• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Stubborn Black Marks from Grill Pan - Tried and Tested Methods

In summary, black marks on a grill pan are caused by high heat and food residue that has been left on the surface. To prevent them, make sure to clean the pan thoroughly after each use, avoid using metal utensils, and cook at lower temperatures. The pan can still be used with black marks, but it is recommended to clean it before each use. To remove the marks, create a baking soda and water paste and scrub with a non-abrasive sponge. The marks are not harmful, but it is important to keep the pan clean for longevity.
naekelsey
Gold Member
Can some please tell me how to get the black marks off the bottom of the grill pan?

I have tried soaking it in vinegar and water..Didn't work...

I have tried a baking soda and water paste and let it sit on it for a while..Didn't work..

I have tried a Bar Keepers Friend and water paste and let it sit on it for a while....Didn't work..

Bf wants to try oven cleaner but I won't let him!!!!

i have the exact same problem w/mine....hope we get an answer :)

Someone told me once that the black marks are from cooking over too high of heat. I have had some luck with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I wish I was the person who invented the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I wil be interested to see what other suggestions are posted :(

As soon as you said the magic eraser I went and grabbed it. It does seem to be working. Just need to really put some elbow grease into it. I hope tons to do today so can't try and get it all off. Maybe I can work on it tomorrow, or after I get home from my party tonight. Has anyone else tried this and good luck with it?Guess I will need to watch my flame. I didn't think I was turning it up to high but guess the pan has a different story!! Lol!!

otisbg, I wish I would have invented it also!!

What causes black marks on my grill pan?

Black marks on your grill pan are typically caused by high heat and food residue that has been left on the surface. The residue can burn and leave behind dark marks on the pan.

How can I prevent black marks on my grill pan?

To prevent black marks on your grill pan, make sure to clean it thoroughly after each use. Avoid using metal utensils on the pan, as they can scratch the surface and make it more prone to marking. Also, try not to cook at high temperatures for extended periods of time.

Can I still use my grill pan if it has black marks?

Yes, you can still use your grill pan even if it has black marks. The marks may affect the appearance of your food, but they will not affect the performance of the pan. However, it is recommended to clean the pan thoroughly before each use to prevent the marks from getting worse.

How do I remove black marks from my grill pan?

To remove black marks from your grill pan, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the marked areas and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge. Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry it before using it again.

Are black marks on my grill pan harmful?

No, black marks on your grill pan are not harmful. They are simply cosmetic and do not affect the safety or functionality of the pan. However, it is important to keep the pan clean to prevent the marks from getting worse and to ensure the longevity of the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MissChef
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • KirstenAnne
  • Products and Tips
Replies