• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower Host Etiquette: Who Keeps the Free Gifts?

Hosts usually give all the free product to the bride, but sometimes they keep some for themselves. Some hosts give all the free product to the bride, some give some to the bride and some keep some for themselves. It depends on the host and the bride's relationship.
StacieB
Gold Member
Question on Bridal Shower Hosts. Do your host's usually give all the free product total to the Bride, or do they sometimes keep some for themselves?

I'm looking forward to hearing this as well, as I have a host who doesn't seem to understand that normally the bride gets the free stuff, I'm looking for a way to explain this to her without being rude, seeing everyone's answer will be a big help in being able to use examples... tia!

I haven't done one, but I heard it goes both ways. I'd hate to be the bride if the person giving the shower hogged it all up though.

I have only done 1 so far and the bride got the host benefits. I have heard about the one giving the shower taking the host benefits. You could have them as co-hosts and split everything.

I have heard of both ways. I would try to encourage the host to use the free products to get the bride gifts from her wish list. She could buy the host special and whatever she wants using the host discount.

Give them to the coupleI think it is proper to give the host the free value or use it to by the gifts off of their list that weren't purchased by others.

I have had 3 in the past 2 months. All three shared the rewards in some way shape or fashion. I suggest discussing this with the person hosting the shower to see what her expections are from throwing the shower for the bride. One of mine chose all the free items for the bride as well as her 60 % and 1/2 off items. The other two worked hand in hand with the bride and they discussed who got what and it went great. I think each one is a bit different.

Yeah I agree I would definately suggest that you discuss this with the Host and see what she wants to do about the host rewards.

Usually the bride gets the benefits...but I did do one show where the hosts were the future SIL's to the bride.....and they did a PC Bridal Shower specifically so they could get the host benefits themselves!:rolleyes:
In their thinking - the bride was already getting a ton of stuff - it was a $1000 show, and she had several other showers before the wedding too, so they split the benefits between them. The Bride never even knew that getting the host benefits was an option ~ and she was thrilled with everything she received.

Related to Bridal Shower Host Etiquette: Who Keeps the Free Gifts?

1. What is a "Bridal Shower Host"?

A "Bridal Shower Host" is someone who organizes and hosts a bridal shower for a bride-to-be. They are typically a close friend or family member of the bride.

2. What are the responsibilities of a Bridal Shower Host?

The responsibilities of a Bridal Shower Host include planning and coordinating the event, creating a guest list, sending out invitations, decorating the venue, providing food and drinks, and organizing games or activities for the guests.

3. How far in advance should a Bridal Shower be planned?

It is recommended to start planning a Bridal Shower at least 2-3 months in advance. This allows enough time to send out invitations and make any necessary arrangements.

4. Can a Bridal Shower be a surprise?

Yes, a Bridal Shower can definitely be a surprise for the bride-to-be. Just make sure to coordinate with close family members or friends to ensure that the date and time works for the bride and that she doesn't have any conflicting plans.

5. What are some gift ideas for a Bridal Shower?

Some popular gift ideas for a Bridal Shower include kitchen gadgets and appliances, home decor, gift cards to home goods stores, and personalized items such as monogrammed towels or a custom piece of artwork.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
newyawksue
  • hindy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Admin Greg