• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Host Use Free Product Toward the Host Special?

In summary, the host can use the free product towards the host special, but the host special is separate from the free product and cannot be used together.
bearhall04
I am working on closing my first show. The host had this question:
Can a host use the free product towards the host special? I don't you think you can but wanted to be sure...thanks! Andrea

No - The host special is separate from the free product and cannot be used together.

Thanks Cookscorner...That is what I thought. I appreciate the help!

Here's a tip I received for closing my shows. It will probably help you as well.First, ask the host about the guest special. Next ask her which items she'd like for half price. I always suggest the highest price items. Then her free product. Then let her know she'll get x% off anything else she'd like to buy.

I like that idea magentablue...thanks for the tip.

I like your idea, too, magentablue. I learned this the hard way, I didn't know that free product could NOT be applied to the 1/2 off. Now I do!

An easy way to remember, is the host special is 60% off, not 100% off. Free product value goes against 100% prices.

Am I correct that a half price option cannot be used on a 60% bonus item?

You are correct, Janet.

cochef said:
Am I correct that a half price option cannot be used on a 60% bonus item?

HOWEVER, if they want two of the host specials (providing it is a single item) the host can purchase her second one at 50% off the original price.

gailz2 said:
HOWEVER, if they want two of the host specials (providing it is a single item) the host can purchase her second one at 50% off the original price.

This is a great thing to remind hosts of!! During October I had sisters that co-hosted for cookware and one sister wanted an additional set of cookware at 50% off! Of course it didn't go towards commissionable sales, but I have two very happy ladies that are 'hooked' on all things Pampered and I'm happy about that!! They'll be great repeat hosts!!:thumbup:

What is the Free Product and Host Special?

The Free Product and Host Special is a promotion offered by Pampered Chef where hosts can earn free products based on the total sales of their party.

How do I qualify for the Free Product and Host Special?

In order to qualify for the Free Product and Host Special, you must host a party with a minimum of $200 in sales. The total sales from your party will determine the amount of free products you can earn.

What products can I earn for free?

The free products available for the Free Product and Host Special vary each month. You can find the current list of free products on our website or by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant.

What if I have multiple parties in one month?

If you have multiple parties in one month, the sales from all of your parties will be combined to determine your total sales and the amount of free products you can earn. However, each party must meet the minimum of $200 in sales to qualify for the promotion.

How do I redeem my free products?

Once your party has closed and you have earned free products through the Free Product and Host Special, your consultant will contact you to discuss which products you would like to redeem. Your free products will be shipped to you along with your party order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wmwitt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Roadtripray
  • SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SherryLynn
  • avelissar