• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Brunch Ideas for Traveling an Hour: What to Bring?

Thank you thank you!! I'm making the apple streusel bars! Love anything with apples in it.I'm preparing to make the apple streusel bars tonight for tomorrow - should I store them in the fridge or on the counter? I never know with stuff like this!
wadesgirl
Gold Member
My grandma is doing Christmas brunch next Monday and I need some ideas. The hard part is I have to travel an hour - I'm worried about doing most of the egg brunch ideas as it would be sitting for more than an hour before it's served. It doesn't have to be a PC idea just trying to figure out what to bring. I know my step mom is bringing cinnamon rolls but not sure what everyone else is bringing.

I've done a Yogurt, fruit, and granola trifle before for Brunch shows...that might be an idea!

ChefBeckyD said:
I've done a Yogurt, fruit, and granola trifle before for Brunch shows...that might be an idea!

Oh! Becky please share. I know it's obvious but how much of each and what are your favorite combinations?

BethCooks4U said:
Oh! Becky please share. I know it's obvious but how much of each and what are your favorite combinations?

I use 2 large tubs of yogurt - either vanilla or strawberry, and then whatever fruit you'd like to use. I like to use strawberries and blueberries (you can use frozen) or peaches are nice in there too - about 4 cups total (enough to make two layers) and then a box of plain granola.

Then I layer just like you would cake, fruit, and pudding, except using granola, fruit, and yogurt. I've also mixed in some cool whip with the yogurt for a fluffier, more mousse-like yogurt for layering.
When I've done this for brunch shows, people have really enjoyed it!

Cherry Cheese Danish (you can make it look like a candy cane) or any kind of variation.

A trifle with Pannetone bread, vanilla custard/pudding, rum soaked figs.

A salad. You can add berries and nuts to a green salad. Or, you can do a savory salad, since brunch isn't just breakfast food. You can to an antipasta or even pasta salad.

If you just don't have time, a dozen bagels with some fancy cream cheeses are always a welcome addition to a good brunch.

The fruit/yogurt thing would be perfect! If you have a DCB, my favorite is the Cherry Aple Crisp!

ChefBeckyD said:

I did this for a church breakfast. It was a hit. Everyone loved it.

I'm preparing to make the apple streusel bars tonight for tomorrow - should I store them in the fridge or on the counter? I never know with stuff like this!

1. What are some easy and portable Christmas brunch ideas for traveling an hour?

Some easy and portable Christmas brunch ideas for traveling an hour include make-ahead breakfast casseroles, fruit and cheese platters, and mini quiches or frittatas.

2. How can I keep my brunch dishes warm while traveling for an hour?

You can keep your brunch dishes warm by using insulated casserole carriers or slow cookers. You can also wrap dishes in towels or use a portable warming tray.

3. What are some festive drinks to bring to a Christmas brunch?

Some festive drinks to bring to a Christmas brunch include eggnog, mimosas, hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps, and mulled wine.

4. How can I make my Christmas brunch dishes look more festive?

You can make your Christmas brunch dishes look more festive by adding holiday-themed decorations, such as cranberries, rosemary sprigs, or powdered sugar designs on top of dishes. You can also use festive serving platters and plates.

5. Are there any make-ahead Christmas brunch recipes that can be easily transported?

Yes, there are many make-ahead Christmas brunch recipes that can be easily transported. Some options include overnight French toast, breakfast burritos, and breakfast sandwiches. You can also make and freeze dishes, such as muffins or scones, ahead of time to bring with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
Replies
Views
heatherkiss
Replies
Views
Admin Greg