• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Incentive Game: Host, Guest, and Consultant Perks to Impress

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of incentives for hosts, guests, and consultants. While some may feel unimpressed with certain incentives, it was noted that Head Office works hard to choose ones that will appeal to everyone and help grow the business. It was also mentioned that it's important for consultants to promote and talk up incentives at their shows, and not make decisions for their guests or hosts. The conversation also touched on the fact that incentives may not always be attainable for part-timers, but it's important to view them as tools to boost sales and bookings. Overall, the group agreed that while not every incentive may be appealing, it's important to utilize them to achieve their goals.
ChefPeg
Gold Member
Do you ever feel unimpressed with any of the host, guest, and/or consultant incentives?
Sometimes I look at some of the incentives and think, "really?!"

Careful, you might be opening a can of worms you can't close again! :D

I can't say that I've desperately wanted every single incentive that has come along. But I also know that HO works hard to try and pick incentives that will appeal to everyone, and ones that will help us grow our business. There's just no way of being able to please everyone all of the time.

Even if you are not impressed with them, talk them up like crazy at your shows!! Never let your guests know you feel like that.We never use to get incentives for holding two shows! When I started almost 6 years ago it was very rare to even have sign up incentives for either new people or the recruiter. I think PC offers so much now. I personally don't like it when people want to know what the next months recruit incentive is. This month is going to be just as great and it's just a BONUS!! Everybody loves a bonus.

most of my hosts don't even know what the monthly special is when they book - unless it's something really good - like extra $$$. I do't book with the specials, I promote the fress shopping spree.

Yes, all the time. But I am not the one I need to worry about. The only thing you should worry about as far as any incentive goes, is how you will use it to get more sales and bookings. These are simply "tools" we get to use to boost sales and bookings. Some will, some won't but if you pass them up as being "unexciting", you may be loosing sales and bookings. You should NEVER think or make decisions for your guests or hosts. Let them tell you if they want them. You will need to remind them of these "gifts". Guest and Host bonuses will not always trip our triggers but we can not earn them so direct those to your guests and hosts. And Linda has a great point, most hosts never remember what they are anyway until you bring it up again at closing. Too funny actually but it is true. The guests bonus also. I rarely have anyone remember what it is at shows until I bring it up again at check out. And again it is their decision then to make that extra purchase to get it. Not ours! As for our incentives, with so many of us, there is no way on earth HO can find something that will appeal to all of us consultants. The main thing is that they are there. Unlike many other DS companies, we are offered something most of the time now. Not just once in a blue moon. When I discovered that so many of our incentives were unattainable for part timers, I got mad. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. Anything offered is a bonus. The only thing anyone at HO ever said we would get is a great product base to use to make our lives better when we chose to sell. That's all. Anything else is icing on the cake. We now have everything covered to a point. Sales bonuses, recruiting bonuses, first time trip earners, training freebies, new products freebies, two shows freebies, and not one of these is something they had to do. Wadesgirl and Linda both know how much I hated the trip incentives levels up until a few years ago when HO realized a lot of us were just part timers. $54,000 in sales was not something we strove for so, they decided to reward us by putting in the "two shows this month and earn one of these!" incentives. And many more. I am very happy with that. I no longer feel overlooked like I used too. Which then was wrong too as it was ALWAYS MY DECISION and not HOs to go for it or not. So never look at the products themselves begin offered, look at it as a "tool" for you to use to get where you want to be. When you want to get on your roof, you use a ladder. When you want to increase sales to get a trip, you use the Guest and Host specials to get there.

Yes, the June peelers do not impress me. However the May pink spatula I am sure boosted some orders to $60 and I think the July ice cream scoop will do the same.

pampered1224 said:
You should NEVER think or make decisions for your guests or hosts. Let them tell you if they want them.
You will need to remind them of these "gifts". Guest and Host bonuses will not always trip our triggers but we can not earn them so direct those to your guests and hosts.

Completely agree! I've been really surprised by some hosts getting excited over the month's host special when I thought it was completely ho-hum. Other specials that I was considering hosting a party for, to earn it myself, have made other hosts yawn.

John, you do know we can earn them ourselves by hosting, right? Maybe you meant something else.....

Ever feel unimpressed
Every time I go to a store and see a sign that says, "NEW!" "IMPROVED!" because in reality it is, "SAME OLD SAME OLD!"

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Every time I go to a store and see a sign that says, "NEW!" "IMPROVED!" because in reality it is, "SAME OLD SAME OLD!"
I always wonder who the taster is for dog food that states, "newer, better tasting"

On the rare occasion that I have someone say they don't want/need the freebie of the month, but they've earned it ... I encourage them to think of someone who might love to get it as a gift. That usually helps them. This month, if they know a newlywed or someone who just graduated & moved into their own place, then they probably could use a good peeler. Or if they know someone who's been married 20 years, they probably know someone who's ready for a replacement for the one they got as a wedding gift. LOL

ShellBeach said:
Yes, the June peelers do not impress me. However the May pink spatula I am sure boosted some orders to $60 and I think the July ice cream scoop will do the same.

...and you never know what they will want. Last night I left my Avocado & Serrated Peelers at home. I made fruit salsa and I would have used the Avocado peeler to peel the mango after using the mango wedger and the serrated peeler to peel the kiwi. Instead I talked about them but used one of the host's teaspoons to peel both of those fruits. Which peelers did they add to their orders to get? The avocado and serrated peelers. You never know...

Brenda.the.chef said:
I always wonder who the taster is for dog food that states, "newer, better tasting"

Several cats.

The truth of the matter is this. We see this stuff all the time. We work with it, we use it at home and we, well, take it for granted. Our hosts and guests are a whole other ball of wax! I too am surprised at some of the things that people will go for. That is what does impress me. The other thing that does not impress me, my reflection in a mirror. That simply scares me half to death!

Related to Boost Your Incentive Game: Host, Guest, and Consultant Perks to Impress

1. Why do I sometimes feel unimpressed with my cooking?

Feeling unimpressed with your cooking can be due to a variety of factors, such as using the same recipes over and over again, not having the right tools or ingredients, or not being confident in your skills. It's important to mix things up and try new recipes, invest in quality kitchen tools, and practice and improve your cooking skills.

2. How can I make my cooking more impressive?

To make your cooking more impressive, you can start by experimenting with new recipes and ingredients, investing in quality kitchen tools, and learning new cooking techniques. You can also take cooking classes or watch tutorials online to improve your skills and gain confidence in the kitchen.

3. Can using certain kitchen tools make a difference in my cooking?

Yes, using the right kitchen tools can make a huge difference in your cooking. Quality tools can help you achieve better results and make cooking more efficient and enjoyable. Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools that can help you elevate your cooking game.

4. How do I know which recipes to try to impress my guests?

When choosing recipes to impress your guests, it's important to consider their dietary preferences and any potential allergies. You can also ask for their input or choose recipes that you feel confident in making. Pampered Chef offers a variety of delicious and impressive recipes that are sure to wow your guests.

5. How can I use Pampered Chef products to make my cooking more impressive?

Pampered Chef products are designed to make cooking easier, more efficient, and more impressive. From our high-quality knives and cookware to our innovative gadgets and tools, using Pampered Chef products can help you achieve better results in the kitchen. You can also use our products to create beautiful presentations and enhance the overall dining experience for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WestCoastPC
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
dianafeller
Replies
Views
Admin Greg