• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Broken stones in kitchen show products: A common occurrence?

In summary, the products arrived, but two of the vanilla square bakers were broken. The carton was fine, but two vanilla square bakers were broken in the same corners.
KimmyDarling
My first kitchen show's products arrived, and two of the stones were broken. The carton was fine, but two vanilla square bakers were broken in the same corners.

I submitted an adjustment online, but I have two questions.

How long does it usually take to receive the replacements?

and

(I'm afraid to ask, but...) Does this happen a lot?

Thanks-
Kimmy

It usually takes a week or so for the adjustment to be mailed. Did you see that you can choose to have them sent to you, the host OR the guest? At no charge?!!

How often does it happen? Way too much. I truely think that UPS has all apes (as in the monkeys) in their warehouses the way the boxes have been coming lately. And who taught them how to retape??

I called PC on that and they said if they are retaped it was at UPS.

Playing the devil's advocate again..... I think we put too much blame on UPS. My stones that were broken were smashed to pieces, not just a little bit broken. The outside boxes were both pristine. I know that stones can break during shipment without the boxes looking bad, but to the extent that mine were smashed, I am not so sure that could have happened during shipping.

The thing that bugs me is that the carton looks perfect, but inside the boxes, the tabs that are supposed to hold the stones in place were never pushed down at all. As a result, they were just able to slide around in the boxes. It's no wonder they're broken-- what's the use in those perforated cutouts if they're not going to be used?!

I had them both sent to me, so that I can have the opportunity to smooth it over with the customers face-to-face when I deliver them.

Gillian, we posted at the same time. I agree.

I am not saying that UPS is ALWAYS at fault - I totally agree that often enough it is the way things are packed at PC. But when the box is caved in and sloppily retaped...

I too have had several stones and SA pieces come shattered with a "pristine" outer box. At least PC replaces them no matter how they are damaged in shipping.

Regardless of the cause, it sure is disappointing!!!

KimmyDarling said:
Regardless of the cause, it sure is disappointing!!!
I know! And I feel that way (and a bit angry that someone didn't seem to care enough about how they handled the order) every time I get a damaged order.

I can say, though, that MOST boxes come in good condition with nothing broken so take heart!

If you drop a box and it lands on a flat surface, the stone could get shattered without the box looking any different....if you drop a box in the forrest, does anyone hear it?

With temperature fluctuations that happen rapidly the stones would shatter as well. I wonder if some of that could be that the stoneware is flown to some locations? In the cargo hold of a plane it gets real cold real fast sometime......just wondering. I have had a lot of stones broken, but they are always just cracked.

I don't think cold temps affect them because UPS leaves them on my doorstep all the time in the winter sitting in the snow. I didn't have a broken stone until August! And when I did an adjustment they sent the new pieces to the neighbors house!

Wouldn't heat affect it more anyway? Ask DH how quick the stone broke that I left on the stovetop when he turned on the wrong burner...

Listen to this one....a fellow consultant who just moved 2 hours away called to ask me if I had a 12 cup muffin pan because she's coming into town today and needs one for a customer. I guess a distant cousin of hers just placed an order over $200 at her open house because her daughter has celiac disease and was just diagnosed so she wanted all new stoneware that hadn't come in contact with gluten. The muffin pan arrives and IT'S BEEN USED!!! In a brand new box, with scraper, and it has 'seasoning marks' and crumbs inside of it!!! The consultant couldn't believe it! Of course, she's going to contact HO but can't do so until Monday but was really hoping to get a new one from me and this way could replace hers immediately when she went to pick up the 'yucky used' one.

UNbelievable!! :eek: And HOW could this happen? I don't think returns go to the same place as new ones come from?! Can't wait to hear what HO has to say!!

OMG! I couldn't imagine. I would demand a new stone be sent next day air with an I'm sorry gift from PC! People pay our prices for new quality kitchenware, not for used returns!!

Jodi: that is CRAZY!! I always wondered how they handle returns if they've been used...
I do think regarding broken items the blame goes to both HO & UPS. Sometimes things just aren't packed well enough. And sometimes I get so mad when I see those brown men throwing around our boxes. (hello-don't they see the "fragile" on the box?) I have only had a couple of broken things lately. I do applaud HO as to how they handle things though. They will send out UPS at no charge, or send a mailing label. Hosts & customers really appreciate that...so do I!
I even had a customer call that had gotten some PC items at her shower (non-PC) that she already had. 4 things I think. She wanted to exchange; HO even sent out UPS to pick those things & they weren't directly related to a show! The customer was very impressed:)

kcjodih said:
Listen to this one....a fellow consultant who just moved 2 hours away called to ask me if I had a 12 cup muffin pan because she's coming into town today and needs one for a customer. I guess a distant cousin of hers just placed an order over $200 at her open house because her daughter has celiac disease and was just diagnosed so she wanted all new stoneware that hadn't come in contact with gluten. The muffin pan arrives and IT'S BEEN USED!!! In a brand new box, with scraper, and it has 'seasoning marks' and crumbs inside of it!!! The consultant couldn't believe it! Of course, she's going to contact HO but can't do so until Monday but was really hoping to get a new one from me and this way could replace hers immediately when she went to pick up the 'yucky used' one.

UNbelievable!! :eek: And HOW could this happen? I don't think returns go to the same place as new ones come from?! Can't wait to hear what HO has to say!!

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT???????

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. I would be absolutely MORTIFIED if one of my customers received something that had been used!!!

Hopefully this doesn't happen very often!!!

I had a rectangular baker come...in about 20 pieces! The other stones in the box were fine, and the shipping box looked pristine! The box the baker came in did not have the little cardboard flaps pushed down into the box, so the baker was able to slide all around during packaging and shipping (sounds like just what happened to you). I called H.O. and had a replacement on my doorstep the next day. (Along with my first SS bonus!)I live in Southern Illinois, so I receive my boxes the day after they're shipped. (I'm so lucky!)

I received the replacements yesterday, and they were fine, thank goodness! (I also received my free knives yesterday, too-- yay!

TS, you are so lucky to get stuff so quickly!!!

1. Why did my two stones arrive broken?

This can happen due to mishandling during shipping or rough handling during delivery. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will do our best to resolve the issue for you.

2. Can I get a replacement for my broken stones?

Yes, we offer a satisfaction guarantee for all our products. Please contact our customer service team and they will assist you with getting a replacement for your broken stones.

3. How long does it take to get a replacement for broken stones?

The time frame for replacement depends on the availability of the product. Our customer service team will provide you with an estimated time once they have processed your request.

4. Can I get a refund for my broken stones?

Yes, we offer refunds for damaged products. Please contact our customer service team and they will assist you with the refund process.

5. How can I prevent my stones from arriving broken in the future?

We take great care in packaging our products for shipping, but sometimes accidents can happen. We recommend adding insurance to your shipping to protect your products from damage during delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• J.Corley
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
climbercanoe3
  • Butterfly15
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • chef.katie