• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inquiring About Flip Chart Inserts

In summary, this conversation discussed the benefits of using a flip chart for a show and how it can help keep everyone organized. The participant also shared that they use folders with inserts to keep track of the different topics discussed during the show.
supergirljennie
Hi everyone...

I was just wondering about the flip chart. The inserts are the plastic sheets you put the flyers in, correct? Thanks!

Yep! They are plastic sheets like the ones you put reports in only they're top hole punched instead of side.

That clears it up for me! Thanks!

How many do you think I would need?

I wouldn't go too overboard, because the binder that I have is a little overwhelming I think. I'd say 10 to 20. Just my guess. Have the important stuff on top and then theme show ideas towards the bottom. I'm getting ready to get one myself since my binder doesn't seem to get looked at. I'm going to put my show outline in it too, since it's facing you the whole show. That way I know I'm not forgetting anything.

DZmom said:
I'm getting ready to get one myself since my binder doesn't seem to get looked at. I'm going to put my show outline in it too, since it's facing you the whole show. That way I know I'm not forgetting anything.

A show outline on your side is a great idea! I'm always trying to find a place for my notes! I always forget to pass my binder around, so I'm trying to bring my flip chart so at least people will see it!

I think I have 6-9 inserts in mine. I keep the current specials, next month's host specials, round up info, recruiting info, etc in mine.

You can get fewer inserts if you laminate your monthly specials. I do that at OfficeMax, then I punch holes in the top. I can take them out of the binder and pass them around without worrying about them falling out of the sleeve.

chefann said:
You can get fewer inserts if you laminate your monthly specials. I do that at OfficeMax, then I punch holes in the top. I can take them out of the binder and pass them around without worrying about them falling out of the sleeve.
Great idea!!!!!!!!! THanks for sharing

I love to share. It gets my post count up. :)

I use it for the closing at my shows to remind me of what I didn't talk about.

I don't use a flip chart, I use folders with clear inserts to put host special & guest special for two months, recruiting info, & round up. then in the pocket I put an order form & Catalog. Each guests gets a folder at the beginning of the show and I go over everything after the introductions. I kinda like the flip chart idea too.... it's really great to find out what other consultants are doing. I really like the idea of being able to see your note easier.

blushy4u said:
I don't use a flip chart, I use folders with clear inserts to put host special & guest special for two months, recruiting info, & round up. then in the pocket I put an order form & Catalog. Each guests gets a folder at the beginning of the show and I go over everything after the introductions. I kinda like the flip chart idea too.... it's really great to find out what other consultants are doing. I really like the idea of being able to see your note easier.

That's a really good idea too! I already invested in lap boards, so I don't think I'll change that anytime soon, but it is a really good idea! I like that you put the round up in there.

AJPratt said:
I use it for the closing at my shows to remind me of what I didn't talk about.

I observed one of my director's shows & she used it with her opening. She talked about how PC brings everyone to the table & used that as a lead in for round up & then kept flipping through to talk about everything. It worked for her. I try to do Belinda's opening, but maybe I could add the flip chart to the middle of the show--maybe say something about how I love PC's mission to put families to the table & start talking about round up & then lead into specials (booking) & recruiting, etc. It's also a great way at the end to make sure you didn't forget anything during the show!

I still feel like my shows don't flow well, which is probably because with different recipes, sometimes you have bake time, sometimes you don't, etc., that it's hard to plug in talks at certain times. Then I feel like I'm bombarding them with info at the beginning & the end. Maybe planning to just go through my whole flip chart in the middle would help b/c I'd always know I talked about everything.

If you don't mind my suggestion... I have been doing the same recipe for a while and now that I am comfortable enough, I feel that my shows are flowing better. I make the recipe enough that I don't even have look at it and even if I miss something, its the kind of recipe that comes out great.

Anne, do you have a lot of the same people at your shows each month? Do they get bored with seeing the exact same show again? That's my only worry about doing the same recipe. I have many hosts who were at a show saying they want something different because some of the same people were there. I know some people do a different recipe each month, but then how do you try to get bookings from a show for the same month?

I don't really have a problem with that. And a lot of my hosts request that recipe because they love it. I was tired of doing it for a while because I did so many. And then I got away from it and now I'm back to it because my sales are the best when I do it.

