• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bringing the Butterscotch Dip to the Fruit Tray - Yum!

In summary, the conversation discusses suggestions for a fruit dip to bring to a party, including options such as Butterscotch Dip, Hawaiian Fruit Dip, Taffy Apple Pizza, and Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue. The conversation also mentions the possibility of doing a dip or pizza on the Medium Bar Pan, and the differences between strawberry preserves, jam, and jelly. The conversation concludes with a suggestion to prepare the dip ahead of time to save time during the demonstration.
stefani2
I have a Host who is going to have a Fruit Tray and I offered to bring a dip - any suggestions? What about the Butterscotch Dip?

I like the hawaiian fruit dip. I think it is in All the best.

A really easy one is 1 8 oz. strawberry yogurt mixed with 1 8 oz. tub strawberry Cool Whip.The spread from the Taffy Apple Pizza is also a good fruit dip.

Here is the dip I make for my 'Dip Shows'

If you want, you can print these out on Blank 4 x 6 index cards

:chef:

Attachments

• RECIPE CARD - Summer Fruit Dip 001.doc
    77.5 KB · Views: 396
  • RECIPE CARD - Summer Fruit Dip 002.doc
    34 KB · Views: 294
The Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue in the All the Best is also a good one...even for fruit.

thanks for your helpI have given my Host a few choices for her fruit dip now - Thanks!
So she is having about 17 people at the Show. We are doing a Brownie Trifle, and one other recipe - should a do a dip to go with crackers, or a pizza (on the Medium Bar Pan)?

(I used to only do one recipe per show...my Hosts LOVE having more variety. I would do some of these recipes ahead of time)....

TIA - Jenna

For a fruit dip the double choclate cinnamon dip I heard is really good I have made it at 2 shows and the guests just rave over it.

stefani2 said:
I have given my Host a few choices for her fruit dip now - Thanks!
So she is having about 17 people at the Show. We are doing a Brownie Trifle, and one other recipe - should a do a dip to go with crackers, or a pizza (on the Medium Bar Pan)?

(I used to only do one recipe per show...my Hosts LOVE having more variety. I would do some of these recipes ahead of time)....

TIA - Jenna
A dip as the second item would be very easy. You could prepare it before you leave for the party, putting it in your SA. That way you don't take the time at your demo.

What does it mean?Does Strawberry Preserves mean Strawberry Jam? (can you tell I don't do much cooking/baking?) :)

stefani2 said:
Does Strawberry Preserves mean Strawberry Jam? (can you tell I don't do much cooking/baking?) :)

Close to jam - preserves is kind of between jam or jelly.

Jelly is like fruit juice gelled,
Jam is like fruit pulp or crushed fruit,
Preserves is chunks of fruit in a syrup or jam.

The closest in probably jam...

Related to Bringing the Butterscotch Dip to the Fruit Tray - Yum!

1. How do I prepare the butterscotch dip?

To prepare the butterscotch dip, simply mix together 1 cup of butterscotch chips, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and continue microwaving in 15-second intervals until the mixture is smooth and fully melted.

2. What fruits pair well with the butterscotch dip?

The butterscotch dip pairs well with a variety of fruits, including apples, bananas, strawberries, and pineapple. You can also try dipping pretzels or graham crackers for a sweet and salty combination.

3. Can I make the butterscotch dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the butterscotch dip ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat in the microwave until smooth and creamy.

4. Can I use a different type of chip for the dip?

Yes, you can substitute the butterscotch chips with other types of chips, such as chocolate or white chocolate chips. You can also try using caramel chips for a different flavor profile.

5. Can I use a stovetop to melt the butterscotch chips?

Yes, you can melt the butterscotch chips on a stovetop instead of the microwave. Use a double boiler or place a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir the mixture until smooth and fully melted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Hodge
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • KelleyD
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Intrepid_Chef