• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business: Personal Web Site for Cooking Pampered Style in Louisiana

In summary, Cheryl Mackey recommends a website as a great value and an effective way to get orders for shows, but says that it is worth advertising and promoting the site.
cmackey
I have been in the business for two years and have been struggling since I had my baby 10 months ago to get bookings and increasing my sales to stay active. I have been considering doing a personal web site for 6 months to see if it had an impact on my business. I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not this would even be worth my while and my money to do this. Does anybody really use them? How do people just happen to find your website other than business cards, etc? I really want my business to go, but not to sure about this. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheryl Mackey
Cooking Pampered Style in Louisiana

Hi Cheryl,
I have not had but two orders from my personal web site, so I don't know whether it is worth the money we pay or not. I know that is not a lot of help, but just wanted you to know that I have not seen too much activity.

I have a 10 month old too, so congrats on that! I've only been a consultant for about 4 months, but I signed up for a website right away. Some of my hosts have really taken advantage of the features, and send out email invites , and make wish lists. One host boosted her sales by about $200 when her guests ordered on the web. The best part was that someone passed on my website, and I now have a potential recruit. So far I only have the website on my stamp, but I am getting business cards and car magnets soon. I think my hosts like it, and I would recommend that for at least 6 months, especially if you have a lot of computer savy guests/hosts. I would say that nothing really replaces the phone calls though! Hope this helps a little!

Melissa

Cheryl,

Since you've been in the business for awhile (compared to sooo many brand new consultants on this site), I'm guessing you may have lots of email addresses from your past customers. Do you send email newsletters?

I enjoy having my website. Since there are no counters, I don't know how many people visit but I'd say I average one online order a month. I haven't educated my Hosts about the site as well as I could, so this should be another way to beef up traffic.

If you are willing to use your email addresses, you can get people to go to your website. Send a very short newsletter letting them know that on your website they will find the list of discontinued products, upcoming specials and maybe a recipe or two.

I think it's a beautiful site and a great value.

If you do not advertise it at your shows and put your web site address on everything , no it is not going to help you one bit.
I push my web site i make sure everyone knows it is there , i hand out recipe cards at every show to all my guests with it on there and i tell them my web site is on the back. I tell them they can place a order any time they need anything.

I thinkthe website is a great idea as long as you make sure you advertise it by putting your website address on EVERYTHING you hand to people regarding your business.
PLUS... it really does increase orders for shows when you make sure the host knows what can be done with a show set up on your website.
You can't just say..."Oh, and your set up on my website and people can order through it for your show"
When I coach my hosts I tell them to make sure they include long distance family and friends in their show by sending them an e-mail inviting them to order products that can be delivered right to their door!! A lot of people just don't realise you can do that unless you tell them! But it works!! I don;t think I could live without my website now. :D

I do give out my website and I have had it since Jan 2006, I only had 5 orders on it since then but each one was over $50 the largest was $160 and these from people who couldnt go the host shows. It is worth it. Some of my older host go to the website to see my recipe of the month or to check out the discontinued I have on there. It is worth the money. But go have to promote it.

Also, for your information there is a forum on here about websites and that has the pros and cons just by seeing what people are posting!

One more hint. I don't put my email address on materials (except my business cards), just my website. This does two things -- it's not likely that I'll change my website name but my email address may change. They can send me an email through my website. Second, if they do want to contact me via the internet, they'll have to "see" my website.

I never thought about that Jeanine! I have my e-mail address on everything, and still no one can ever find it!

I put my website on EVERYTHING and have only had two small orders from it in the 4 months I have been selling. My host do not use it all. After my subscription runs out I am not going to renew mine. The people in my area say they prefer to buy from a catalog. I have tried pushing it. I send newsletters and weekly tips and everything and nothing works. I know it works wonderful for others but it just is a flop for me that I wish I had of saved my money on.

When I signed up for it I was sort of mislead ( I do not believe at all intentionally - I just think we did not communicate about it well enough) by the way it was presented to me or I would have never done it to begin with.

I have never gotten any orders not connected to a show, but I am scared that if I cancel it people will try to get into it. I think it will look badly if I am still doing PC but my website says the page can't be found or whatever!

I think it's only worth it if you promote it, like the others said. I did the same as you are thinking, just signed up for 6 mos to see if it was worth it. I have promoted it with all my hosts and have gotten 6 orders and many are also using the evites, so I can track how they are doing on RSVPs, and even send a "way to go" email!

Definitely check the forum on here and other cheffers' sites for ideas. The other main thing is to update and change your "news" articles so people that revisit will have new things to see.

I used to send out a huge e-mail newsletter - with lots of info, and recipes etc.....now I send a very short monthly email - telling people about the specials of the month - and I give them the titles of my "News" items on my website and just the name of the recipes of the month - and just encourage them to click on my website link for more info......I am getting more and more traffic all the time! Last Christmas, someone who had placed an outside order at a show got on my website and ordered ALL of the professional cookware! That was worth the subscription cost right there! Oh - and today I had someone get on my website to become a consultant (I've never met her) - and she is signing August 26th!:D
One other funny story - the new receptionist at my Chiropractor's office (I hadn't had a chance to let her know I sell PC yet!) emailed me because she saw my name on an email forwarded to her from a friend....when I went in to the Chiro. that week - she had gone thru the catalog online and had an order all ready for me! So, needless to say - I love my Website!

chefjeanine said:
One more hint. I don't put my email address on materials (except my business cards), just my website. This does two things -- it's not likely that I'll change my website name but my email address may change. They can send me an email through my website. Second, if they do want to contact me via the internet, they'll have to "see" my website.

Jeanine - what a GREAT tip! I'm taking my email address off of everything right away! Thanks!

That is a good idea about just covering the topics that you have listed on the website!

What is a Personal Web Site?

A Personal Web Site is a customizable website that allows you to showcase your favorite Pampered Chef products and host online parties for your friends and family.

How do I create a Personal Web Site?

To create a Personal Web Site, simply visit the Pampered Chef Consultant website and log in to your account. From there, you can customize your site with your own branding and product choices.

Can I sell products through my Personal Web Site?

Yes, you can sell products through your Personal Web Site by setting up your own online parties and inviting your customers to shop. You will earn commission on all sales made through your site.

Do I have to pay for a Personal Web Site?

There is a monthly fee of $9.50 to maintain your Personal Web Site. This fee covers the cost of hosting and maintaining your site, as well as providing you with access to marketing tools and resources.

Can I track my sales and earnings through my Personal Web Site?

Yes, you can track your sales and earnings through your Personal Web Site by accessing your back office on the Pampered Chef Consultant website. This will allow you to see how many sales you have made and how much commission you have earned through your site.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmackey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • KellyM
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • cmackey