Just curious... How many attend multiple shows for you?

You could always stick to one or two recipes.

I have a lot of repeat hosts & customers. My sister-in-law is in a group of friends with about 10 others who will take turns having shows. She & one of the girls ended up having shows within 3 days of each other last month!

Then for my shows next week, one of them is a booking off of a show I did for my Arbonne cons. & a lot of the names on the guest list are repeats. Then my show next Saturday was booked off of a show I did on Nov 2 & quite a few of those invited are the same names from the first show. So it does happen quite a bit.

Maybe in January I could change my set up & only do 1 or 2 recipe choices each month & change them each month. I personally get bored doing the same ones, which is why I offer choices, so I would have to change them at least once a month. I don't have repeat customers too many times in a single month, so if I changed the recipes each month & say they went to a Jan show & a Feb show, there would be two different recipes.

Of course, like you said, sometimes they request the same recipe.

What kind of foods do you offer? Main dish, dessert, appetizer? I'll tell you, it sure would make my second host coaching call easier to say do you want this or this! Oh--do you make one recipe or two? I usually make a second one for more than 10 guests, but sometimes it's even just brownies in rect baker with icing in the EAD.

I've been hearing a lot about the flip chart lately....I just might have to get it!

This is usually what I say: "I am featuring the spinach artichoke ring as the demo recipe. Its my most popular! How does that sound?". If they don't like that, then I ask "Were you thinking dessert or appetizer?" And then I go from there.

Of course, you know your clientele better than anyone, so I would just go what you are comfortable with doing. For me, the easy fix for moving my show along was becoming more comfortable with the recipe. But, you don't want guests to be bored, either.

You could pick 4 SS/kit item recipes, become an expert with them and alternate with them.

You guys sold me on the flip chart... ordered one tonight!

AJPratt said:
This is usually what I say: "I am featuring the spinach artichoke ring as the demo recipe. Its my most popular! How does that sound?". If they don't like that, then I ask "Were you thinking dessert or appetizer?" And then I go from there.

Of course, you know your clientele better than anyone, so I would just go what you are comfortable with doing. For me, the easy fix for moving my show along was becoming more comfortable with the recipe. But, you don't want guests to be bored, either.

You could pick 4 SS/kit item recipes, become an expert with them and alternate with them.

Thanks, Anne! I think I will start doing that. I might offer one main dish recipe since that's what most people seem to want (that or dessert!) & ask it the way you mentioned. Many people ask me to give them suggestions anyway! I think I'll start in January though because it gives me time to start thinking of recipes to offer that showcase the next month's host special (will be dong rings in Jan!) & I also haven't sent out any host packets for Jan yet. My others have the themes I offer.

I'll trust your judgment, Anne! You led me to Belinda!

I just thought that maybe I'll do the garlic bites so many of you are talking about for a second recipe. Do you just make them in the saute pan?

pamperedgirl3 said:
I just thought that maybe I'll do the garlic bites so many of you are talking about for a second recipe. Do you just make them in the saute pan?
Melt the butter, mix them together and then bake in the saute pan. Awesome!

Thanks! That's how I did them before, but I wasn't sure if everyone else was using the saute pan for them at their shows. I know some people said that they use stoneware.

I haven't tried them in the stoneware yet. I'm sure they are delicious!

1. How many flip chart inserts come in a pack?

Our flip chart inserts come in a pack of 50.

2. Can I customize the flip chart inserts with my own design or logo?

Yes, we offer customization services for our flip chart inserts. You can contact our customer service team for more information and pricing.

3. Are the flip chart inserts compatible with all Pampered Chef flip charts?

Yes, our flip chart inserts are designed to fit perfectly with all Pampered Chef flip charts.

4. How do I know which insert to use for a specific recipe or demonstration?

Our flip chart inserts are labeled with the corresponding recipe or demonstration, making it easy to know which one to use. You can also reference the insert guide that comes with the pack for more information.

5. Can I purchase additional flip chart inserts without buying a whole pack?

Unfortunately, we do not offer individual flip chart inserts for purchase. However, you can always purchase another pack if you need more inserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• acrylicjen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Pampered Laura
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kristyn
  • mrssyvo