• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Show with a Tabletop Flip Chart: Tips and Tricks

In summary, the Tabletop Flip Chart is a great way to help you remind your guests of upcoming specials and to cross-sell other PC products during your show.
hoosierchef
I just got my booster and it included the Tabletop Flip Chart. I was just wondering if you use it during your show, and if so, how you work it in?

TIA! :eek:

I put the:

host/guest special - current and next month
Apron flyer
any special promotions

I talk about each page at the beginning of the show and display the guest promotion during the show. Having it sitting out reminds me to talk about bookings and the opportunity during my show.

I have been putting the hostess specail and guest special in my reminder binder never thought about using the flip chart for it during my shows.

I have the info cards in there and go over them. I hadn't thought about the guest specials. I need more flip chart pages to do that.

I don't use a flip chart. However, I just started showing the Trifle Bowl page at my shows. Since I'm serving stuff the Trifle Bowl, I show the page with the pictures of all the things you can do with it. Sold at least 2 at yesterday's show.

I have the current host/guest specials, and the next month or two's specials. I also have the info sheets on cookware, trifle, SA, knives.....I like to flip through it to tell about the specials, then set it somewhere where they can flip through it if they like.

is anyone else's flipchart starting to tear apart at the bottom. mine is ripping apart at the bottom.

nicki25 said:
is anyone else's flipchart starting to tear apart at the bottom. mine is ripping apart at the bottom.

Mine did within 24 hours of receipt. I e-mailed solution center and they shipped out a new one to me right away. Seems to be o.k. so far but haven't really used it yet...

I include everything Lacy does plus a the bridal info and actual invite so they can see the nice quality, registry cards, etc
I use it at the beginning to talk about bookings.
pass it about mid way thru usually when I'm headed to the oven and then at the end I remind them if they want the guest special to please look at it again for the special #

I use mine to do my entire spiel - I LOVE IT! Most of you know I don't demo recipes at my shows anymore, I just bring it/them with me already made. My entire flipchart presentation, including the intros, lasts about 15-20 minutes. When I start the show, I introduce myself, thank the host, and tell my "I" story (adding that they should watch me and see if what I do looks like something they'd want to try). Then I have everyone introduce themselves, tell how they know the host, and tell their favorite PC product. If they are new to PC, I tell them just to say they are PC virgins (this always gets a laugh). As everyone goes around and says their favorite product, I start cross-selling and giving usage ideas at that point, as everyone is still paying attention.Then I start my flipchart presentation! I have them follow along with me in their catalogs. The pages that they see have a page facing me that has all of my notes on it, page numbers in the catalog, etc. The first thing I talk about is the host benefits and I have them turn to the inside back cover of their catalog. Then I talk about: Simple Additions, Forged Cutlery, Stoneware, Cookware. If I can remember who said one of those pieces is their favorite product, I ask them questions about it to help me sell it more. After we go through all of those, I talk about our best product, located on the back cover, and that is our business kit. I end by talking about the special for the month, and include shipping and payment options with that. I leave the special flyer showing at the end.When I tell that I'm done (and add again how easy my job is), I add that they are welcome to play with all of the products I brought, eat and ask me all the questions they want. I make it a point to approach everyone at the show individually during this time to ask if they have questions. I think my presentation looks very easy, because it really is, and it is extremely duplicatable in terms of recruiting. Since I switched to this about six months ago or so, my sales have not suffered AT ALL - I just had my first $2,000+ show in February ($1,200 of those sales were at the show, the rest were outside orders by a very motivated host). In fact, I almost always have a couple of people at each show thank me for making it so casual!

Thanks for sahring Jeannie ~ I do something similar to this - BUT - yours does seems so simple - easy for leads to see why THEY could do it too...:cool:

jeanniec said:
I use mine to do my entire spiel - I LOVE IT! Most of you know I don't demo recipes at my shows anymore, I just bring it/them with me already made. My entire flipchart presentation, including the intros, lasts about 15-20 minutes.

Wow. I have thought about doing this as well. Do the guests seem upset that you don't prepare anything in front of them?? Do you bring food for them to play with your tools??

I am going more and more in this direction myself. At the workshop we had at conf with Belinda she talked about trends and how with life so busy we don't get enough time to visit with friends. I have been giving the host the choice to choose the food network version or quick power tools demo and talking about the 5 essentials in the kitchen. Which ends up becoming everything in the catalog once you start cross selling. I am considering including in the invite that if they want to see the recipe put together come 20 mins early to the show.

hoosierchef said:
Wow. I have thought about doing this as well. Do the guests seem upset that you don't prepare anything in front of them?? Do you bring food for them to play with your tools??

I don't usually prepare anything during my shows. (I will if the host insists, though. After all, it's his/her party.) I rarely bring any food for my guests to experiment with, but I make it clear they are welcome to play with anything I've brought along. I've been doing this for over a year. I've had 3 people say they wished I had prepared something. I've had oodles of people say they liked the way I do my shows.

Matter of fact, it happened at my show yesterday. A frequent customer said she liked the way I do my shows. She said she has been to too many where everyone was crowded into the kitchen. She's fairly quiet and shy, so she sits near the back. She said that people beside and behind her were always asking, "What did she just put in there? How much did she say to use? How did he do that?" [Male reference included especially for KG and Jason. ]

She said that my way made it much easier to learn about the tools. Actually, she said "Pampered Chef stuff," but I'm sure she meant, "cooking tools of excellent quality and value."

