• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Breakfast Ideas for Church Lock-In: What to Make in the Microwave & Fridge

In summary, the author is looking for a way to prepare breakfast for a church lock in this weekend, and has come up with several ideas. The first idea is to do a bread pudding in the microwave, the second is to do a yogurt parfait, and the third is to make muffins and coffee cake.
PamperedSheep
I have a lock in at the church this weekend with the ladies and I am in charge of breakfast. Problem is, we only have a microwave and refridgerator. I was thinking about maybe my deep covered baker. Anyone made any breakfast in it? TIA!!!

Sorry I haven't, but I wonder if you could do an egg casserole in it.

you need to do a fundraiser for them and earn money for a stove and ovenyou obviously, aren't Methodist..... every meeting and time the door is open at our church there's a meal going on :)

Thats a great idea to do a fundraiser for them!

Teresa Lynn said:
you need to do a fundraiser for them and earn money for a stove and oven

you obviously, aren't Methodist..... every meeting and time the door is open at our church there's a meal going on :)

LOL!! That's all I can say! LOL!:p

PamperedSheep said:
I have a lock in at the church this weekend with the ladies and I am in charge of breakfast. Problem is, we only have a microwave and refridgerator. I was thinking about maybe my deep covered baker. Anyone made any breakfast in it? TIA!!!

What about a bread pudding. Those are great warm or cold!

hmm no clue wish i could help!

i just made the german apple pancake and it was delicious in the oven. perhaps the microwave would do just as well, since i've had mom's apple crisp before made from the oven in a DDB. good luck! :chef:

I like the bread pudding idea. i will hunt for that recipe.

On a side note, I did just do a fundraiser for them last week, and they got a ton of prep tools, since we dont have our oven yet. We have been in the new church less than a year, so we are slowly getting things together.

We are Baptist and eat at every event as well, LOL. We just carry in all our goodies.

This Friday night all the ladies are going out to dinner then we are coming back to the church to watch movies and spend the night. Still trying to figure out how they talked me into this lockin, LOL.

Here is the bread pudding recipe that was in the SB for the DCB when it first came out. The only tip I have for it is to use caramel ice cream topping instead of melting all of the caramels!

Another nice breakast idea that I have done for shows is to do a Yogurt Parfait in the Trifle Bowl.

2 large containers of vanilla yogurt
1 8 ounce container cool whip
mix these 2 together.

1 large box of granola

3-4 cups of fresh or frozen cut up fruit. I l like to mix fresh strawberries w/ frozen raspberries and blueberries.

Layer these in the trifle bowl, and end with a sprinkle of granola. Serve with fresh baked muffins or coffee cake (you could make this ahead).

Oops - forgot to attach the bread pudding recipe!

Attachments

• Caramel Apple Bread Pudding.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 224
I would do the yogurt parfait in the Trifle Bowl and Mini Muffins made in the DMMP

sounds good ladies. thanks for all your help!!! Want to come to VA this weekend and enjoy with me? :)

1. What are some easy microwave breakfast ideas for a church lock-in?

Some easy microwave breakfast ideas for a church lock-in include breakfast burritos, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, and French toast.

2. Can I make pancakes in the microwave for a church lock-in?

Yes, you can make pancakes in the microwave for a church lock-in by using a microwave-safe mug or dish and following a simple pancake recipe.

3. Are there any make-ahead breakfast options that can be stored in the fridge for a church lock-in?

Yes, you can make overnight oats, breakfast casseroles, or breakfast sandwiches ahead of time and store them in the fridge for a church lock-in.

4. What are some quick and easy breakfast ideas for a large group at a church lock-in?

Some quick and easy breakfast ideas for a large group at a church lock-in include breakfast sandwiches, yogurt parfaits, bagels with cream cheese, and fruit platters.

5. Can I make breakfast sandwiches in the microwave for a church lock-in?

Yes, you can make breakfast sandwiches in the microwave for a church lock-in by using English muffins, eggs, cheese, and any desired toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefmichelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefharris
  • ChefDi