• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Burrito Disaster: My Bar Pan Cracked in Half

In summary, the conversation revolved around a cracked bar pan while cooking burritos in the oven. The speaker had to call PC for a replacement stone and was disappointed about having to season it again. Another person shared a similar experience of their husband dropping their stone. The conversation then shifted to celebrating the speaker's first two bookings and discussions about purchasing stones from the PC outlet store. Suggestions were made to wait for a sale or have customers contribute to the cost of a new stone. The conversation also touched on using the Guest Specials for Mother's Day shows to get more bookings for June/July.
Jennie4PC
I am so bummed, me and my husband were cooking burritos in the oven today and my bar pan cracked right in half, I did call PC and they are replacing the stone but now I have season the stone all over again:(

it happened to me too....Only it wasn't the oven that cracked my stone. My husband dropped in on the floor. I had to get a new one too. My old one was really dark and seasoned. Oh well, this one will get there!

But on a happy note, I got my first 2 bookings today but they are both in May, but hey its a start right?Tina that's great on the bookings! Sorry about your stone though. I know it's depressing to have to season again, but at least you get a new one!We have a PC outlet store about 30 minutes away from me and I think they carry the stones in there. I was wondering if anyone has ever bought a stone from there and if so, how much do they charge for them? I was thinking of stocking up on a couple of stones when I go next time.I'm not sure what the outlet price is, but we sell them for $15.50.I've had to buy a couple of stones over the years and I always wait until there's a sale. I think the last time I bought a set of stones (round and bar) I paid $14 each.You could also have your customers help with the cost of you buying a new stone. I've had several customers that have done this without me even asking. Just tell them they can order something they want and you'll contribute to the purchase of a new stone. I've had a couple of customers actually say, "Well, that will pay for half the stone!"When mine cracked last year I just called my Director and she brought me a loaner stone so I didn't have to season. We just switched back when mine came in. You might want to see if any of the other consultants in your area can help you out in that way.By the way, I haven't done the Guest Specials yet, but I think I'm going to do them with my Mother's Day Shows and then I'll also be able to get the May host special for the Hosts. I figure this way I can get more bookings for June/July!! What do you think?

1. What caused your bar pan to crack in half?

It is possible that the bar pan was exposed to extreme temperature changes, such as going from a hot oven to a cold surface. It could also be due to a manufacturing defect or it may have simply reached the end of its lifespan.

2. Can the bar pan be repaired?

Unfortunately, if the bar pan has cracked in half, it cannot be repaired. The structural integrity of the pan has been compromised and it is no longer safe to use.

3. Did the burrito filling spill out when the pan cracked?

Thankfully, the burrito filling did not spill out when the pan cracked. The pan was still able to hold its shape and the filling was contained. However, this could have been a major disaster if the pan had cracked while the burritos were still cooking.

4. How long had you been using the bar pan before it cracked?

I had been using the bar pan for about 2 years before it cracked. It had been through many uses and had held up well until this incident.

5. Will you be purchasing a new bar pan?

Yes, I will be purchasing a new bar pan to replace the cracked one. However, I will be sure to take extra precautions and not expose it to extreme temperature changes to try and prevent this from happening again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jess_K
  • cincychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • chefkitty