• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling After a Trade Show: Is It Appropriate?

In summary, the person says that they are not making calls today, and that it may be too busy for some. They also say that it is okay to call people, and that it is not a big deal as long as you make sure that it is a good time.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I have a bunch of trade show follow up I want to do...but I'm not sure if it's appropriate to call people today. I asked my mom since she's the etiquette lady and she said no...but I thought I'd check here too.

Oh I don't know... I've had at least three telemarketing calls come in today (I don't answer them, thanks to Caller ID and this is WITH being on the DNC list) so I'd say if unsolicited calls are fine in the corporate world, calls that someone 'asked for' would be fine. Also, it's not a major holiday for everyone. What you could do is call, ask if it's a good time to call and let the person decide. If they say no, ask when a good time is and follow up.

I'm not making calls and in fact am waiting till tomorrow to close 2 shows with the hosts. Better to be safe than sorry that you interrupted a holy day.

I agree...no calls today. Unless you want to call a couple of people that you're almost certain will say "no" anyway, you could go ahead and "get those out of the way"...
But for the most part, I agree, I wouldn't call.

JMO

Paula

I say there is nothing wrong with making calls today. I have already made some myself.

If the people you are calling do not want to speak with you, they will either not answer or tell you, "now is not a good time."

Banks are open, stores are open, schools are open (at least here in the Atlanta area). Unless everything in your city is closed, go for it!

I won't be making calls today, people get pretty busy right before a holiday. And when making calls yesterday, I got a lot of 'call back after Easter.' I would probably wait. JMO though.

I think it's fine to make calls as well. Like the others said, make sure to ask if now is a good time. I always do that anyway. It lets them know that you respect thier time.

Wow I'm glad i read this thread! I have never celebrated Easter or anything around this time and I would have never thought about it. I only know when Easter is because my day job gives us the day off. :)

I live in quite a religious area, and everything is going pretty normal, today. I do agree that it may be too busy a time for some because people are getting ready for company on Sunday. I don't think you'll offend people, though. JMO

A tupperware lady I've asked never to contact me again called me today and asked me to book a show! I say go for it, I really don't think it's that big a deal as long as you make sure that it's a good time for them!

Here everything is closed so I know people will be home...but it's just so hard to guess. I do really want to call these people but I don't want to miss out on possible bookings because people are upset that I'm calling them on a holiday.These aren't people who know I'll be calling. They're from a list that they've signed up to...so I guess they KNOW I'll be calling, but they're not a typical lead.

Related to Calling After a Trade Show: Is It Appropriate?

1. Is it appropriate to call after a trade show?

Yes, it is appropriate to call after a trade show. In fact, it is a common practice for companies to follow up with potential customers or leads after a trade show. It shows that you are interested in their business and want to continue the conversation.

2. How should I approach the call?

When calling after a trade show, it is important to be friendly and professional. Start by introducing yourself and your company, and then mention that you met the person at the trade show. Ask if they have a few minutes to talk and if they would like to hear more about your products or services.

3. What should I talk about during the call?

The purpose of the call should be to continue the conversation from the trade show and provide more information about your products or services. You can also ask the person if they have any specific questions or concerns and address them accordingly. It is important to listen actively and tailor the conversation to their needs and interests.

4. Is it okay to leave a voicemail?

Yes, it is okay to leave a voicemail if the person does not answer the call. In your voicemail, be sure to mention your name, company, and the reason for your call. Keep it brief and professional, and encourage them to call you back if they are interested in learning more.

5. When is the best time to call after a trade show?

The best time to call after a trade show is within a week or two after the event. This allows enough time for the person to follow up with any other companies they may have met at the trade show and for them to have some time to consider their options. However, it is important to also consider the individual's schedule and preferences when deciding on the timing of the call.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Jackie7
Replies
Views
jrstephens