I don't think it's what everyone should do. Each of us has his/her own style, and that's one of the great things about PC. This works for me, though.

Another plus to this type of show is the quick and easy clean up!

Yeah. The only dirty dishes I have to deal with are my serving pieces. I often bring a plastic bag to carry those home in.

hoosierchef said:

Tammi, I think I have only had one host who wanted me to demo something. So, I topped off the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake with the glaze/frosting and chopped pecans. LOL I've never had a guest comment about not seeing a recipe demo.

Not to hijack the thread...but on a related note, I am going to start making what I do even more simple. I need to make a "menu" of recipe choices for me to bring (cheap ones that wow!), give it to the host for her to make a selection (or two for more than 10 guests - that's my M.O.), then offer suggestions to the host for menu add-ins based on which menu she chooses. I took a fantastic tele-class and the AD that did it does just that...I love the idea of making it that easy for the host. Does anyone else do that?

PCGINA said:
Thanks for sahring Jeannie ~ I do something similar to this - BUT - yours does seems so simple - easy for leads to see why THEY could do it too...:cool:

Exactly, Gina!!!

In what way(s) does your demo differ from mine?

Fun and easy, that's the way to do it! Now if I can get the fun part I be cookin.

I generally set one recipe as my designated recipe for a month or two. I then have one or two alternatives in case the one I've chosen doesn't appeal to the host. I tell the host that the only things they need to supply are the drinks, plates, and something to eat with (if that's necessary). They are welcome to add anything more they wish, but that's all they really have to do.

Rae, what are some examples of recipes you've used? Do you price them out to see which ones are cheaper for ingredients?Thanks!

Some of my most popular are:Layered Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
French Apple Pastry
Any of the cookie pizzasRight now I'm using the Black Forest Trifle. It looks amazing in the Trifle Bowl, and I've had guests go back for thirds!I've made some of these so often that it's pretty simple for me to figure about what it costs for each recipe. I like choosing one for a month or so because that way if I buy a container of, say, basil pesto, the cost is spread over several shows. I add it all up, round it off, and figure it as a show expense. I believe I average about $5 per show.

I tried doing this type of show, but it didn't work for me. I wasn't prepared for it, first of all (long story, but I pretty much had no choice but to make the recipe ahead of time) but mostly I was just uncomfortable. I might think of doing this when I get a more regular host base, for those that have hosted lots of shows before...

Winnipegk said:
I tried doing this type of show, but it didn't work for me. I wasn't prepared for it, first of all (long story, but I pretty much had no choice but to make the recipe ahead of time) but mostly I was just uncomfortable. I might think of doing this when I get a more regular host base, for those that have hosted lots of shows before...

Like I said, it's not for everyone. I wholeheartedly believe that, while it's essential to step outside your comfort zone sometimes, you need to make sure your show fits YOU! I'm sure you do a wonderful cooking show. Keep doing what works for you.

Hi! I'm new - so I have a question about the Flipchart. When I order it on the Supply form - does it come with inserts or do I have to purchase the cards with the product info on them? THX!

missi.robbins said:
Hi! I'm new - so I have a question about the Flipchart. When I order it on the Supply form - does it come with inserts or do I have to purchase the cards with the product info on them? THX!

If memory serves me right, it comes with three. If you're really going to utilize it, you'll probably want to add at least three more inserts. . .I think that's how many are in the packet that you can order.

raebates said:
I generally set one recipe as my designated recipe for a month or two. I then have one or two alternatives in case the one I've chosen doesn't appeal to the host. I tell the host that the only things they need to supply are the drinks, plates, and something to eat with (if that's necessary). They are welcome to add anything more they wish, but that's all they really have to do.
Rae - Do you just "eat" the cost of the food or do you pass it to the host? That's my biggest concern about going to this type of show. I would feel uncomfortable asking the host to pay me for the ingredients, but I don't do enough shows that I'm making enough money to pay for them out of my pocket. But then again, I've always done two recipes; I guess it would be a little cheaper with just one...

missi.robbins said:

It comes with three, but if your lucky an extra will be sticking to the other and you will get 6!

I put all my specials for the current month, and I have info about HWC. I am starting packages and I will put those in there also.

What is a Tabletop Flip Chart?

A Tabletop Flip Chart is a compact and versatile tool used for displaying recipes, cooking tips, and product information during cooking demonstrations and parties. It is designed to be placed on a table or countertop for easy viewing and flipping of pages.

How many pages does the Tabletop Flip Chart have?

The Tabletop Flip Chart has a total of 50 pages, with 25 double-sided sheets. This allows for a large amount of content to be displayed without taking up too much space.

Is the Tabletop Flip Chart customizable?

Yes, the Tabletop Flip Chart comes with blank pages that can be filled in with your own recipes, tips, and information. It also has a clear plastic cover that can be personalized with your name or logo.

What size is the Tabletop Flip Chart?

The Tabletop Flip Chart measures 8.5 inches by 11 inches, making it a standard size that can easily fit on most tables and countertops.

Can the Tabletop Flip Chart be used for non-cooking related presentations?

Yes, the Tabletop Flip Chart can be used for any type of presentation that requires the display of multiple pages. It is commonly used in classrooms, business meetings, and workshops.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
stefani2
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pamperedlinda
  • Products and Tips
Replies