• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Mention My Pampered Chef Business on Personal Social Media?

In summary, the Policies and Procedures document states that, other than on approved vendor sites or a personal Pampered Chef® website, consultants are not allowed to list the company name on their personal profiles on the internet. This includes mentioning or discussing your business on forums except those specifically for Pampered Chef consultants. It is recommended to send a personal email to update or inform friends on non-Pampered Chef forums.
familymgrkendra
I was reading the discouraged thread that got a little Off topic and read this part about internet policies:

From page 22 of the Policies and Procedures document:
Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Web Site or approved vendor sites, do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet.

My DH and I are new consultants so forgive me if this a dumb question:

I am a member of a message board similar to this except it is a mommies board of about 100 women who are very close and have been a member for 6 yrs. I have been busy lately, so someone asked for an update from me and I mentioned we joined PC and such. Is it against policy to let friends on a message board know that my DH and I are now PC consultants. I haven't added it to any proflies just mentioned that I am now a PC consultant in a post.

Thanks for any help or advice!!

Last edited:
You can't do that but since they asked, you can say that you just started with a direct sales company and would love to talk more about it with them off line - something like that would probably be just fine.

Actually it is against policy to discuss your business in anyway on forums except those for PC consultants! If you want to update these people or let them know you can always send a personal email and tell them what is going on!:thumbup: At least you are aware that you made a mistake and now you know! :D :chef:

familymgrkendra said:
I was reading the discouraged thread that got a little Off topic and read this part about internet policies:

My DH and I are new consultants so forgive me if this a dumb question:

I am a member of a message board similar to this except it is a mommies board of about 100 women who are very close and have been a member for 6 yrs. I have been busy lately, so someone asked for an update from me and I mentioned we joined PC and such. Is it against policy to let friends on a message board know that my DH and I are now PC consultants. I haven't added it to any proflies just mentioned that I am now a PC consultant in a post.

Thanks for any help or advice!!

Not a dumb question. Would have been dumb to NOT ask someone if you were not sure.

BethCooks4U said:
You can't do that but since they asked, you can say that you just started with a direct sales company and would love to talk more about it with them off line - something like that would probably be just fine.

That may or may NOT be policy but that is one of the most rediculous, idiotic, things I have ever heard of..

Jim

Geoo said:
That may or may NOT be policy but that is one of the most rediculous, idiotic, things I have ever heard of..

Jim
excuse me?

Geoo said:

Jim
Let's not get harsh. At least try to type in a kind "tone". It's fine to disagree with policy, but we don't make policy. We join PC knowing policy and agreeing to follow it.

Excuse you for what? I have an opinion. If some one post on craiglistlist or meetup looking for business then according to the rules it would appear that they would be in violation of the agreement but I seriously doubt that would apply if they were asked what was going on in my life and i replied.. "Oh, well I am a Pampered Chef Consultant" To say that, in my opinion, is reading into the rules and misleading the person that posted this thread from the start. Secondly, I believe that if he or she is concerned with the rules they should address them to the HO or a lawyer. SO, dont get rude with me, I have an intelligent opinion.

Jim

JAE said:
Let's not get harsh. At least try to type in a kind "tone". It's fine to disagree with policy, but we don't make policy. We join PC knowing policy and agreeing to follow it.

I wasnt harsh until I got the childish "excuse me" response.

Jim

BethCooks4U said:
To clarify: We cannot say on an online forum (except one like this that is for consultants) that we are with Pampered Chef or refer directly or indirectly to the company (it's in the agreement we all sign). SO, if someone asks us what's new as in this person's case - she was away for a while and they were catching up - she can't say she now sells PC but she can say she has just started selling with a direct sale company and would love to talk about it off line if the other person wants to.

Geoo said:
Excuse you for what? I have an opinion. If some one post on craiglistlist or meetup looking for business then according to the rules it would appear that they would be in violation of the agreement but I seriously doubt that would apply if they were asked what was going on in my life and i replied.. "Oh, well I am a Pampered Chef Consultant" To say that, in my opinion, is reading into the rules and misleading the person that posted this thread from the start. Secondly, I believe that if he or she is concerned with the rules they should address them to the HO or a lawyer. SO, dont get rude with me, I have an intelligent opinion.

Jim
Childish? Calling someone's post ridiculous and idiotic is not what I call acting like the adults we all should be to be on this forum. We all have opinions but should at least be civil to each other.

My response was in shock that someone would even think to respond in the way you did.

Edit: my response was NOT misleading to the original poster. I was telling her that she can not say she is a Pampered Chef consultant on a forum. That is a fact. We all signed the same agreement. If you are a consultant go read yours.

Last edited:
I agree with you Beth. Even if it wasn't directed at your post but at the policy, the tone was still uncalled for IMO.

BethCooks4U said:
Childish? Calling someone's post rediculous and idiotic is not what I call acting like the adults we all should be to be on this forum. We all have opinions but should at least be civil to each other.

My response was in shock that someone would even think to respond in the way you did.

Edit: my response was NOT misleading to the original poster. I was telling her that she can not say she is a Pampered Chef consultant on a forum. That is a fact. We all signed the same agreement. If you are a consultant go read yours.

AHH, Beth. I apologize. I did not mean that your post was rediculous. I am sorry if it was read that way. Now I feel like a heel.

I meant that in my opinion, having such a policy is rediculous. In the end, it really doesnt matter what i feel about the policy, of course, but that is my opinion. I was just relaying that and took offense when I saw your response. But now I understand what you thought you were replying too.

Again. my apologize.

Jim

Geoo said:
AHH, Beth. I apologize. I did not mean that your post was rediculous. I am sorry if it was read that way. Now I feel like a heel.

I meant that in my opinion, having such a policy is rediculous. In the end, it really doesnt matter what i feel about the policy, of course, but that is my opinion. I was just relaying that and took offense when I saw your response. But now I understand what you thought you were replying too.

Again. my apologize.

Jim
Accepted. but please read over your posts before hitting submit in the future. We are all human (you too I know) and have feelings.

BethCooks4U said:

Thank You so much!!! I went back and edited my post on my mommy board. You all have been so helpful!!

familymgrkendra said:
Thank You so much!!! I went back and edited my post on my mommy board. You all have been so helpful!!
You are welcome. Please feel welcome to ask questions here. There are many on this site that are happy to help however we can. Please, if you are ever not sure, check with HO (home office) if you aren't sure an answer is correct.

That being said, your director is your best source for help, then HO, then other sources like here. A lot of people come here and find the wealth of information and then just come here to ask (there's always someone here who can help and HO may be closed or it's too late to call your director) but be careful. It really is best to let your director guide you.

Best of luck in your business!!

1. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Our return policy allows for returns within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. However, personalized or used items may not be eligible for return. Please refer to our website for more details on our return policy.

2. Can I cancel or change my order after it has been placed?

As long as your order has not yet been processed, you may cancel or make changes to it by contacting our customer service team. Once an order has been processed, it cannot be modified or canceled.

3. How long does it take for my order to be delivered?

Delivery times may vary depending on your location and the shipping method chosen at checkout. Generally, orders are delivered within 3-5 business days. You can track your order on our website using the provided tracking number.

4. Are there any discounts or promotions available?

We occasionally offer promotions and discounts for our products. These can be found on our website or through our email newsletters. Please note that these promotions may have expiration dates and may not be combined with other offers.

5. What is the warranty for Pampered Chef products?

We stand behind the quality of our products and offer a limited lifetime warranty on all our products. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. If you experience any issues with your product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
Replies
Views
lovecookn
  • completelychristie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies