• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Breakfast at the Chicago Hilton

I had the chicken pomodoro panini and it was really good. I like to go there for lunch, unfortunately my sisters like Panera better, so I end up there more often. blech.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
Don't eat breakfast at the Chicago Hilton unless you brought lots of money. Last year a glass of juice and coffee was $8.00. I believe there are breakfast things at Conference. I heard that breakfast at the Sheraton was free.

Conference registration includes breakfast at the McCormick Center on days 2 and 3, so you shouldn't have to buy breakfast at all, except Day 1. There's a Corner Bakery restaurant right next to the Palmer House, and an Au Bon Pain about a block away. They're both within walking distance of the Hilton.

chefann said:
Conference registration includes breakfast at the McCormick Center on days 2 and 3, so you shouldn't have to buy breakfast at all, except Day 1. There's a Corner Bakery restaurant right next to the Palmer House, and an Au Bon Pain about a block away. They're both within walking distance of the Hilton.

Only if you have time for a long hike! We did this last year, with our luggage in tow, and it was a Loooooooonnnggg walk!:eek:

On the way back to the Hilton, we realized there was a Corner Bakery MUCH closer - on the same street as the front side of the Hotel.

We usually walked to the Au Bon Pain, and it only took about 10 minutes each way. I don't know what I'm doing for breakfast this year, as there are only a couple of us from my cluster and I don't really feel like hanging out a whole lot with the others (one is very hard to take, as Colleen knows, and I'm already rooming with her).

chefann said:
We usually walked to the Au Bon Pain, and it only took about 10 minutes each way. I don't know what I'm doing for breakfast this year, as there are only a couple of us from my cluster and I don't really feel like hanging out a whole lot with the others (one is very hard to take, as Colleen knows, and I'm already rooming with her).

Duh! I was going to say Come have breakfast with me! But then remembered we are in different waves this year. Darn!:(

Oh - and now that I've discovered the Corner Bakery - I plan on spending some time and money there this year....I've mentioned this before, but I had one of the best sandwiches EVER there last year!

If you are staying ay the Sheraton there is a fabulous fresh market/restaurant/bakery a couple blocks away - towards the Navy Pier on the right (don't remember the name of it). It wasn't very expensive (especially if you do brunch thing and knock out two meals at once). Delicious! Anyone know the name? I had lunch there one day and breakfast the next.

There is a Caribou Coffee shop near the Hilton. Great coffee and pastries. Their multigrain bagel is awesome.

I pack individual packets of Carnation Instant Breakfast drink so if I am in a rush, all I need is a glass of milk to mix it into.

DebbieJ said:
There is a Caribou Coffee shop near the Hilton. Great coffee and pastries. Their multigrain bagel is awesome.

mmmmm, and when you buy a coffee drink, they put a chocolate covered coffee bean on top!:chef:

I *heart* Caribou. I go to the one by me so often that one of their baristas hosted a show for me in March and now she is going to sign soon. Hopefully before the end of May :D

DebbieJ said:
I *heart* Caribou. I go to the one by me so often that one of their baristas hosted a show for me in March and now she is going to sign soon. Hopefully before the end of May :D

We don't have them here - the only time I get to go is when I'm in Chicago.

*sigh* So little time, so many restaurants......

DebbieJ said:
I discovered Caribou Coffee last year on my way out of town. I SOOO LOVE that place :love: - even more then I love the Corner Bakery which I also love!

We're at the Sheraton this year but I must find a way to get to those places sometime on our stay!!

I love Corner Bakery too. The Chicken Pomodoro panini is my fav. Last year I drove downtown and met up with Kristi pampmomof3 while she was at her wave and that's where we went. I like to go there for lunch, unfortunately my sisters like Panera better, so I end up there more often. blech. Corner Bakery has roasted turkey as opposed to smoked and also serves Coke instead of Pepsi, which gets them a thumbs up in my book!

DebbieJ said:
I love Corner Bakery too. The Chicken Pomodoro panini is my fav. Last year I drove downtown and met up with Kristi pampmomof3 while she was at her wave and that's where we went.

I like to go there for lunch, unfortunately my sisters like Panera better, so I end up there more often. blech. Corner Bakery has roasted turkey as opposed to smoked and also serves Coke instead of Pepsi, which gets them a thumbs up in my book!
:eek: :eek: How Can That Be? :eek: :eek:

We have plenty of Panera Breads around here, but no Corner Bakeries - and I just think Panera is almost a sad imitation of CB......

Okay - I still like Panera, but I DREAM of Corner Bakery!:chef: :D

ChefBeckyD said:
Only if you have time for a long hike! We did this last year, with our luggage in tow, and it was a Loooooooonnnggg walk!:eek:

On the way back to the Hilton, we realized there was a Corner Bakery MUCH closer - on the same street as the front side of the Hotel.
That long hike, I'm sure, is part of the reason why I lost 2 lbs at conference. :)

Is Caribou better than Starbucks??
I am a Starbucks girl and I can't get along without coffee in the morning. If I don't have my morning jolt of any kind of java, Lord help anyone who is near me:D

krzymomof4 said:
Is Caribou better than Starbucks??
I am a Starbucks girl and I can't get along without coffee in the morning. If I don't have my morning jolt of any kind of java, Lord help anyone who is near me:D

Are ya kiddin' me? Caribou is WWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better than Starbucks.

Caribou is homier and less snobby than Starbucks.

myinnerchef said:
Caribou is homier and less snobby than Starbucks.

And their coffee tastes better.

DebbieJ said:
And their coffee tastes better.
OMG! :eek: Starbucks is not even in their league! I had some kind of turtle coffee when I was there last and they had bits of candy (snickers, I believe) that was the perfect touch. I can't wait to go back there and get that again!

So, are we planning a breakfast together for those of us who are arriving the night before? I'd love a little extra CS-buddies time. I've never been to either Caribou Coffee or Au Bon Pain. I'd be game for either on that Thursday morning.Any takers?

Please tell me they have some kind of coffee in the rooms....

I would love to meet and eat! Tell me where and when Rae.

I've never stayed at the Hilton before, so I'm not the best person to plan a breakfast get-together. I'll be there with bells on (not literally . . . then again, you never know).

What is the menu for "Breakfast at the Chicago Hilton"?

The menu for "Breakfast at the Chicago Hilton" includes a variety of options such as eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, pastries, fruit, yogurt, and cereal. There are also options for vegetarian and gluten-free guests.

Is there a dress code for "Breakfast at the Chicago Hilton"?

There is no specific dress code for "Breakfast at the Chicago Hilton", but we recommend business casual attire. Guests are also welcome to dress more formally if they wish.

Do I need to make a reservation for "Breakfast at the Chicago Hilton"?

Reservations are not required for "Breakfast at the Chicago Hilton", but they are recommended to ensure availability. Walk-ins are also welcome, but may have to wait for a table during peak hours.

Are there options for special dietary restrictions at "Breakfast at the Chicago Hilton"?

Yes, our menu includes options for vegetarian and gluten-free guests. Please inform your server of any specific dietary restrictions and we will do our best to accommodate them.

What are the hours for "Breakfast at the Chicago Hilton"?

Breakfast is served from 7:00am to 11:00am daily at the Chicago Hilton. However, our hotel also offers room service for breakfast during these hours for an additional fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
StacieB
Replies
Views