1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Breakfast on Day 1

1. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Well, once again it looks like I'll be simply a lowly consultant at National Conference. This means that I could easily be wandering aimlessly around Chicago on Thursday morning. In order to keep this from happening, I'm inviting any of my non-Director, non-First-Timer Cheffer friends to join me for breakfast.

Last year we ate at Corner Bakery. They have a pretty wide range of foods at fairly reasonable prices. It's also pretty close to the Chicago Hilton--just a few blocks away. (That means the few blocks' walk back gives us a good start on working that breakfast off.) Barring another great idea, I'll probably plan to return to Corner Baker, leaving the Hilton at about 7:30 a.m.

Anyone is welcome to join me. Just PM or email me your name, screen name, and phone number. I'll reciprocate so we can touch base either the night before or that morning. Of course, if you just want to show up and join us, you're more than welcome. Be warned, though, we might decide at the last minute to change the time and/or place.

I realize this may seem premature to some people, but we only have 3 months to plan, people!

Apr 16, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Rae, you make me laugh! Could you try not being so last minute with everything?:p

I'd love to meet up with you if you are still there when we get in. We don't come until the morning of, but last year we were there by about 8:45. So, if you haven't made it over the the booths, etc...by then, I'll be looking for you. I :love:LOVE:love: Corner Bakery! (Oh - and your company, too!:D)

Apr 16, 2009
  3. raebates

Sounds good. I'll PM you my cell number. Just call when you're checked in so I can let you know if we're still there or not. If I recall, we were headed back to catch the shuttle about that time.

Apr 16, 2009
  4. raebates

Oh, yeah, and I've got to stop putting things off.

Apr 16, 2009
  5. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

I'd love to go to breakfast, but I signed up for the 7 am home office tour on the first day.

Apr 22, 2009
  6. raebates

That makes sense, Bobby. Enjoy your tour.

Apr 22, 2009
  7. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

We are coming in Wed afternoon, and my director will be at her director training, so I can prob meet you, with another one of my cluster friends...sounds good!

Apr 22, 2009
  8. raebates

Sounds good. As we get closer I'll PM you my cell number.

Apr 22, 2009
  9. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

Hi! Last year was my first conference. We're coming in on Thursday. I don't remember for sure, but it seems like last year we were a little pressed for time. Are you all coming in on Wednesday? I actually haven't registered for conference yet. I'm still trying to decide which workshops to sign up for... it's really hard to choose!!! Any suggestions???
    Thanks!

Apr 23, 2009
  10. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

My group is coming in on Wed because my director has a training event early in the morning. Even if she didn't, we might come in Wed night anyway because it's just too hectic to get there by registration. We did that 2 yrs in a row and it was a crazy day! Coming in Wed makes things alot more relaxing and you can be refreshed on thurs morning.

Apr 23, 2009
  11. raebates

We always arrive the day before. It just helps us to settle in and feel relaxed for the first event of the day.

Apr 23, 2009
  12. DEBBI

DEBBI Member

raebates, did you get my PM about DAVE AND I

Any other burgh girls (guys) joining us

Apr 24, 2009
  13. raebates

I was out of town, but I got it this morning.

Apr 26, 2009
  14. raebates

Bumping because we're getting ever closer. :)

Jun 20, 2009
  15. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I'm in Wave 2, but my D and I are leaving late Wednesday, so we don't miss even a minute of Conference! Afterwards we'll play tourist at Navy Pier before heading back to the airport. Is anyone from Wave 3 coming in early afternoon?

16. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oh, I am coming in on Wednesday night and don't have plans for Thursday. 7:30 is early for me but I plan to make the most of everything so I might be able to make it.

Jun 20, 2009
  17. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Anyone staying at the Sheraton want to meet for breakfast? I would love to meet up with you Rae but it may be a bit early for me and would need to take a cab over.

Jun 21, 2009
  18. raebates

The funny thing is that it will be a late breakfast for me. LOL!

Jun 22, 2009
  19. Karen

Karen Member Gold Member

Rae,

I very much enjoyed having breakfast with you last year, however I won't be attending this year :(. I'm know you will have a wonderful time and I will anxiously be waiting to hear all about it!

BTW, will you be the red head with the green purse again this year or is the purse changing colors? lol.

Jun 22, 2009
  20. raebates

I'll miss you!

No change of colors. I'll be the woman with the flippy red hair and the bright green purse.

Jun 22, 2009
  21. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I think I signed up for a morning HO tour too...

Jun 22, 2009
Have something to add?