pampered Chef products remains the same in Canada. You may need to familiarize yourself with Canadian customs and preferences, but your current knowledge and skills as a consultant will still be valuable.

5. Are there any benefits or incentives for consultants who move to Canada?

Pampered Chef offers a relocation assistance program for consultants who are moving to Canada. This may include one-time relocation bonuses, assistance with finding housing, and other resources to help ease the transition. Contact your upline or the company's relocation department for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
buddy5909
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefKelebel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies