• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Meetup Groups Turn Around Your PC Business Bookings?

like a discount or free item?It's important to offer incentives for booking, like a discount or free item.
Jmioni
I've been struggling with getting new bookings in my town, my family and friends are not interested in PC at all and after calls, fliers, business cards, door to door, nothing was working. I decided to join some Meetup groups in my area, and WHALA - 3 shows. I was so excited!

THEY ALL CANCELLED! :cry: What in the world am I doing wrong? Now I'm back to square one and frustrated to where I want to throw in my white towel. I've been deactivated as a consultant because I did not sell $150 in July, now August isn't looking much better. :eek:

Can you do any vendor markets to get some contacts? I got 2 shows and some sales out of one I did, and it wasnt even busy. I think a busy market would do much better than that. You'd probably need a camping canopy and some tables if you dont already have them. I bought about $200 worth of structure and supplies to do the markets, but it's a business investment.

You can search this site for markets (I have 3 more scheduled from this site) and they do have LOTS of listings. It's EventLister.com. It does cost $40 to join, but I think it's worth it since there were several markets to choose from in my area. Keep your chin up, all those No's lead to Yes's! Good luck!

Last edited:
I agree with trying some sort of booth. I did one at the beg. of August. It was a two day thing. I got about $150 in sales, and one booking, but lots of contacts. I was kinda bummed about only one show, but got two bookings off of that one, so it is worth it. All you need is one show to make it good.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend that you take (or re-take) the host coaching trainings on Consultant's Corner. You have to keep in contact with your hostesses & not let them fall through the cracks. But you also have to find the line between keeping them informed & motivated and not being a pest. ;)If you met them in a social networking group, it's important to maintain that relationship too. Once they agree to host, you can't do a 180 and only talk about PC. You still have to talk about things that brought you to the group too. If they view you as having just joined the group to get some shows, it will show in their attitude and they will (more than likely) loose interest. ;)

Hi, I am Candice and I am new to the area here and a new consultant. Man oh man, I struggled at first! I've done everything you said, but the biggest thing for me is LOGO WEAR! Seriously, I get stopped every time I go out. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get their contact info. Put a post it note or a Guest Info sheet on catalogs and have them fill it out before you lose contact!Have you offered an incentive for booking?

1. What is "Can't Catch a Break!"?

"Can't Catch a Break!" is a cooking class offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on making quick and easy meals for busy individuals.

2. Who is the class suitable for?

The class is suitable for anyone who is short on time but still wants to enjoy delicious and healthy homemade meals. It is especially great for working professionals, parents, and students.

3. How long is the class?

The "Can't Catch a Break!" class typically lasts for 1-2 hours, depending on the specific recipes being demonstrated.

4. Do I need any special cooking equipment for this class?

No, you do not need any special cooking equipment for this class. The recipes will be demonstrated using basic kitchen tools and appliances that are commonly found in most households.

5. Can I still attend the class if I have dietary restrictions?

Yes, our Pampered Chef consultants are trained to provide alternative ingredient suggestions for those with dietary restrictions. Please let the consultant know about your restrictions before the class begins.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyCooks
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • augmommychef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ValM2010