• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Show's Efficiency with a $9.99 Single Electric Burner

In summary, the burner is a good investment for demos because it makes cooking so much easier and faster. The only downside is that it is not always easy to regulate the heat.
ginamkiely
Do any of you use a single burner at your shows? I heard some people did and i just got one for $9.99 and figured i'd give it a try. i'm going to make lunch on it now and see if it's worth it to bring it to shows.

any comments, ideas?

I love it because you can really show off the cookware. Make sure to bring a long extension cord as you DON'T want to be tripping over it!

ah ha, see, already a good idea. thanks, i'll put one in my bag now. lol

Oh, and make sure you let it cool down enough before packing back into the box it came it - you don't want to have a smoking bag!

I use a butane gas burner at my shows. I've had it for about 8 years and I LOVE IT!!!!! Makes such a huge difference when demoing cookware and it cools off very quickly.

I have the single burner and I keep my extention cord hooked up to it all of the time, even when storing it. That way I can't "forget" it or lose it! I just wrap it up with the burner and put all of it in the box. I think I paid $5 for mine at Target a few years ago on clearance!

The only thing I don't like is this: I LOVE my gas stove at home and I can't stand cooking on electric. So, I have a hard time regulating the heat. Good thing we have awesome cookware so I have never burnt anything at a demo!! LOL

Thats a great idea! Has it increases the sales of your cookware.. have you noticed? It would be a good idea at the next show I am doing because she has an island in her kitchen and guests could just gather around. I think I might have to give a shot! What have I got to lose? ;)

KellyTheChef said:
I have the single burner and I keep my extention cord hooked up to it all of the time, even when storing it. That way I can't "forget" it or lose it! I just wrap it up with the burner and put all of it in the box.

I do too. I use it a lot with my main dish shows. I'll probably use it TONS this season with the great 30 min meals! I'm not always in a kitchen & really don't want to run back & forth to do the meal. It makes it a lot easier.

i figured i'd get it so i can make everyone the skillet lasagna. i can't stop eating that one, made it again last night, and everytime it's awesome. i have a professional skillet and i'm getting an executive, this way maybe i can bring both, make the turtle fudge skillet cake in one and skillet lasagna in the other, show people how versitile it is

ginamkiely said:
i figured i'd get it so i can make everyone the skillet lasagna. i can't stop eating that one, made it again last night, and everytime it's awesome. i have a professional skillet and i'm getting an executive, this way maybe i can bring both, make the turtle fudge skillet cake in one and skillet lasagna in the other, show people how versitile it is

I love that one too! Just had it again this week for dinner. It's the first new recipe I'm making this selling season!

I would suggest just bringing the Executive - why show the lesser expensive product?

cmdtrgd said:
I would suggest just bringing the Executive - why show the lesser expensive product?
...and remember, the professional won't be available after February - so why start them on a collection that won't be around for long. DO talk about it though so people who have Professional can complete their sets.

all good points but i have 2 skillets so i figured i could do two things at once. you're right though.

i'll make the skillet cake or lasagna and the 30 min chicken instead. thanks ladies!!

I was wondering about getting one of those electric burners myself. Have your cookware sales gone up (for those of you that have one?) I may have to do that myself. I rarely get to actually "Show" the cookware, because we usually not in the kitchen.

I have one that I use occasionally. My show schedule isn't consistent enough for me to say with any certainty that it has affected my sales. But it is handy for those shows that can't be held in the kitchen for whatever reason. :)

ginamkiely said:

Where do you find both of these recipes. I don't have many peices of the cookware but I am going to get some.

I have used mine once and it worked just like a regular stone burner would. I was worried it would not get hot enough but it worked great. I keep saying I am going to do it again but have not.

So would the burners still be available at Target? Something to look into. Lately, I've had to walk back and forth between the kitchen and the living rooms. I've only had one host who's house was big enough to have the show in the kitchen area.

I know people have mentioned getting them at Wally World or the drugstore. I haven't seen them at Target, but I haven't looked for them, either. :)

I got mine at Walmart. But that's about the only store we have around here.

There's a Wal-Mart (as well as a Target) by my house, I will have to check it out this week. Thanks!

chefheidi2003 said:
Where do you find both of these recipes. I don't have many peices of the cookware but I am going to get some.
if you search skillet lasagna we posted the recipe on here before. as for the turtle fudge skillet cake here is the recipe:

Recipe:
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
4 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
1 jar (12.25 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350?F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a bowl; beat until smooth. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat bottom. Gently pour batter over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.

2. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully remove to cooling rack. Loosen edges of cake and carefully invert cake onto heat-proof serving plate.

3. Chop chocolate. Combine half of the caramel topping with chocolate in a bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth. Carefully spread caramel fudge glaze over cake.

4. Chop pecans; sprinkle evenly over glaze. Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce, if desired. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand of burner. I've checked at my local WalMart and Target and neither carry single burners. I've looked online, but it's hard to know what is really large enough to heat up our 12" skillet. I've read many reviews that have said certain burners aren't powerful enough to boil water. I have a show on the 29th that I need a burner for!

I just used mine tonight, I know I got it at Target, but it is still in my car, so I don't know the brand. The beauty of our cookware is that the size of the burner isn't important. That is the whole deal with the pan conducting heat so well.

Mine's a Toastmaster, I think. It's electric, and about 17 years old. I've used it at shows for the 12" skillet and it's worked fine.

cookingwithhart said:
Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand of burner. I've checked at my local WalMart and Target and neither carry single burners. I've looked online, but it's hard to know what is really large enough to heat up our 12" skillet. I've read many reviews that have said certain burners aren't powerful enough to boil water. I have a show on the 29th that I need a burner for!

Try a local "have everything" drug store (walgreen, riteaid, cvs). I know Walgreens sometimes carrys the burners and they also have frequent sales on the kind of table I use at my show (3 height legs, folds in half, carrying handle),

I use one. It cost $6 at Wal Mart. It's funny how many people ask if we carry those. I also bring an extension cord. Mine cools down while I am cleaning up.

I have used one. It was a fun show when I did. People commented they felt like they were at a Paula Deen show. I need to do it more often since majority of the time there is not enough room to do a show in the kitchen, so, I just go back and forth for the oven and do not do stove top.

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I didn't order the $50 one I found online last night! I was just worried that the smaller ones wouldn't be large enough or have enough power. I'm making the the Toasted Angelhair Pasta with Sausage and Red Peppers.

Don't know if you have Dollar General, but that is where I purchased mine

Related to Boost Your Show's Efficiency with a $9.99 Single Electric Burner

1. How does using a single electric burner improve efficiency at shows?

Using a single electric burner can improve efficiency at shows by allowing you to prepare food on-site, eliminating the need for prepping and transporting meals. This can save time and resources, allowing you to focus on other tasks and potentially increase sales.

2. Is it common for vendors to use a single burner at shows?

Yes, it is common for vendors to use a single burner at shows. Many vendors find it helpful in providing freshly prepared food to customers and making their booth stand out among others.

3. What are the benefits of purchasing a $9.99 single electric burner?

The main benefit of purchasing a $9.99 single electric burner is its cost-effectiveness. It is an affordable option for vendors who want to improve their show efficiency without making a significant investment. Additionally, it is compact and easy to transport, making it convenient for use at shows.

4. Are there any potential drawbacks to using a single electric burner at shows?

One potential drawback is that it may not be suitable for cooking large quantities of food. The size of the burner may limit the amount of food that can be prepared at once, which could be an issue for vendors with high demand. Additionally, some shows may not allow the use of open flames, so it's essential to check with event organizers beforehand.

5. Do you have any tips for using a single electric burner at shows?

Here are some tips for using a single electric burner at shows:

• Choose a burner with adjustable temperature settings to ensure proper cooking and avoid burning food.
  • Bring an extension cord in case the power outlets at the show are not easily accessible.
  • Consider using disposable cookware to save time on cleaning and avoid potential damage to your own cookware.
  • Plan and prepare your meals in advance to avoid long wait times for customers.
  • Follow all safety precautions and guidelines when using the burner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nashaynelson
  • RaggedyAunt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Debala715
  • NooraK