• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Broken Product From Another Consultant

In summary, my party on Sat., the Host said her sister bought the older type cheesecake pan, it had the bundt insert along w/ a heart. Her sister was there and demonstrated to me that it doesnt close right and things leak out of it. She wanted to send it back. I told her I wasnt sure if she needed to go thru the consultant she bought it from but I'd check. Can anyone help me?In summary, you can help this customer by checking to see if the pan is still within warranty and by sending them a Replacement Part Order Form.
TinasKitchen
My party on Sat., the Host said her sister bought the older type cheesecake pan, it had the bundt insert along w/ a heart. Her sister was there and demonstrated to me that it doesnt close right and things leak out of it. She wanted to send it back. I told her I wasnt sure if she needed to go thru the consultant she bought it from but I'd check.

Can anyone help me?

Also, some customers have told me they lost pieces to their garlic press or the lid to their Batter Bowls dont fit.. i told them I can order them new replacements. How would you handle this?? would you look up what they want and then call them and ask if they'd like the replacement it costs such and such? and if they book a party I would just give it to them instead? I mean I wouldnt say That part but if they had booked a party Id just order it and give it to them.

How does that sound?

TinasKitchen said:
Also, some customers have told me they lost pieces to their garlic press or the lid to their Batter Bowls dont fit.. i told them I can order them new replacements. How would you handle this?? would you look up what they want and then call them and ask if they'd like the replacement it costs such and such? and if they book a party I would just give it to them instead? I mean I wouldnt say That part but if they had booked a party Id just order it and give it to them.
The customer can contact HO by calling the # on the back of their receipt (or they will need to know what host they bought it from and approx when - limited warranty). As far as replacement parts, I take a copy of the replacement form to my shows in a plastic sleeve. You can get it on the website under "Downloadable Forms"If they want a replacement part, they can order it and have it shipped right to them. But I LOVE offering it as an incentive for booking!!!

I take replacement part order forms to shows. If someone needs a part, they fill out a form and figure the price into what they owe the Host.

Here's where it gets tricky. When I enter the show on PP, I put what they owe for the part under the donation section on their order. Then I write myself a big note so I remember to change the donation to whatever it should be when I get the money from the Host.

Why put that figure under donation? If I don't show it somewhere as money owed to me on that show, I won't get the money. Or, save yourself a lot of trouble and get cash or credit card for the replacement part.

You can send them home with a Replacement Part Order Form, but I consider this another service I offer. Pop their order into PP and send it in for them.

TinasKitchen said:
My party on Sat., the Host said her sister bought the older type cheesecake pan, it had the bundt insert along w/ a heart. Her sister was there and demonstrated to me that it doesnt close right and things leak out of it. She wanted to send it back. I told her I wasnt sure if she needed to go thru the consultant she bought it from but I'd check.

Can anyone help me?

You might be able to help this customer! If the customer knows the name of the host for the party she bought the pan at AND if it is still within warranty, HO might be able to look it up. I have had this happen twice, and both times, the customer in question was the host, so they did have a record of the sale. They might not if it was just a customer.

Both times I have done this, I have gotten a reference number for a return, mailed the defective piece back and was able to get a replacement shipped directly to the customer. It was awesome!

I'm a walking example of the benefits of helping a guest with a product problem, even though she may have purchased it from another consultant. My recruiter went out of her way to take and return the large grooved cutting board for me, a year ago this time. By the time I received my replacement, she had signed me up as a new Consultant. My one year anniversary is April 29th. My original Consultant lives over 50 miles from me, and my recruiter is
a ten minute drive away. What a blessing to have her so nearby.
Grandmarita

Thank youI am going to call the customer. I called my director and she said she emailed the HO to find out what to do but being that item hasnt been sold in over 5 yrs she's sure the warranty has expired. She told me to ask her if she'd like to order the new one.

I will explain the situation to her. I'm sure she will understand.

:)

1. How do I handle a broken product that I received from another consultant?

If you received a broken product from another consultant, you should contact the consultant directly and let them know about the issue. They will be responsible for replacing or refunding the product for you.

2. Can I return the broken product to Pampered Chef for a replacement or refund?

No, broken products from other consultants should be handled directly with the consultant. Pampered Chef is not responsible for products sold by consultants.

3. What if the consultant is unresponsive or refuses to replace the broken product?

If the consultant is unresponsive or refuses to replace the broken product, you can contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance. They may be able to help mediate the situation and find a resolution.

4. Is there a time limit for reporting a broken product from another consultant?

There is no specific time limit for reporting a broken product from another consultant, but it is best to reach out to them as soon as possible to resolve the issue.

5. What can I do to prevent receiving broken products from other consultants?

You can help prevent receiving broken products from other consultants by making sure to properly package and protect your own products when shipping them to customers. Additionally, always double check the product's condition before purchasing from another consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pclady213
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lilamyw3
Replies
Views
sandilou
Replies
Views
wadesgirl