• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Deep Covered Baker Accommodate a 7 lb. Chicken or Turkey?

In summary, a deep covered baker is a versatile and convenient cooking tool made of stoneware that can be used in the microwave or oven to cook a variety of dishes. Its benefits include keeping food moist, reducing cooking time, and easy cleanup. To use it, simply place ingredients in the baker and follow recipe instructions. It is safe to use in the oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and can be cleaned in the dishwasher or by hand with warm soapy water.
siderits
How large of a chicken (or turkey) has someone put in the DCB? I know the info says up to 5 lbs., but has anyone else tried a larger one?

I have a host wanting to get it, but she usually buys a 7 lb. chicken for her size family.

I did a 5 lb one the other day (AWESOME!!) and there was still room so I think a 7 lb bird would work. I didn't put the lid on so not sure if you can use the lid on a bigger bird.

Without the lid, it was still very moist! Just remind her to adjust the time to allow for a bigger chicken.

This week Kroger has their fryers "buy one, get one" free!!! Time to stock up!

I put the lid on a 6 pounder! Yummy!

I cooked a 6.5 pounder or so, I think she should start with a 6.5 for the first time, and see how much room she has left so that she can try and push it a little more. The 6.5 only took about 35 mins for me with the lid on, according to the pop-up timer!)

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have seen many customers successfully use the Deep Covered Baker for a 7 lb. chicken or turkey. While the recommended weight limit is 5 lbs., many have found that it can accommodate slightly larger sizes. However, it is important to always follow the instructions and guidelines provided to ensure the best results and safety. I would recommend trying it out with a 7 lb. chicken and see how it turns out. Happy cooking!

Related to Can a Deep Covered Baker Accommodate a 7 lb. Chicken or Turkey?

What is a deep covered baker?

A deep covered baker is a versatile and convenient cooking tool made of stoneware that allows you to cook a variety of dishes in the microwave or oven.

What are the benefits of using a deep covered baker?

Using a deep covered baker helps to keep food moist and reduces cooking time by up to 60%. It also allows for easy cleanup and can be used to make a variety of dishes from main courses to desserts.

How do I use a deep covered baker?

To use a deep covered baker, simply place your ingredients in the baker, cover it with the lid, and then microwave or bake in the oven according to your recipe's instructions. Always make sure to follow the recommended temperature and cooking time for your particular dish.

Can I use the deep covered baker in the oven?

Yes, the deep covered baker is safe to use in the oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Always make sure to place the baker in a cold oven and do not preheat it. Also, avoid placing the baker directly on a hot stovetop or under a broiler.

How do I clean my deep covered baker?

The deep covered baker is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to preserve its quality and avoid any potential cracking or chipping. You can also use a nylon scraper or brush to remove any stubborn food residue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • karenwisn