• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble Finding and Keeping Bookings

the difference between a show and a class is that a class usually lasts an hour and a show lasts 3 hours. It's more like a party where you're learning something.
PamperMeDawn
Hi all,
If I ever need help from others this would be the time. I am so disappointed about the lack of shows I've had and haven't been able to get any more. I am down to one show a month. People are canceling for various reasons, or prosponing shows. Most people don't want to have shows because of the economy and no matter what I say. I'm now desperate cause I feel like my business is going to fail and I don't want that nor can I afford that in the summer months when I won't get income from my substitute salary. I've been putting up fliers everywhere. I'm currently holding a fundraiser at my church for the youth group. I'm also debating about joining the Chamber of Commerece here in my city to try and drum up business. However, the annual fee is $195, which I could come up with but am nervous about since things are going down the tubes. On May 30th there will be a fair and as a member of the commerce (if I join) can have a table set up to show products. So what would you all do? What have you guys been able to do in my situation?

I was there a few months ago. Get involved with booth opportunities! That's what I did and since March, I've recruited 3 people and have a steady biz. I've also re-vamped how I run and view my biz...that helped out big time as well :)

I went back to mailing out the invites for hosts, and low and behold...NO CANCELLATIONS! The "excuses" are gone now (everyone said they can't come, no one has any money, everyone is busy..etc) and my sales have even improved.

Sit down and really take a hard look at your biz. What worked and what's not working and try to find solutions to those that aren't working. Invest in some training cd's and programs and study! The next thing you know your biz will completely turn around :)

Good luck!!!

well said AND invest in NATIONAL CONFERENCE. Your business will change immediately following!!!

I know you're frustrated and feeling desperate. Take a deep breath. You might be transmitting those feelings to your potential hosts. Take a moment to get your head right before you talk to someone. You're offering a marvelous opportunity. That's what you need to keep in mind.As for cancellations, that's often all about the host coaching. Are you keeping in regular contact with your hosts in order to keep their excitement up? Another thing I've been hearing a lot lately, especially in light of the economy, is to stress what's in it for the guests. They get a fun, inexpensive night out. There's no pressure to buy. We all go through dry periods. Hang in there.

totally agree about "what type of attitude" you're conveying to people. I try real hard to keep the "whole economy" thing positive in my business if I'm talking about it...I'm constantly talking about the baker and how " for a family of 4 to go out to dinner once or twice" will pay for the baker...EVERYONE HERE WANTS IT!! and is willing to book shows to get it.
Also, right now, try and find people who are involved in their relay for life teams...most of these are going on from now through August...they need to raise $$ for their teams..search relay for life and the 3 day walk in your area..find a contact person and offer to go talk at one of the meetings they hold. They should be holding once a month meetings right now. Take the cancer products and offer fundraising..I offered an additional 7% to them from my commission. I currently have 4 teams participating from relay...and I have 3 individual gals participating from the 3 day walk..once gal is at $1,700 right now..
Be positive and it will come to you
good luck

Also, from one of the recent calls (Maybe the one mentioned on here with Michael Reeves), the lady was saying she doesn't call it a Show. She calls it having a "Cooking Class". That distinction between "Show" and "CLASS" might be enough to encourage those "economy" excuse-hosts to go forward. They are learning something practical for FREE in a time when everyone may need it the most. Personally, I think most of the "economy" hosts are just looking for an easy excuse- they'd do this no matter what. Doing the invites would probably definitely slow that down.

Good points, Bobbi. When talking with "civilians" I almost always call shows parties. Shows are intimidating. Parties are something everyone knows how to do, and they sound like fun. Everyone likes to have fun.

Thanks for the advice. I have on more question. Have any of you gone door to door with fliers? How has that worked out?

I think that would get me shot here, lol. However, I also just had printed at Kinkos some of those Consultant in your Neighborhood fliers that I'm going to enlist the kiddos in my house into slipping into neighborhood newspaper boxes (since I've heard mailboxes is not legal)

PamperMeDawn said:
Thanks for the advice. I have on more question. Have any of you gone door to door with fliers? How has that worked out?

Our neighborhood association won't allow us to go door to door. However, we have a garage sale day once or twice a year. I went around to sales that day and talked with people.

I've not done that because I live in the geographical center of nowhere. In the 1 1/4 mile trek around my "block" I would only encounter 6 houses.

1. How can I find new customers to book parties?

One of the best ways to find new customers is by reaching out to your existing network. Ask friends, family, and acquaintances if they would be interested in hosting a party or if they know anyone who would be. You can also utilize social media platforms to promote your business and reach a larger audience.

2. What can I do to encourage guests to book parties at my shows?

Offer incentives for guests who book parties at your shows, such as a free product or a discount on their purchase. You can also highlight the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and having a fun night with friends.

3. How can I keep track of my bookings and follow up with potential hosts?

Utilize a booking tracker, either in a physical planner or online, to keep track of your upcoming parties and potential hosts. Make sure to follow up with potential hosts through phone calls, text messages, or emails to remind them of the benefits of hosting a party and to schedule a date.

4. What can I do if I am having trouble finding hosts for my parties?

Consider offering virtual parties for those who are unable to host an in-person event. This can expand your reach and allow you to connect with potential hosts who may not have the time or space to host a traditional party. You can also offer to co-host a party with a friend or fellow consultant to attract more guests.

5. How can I make my parties more engaging and increase the likelihood of future bookings?

Make sure to have interactive and hands-on activities during your parties, such as cooking demonstrations or games. This will keep guests engaged and interested in the products. Also, be sure to follow up with guests after the party to thank them for attending and remind them of the benefits of hosting their own party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rhonda-Roo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • maestraMichelle