• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Friday Shopping: Is Promoting Our 20% Off Stoneware Allowed?

J
jillbean
So, I'm one of those crazy people that get up at the crack of dawn (yeah right! It's way before that) on black Friday. I see all those bargin hungry, crazed shoppers, of which I am one!!!
This is my question. Should I be passin' out cards and flyers with our 20% off Stoneware info? Is that allowed?
Dumb idea? Good Idea?
Let me know what you think!!!!

jillbean said:
So, I'm one of those crazy people that get up at the crack of dawn (yeah right! It's way before that) on black Friday. I see all those bargin hungry, crazed shoppers, of which I am one!!!
This is my question. Should I be passin' out cards and flyers with our 20% off Stoneware info? Is that allowed?
Dumb idea? Good Idea?

I think that since these people are out at the wee hours of the morning looking for a bargain, they will appreciate any money saving opportunities. I don't think it would hurt, about 95% of them might end up in the trash or on the floor but hey if 5% respond, that could be a nice holiday paycheck for you! Go FOR IT!!

Debbie :D

It isn't against any PC rules or anything right?

jillbean said:
It isn't against any PC rules or anything right?

Of course not. If there are a bunch of SHOPPING junkies anywhere in your area, be sure to advertise.

Debbie :D

It sounds like a good idea. I might try to pass out some flyers myself.

Go for it! I would!

I think I am going to pass out recipe cards to neighbors when I take my kids trick or treating! I am attaching a smartie candy to each one! Anyone else doing this too??

I live way out in the country, and my kids are way too old for trick or treating.

I know that if I weren't a PC consultant I would LOVE to know that they were having a 20% off sale. of course, I would probably be singing something like
Merry Christmas to me...
This can't wait for the tree...
Gonna use it for my family at Christmas...
Merry Christmas to us!!

I know! Don't quit the day job!!!

Just to clarify...
I am gonna pass stuff out on Halloween but I was talking about the day after Thanksgiving.

I understood.

I wasn't sure if everyone was farmiliar with the term "Black Friday".

i am out of the loop and about to go inactive what 20% off sale?

Um, Stoneware is a November special for guests.

All of the original, unglazed Stoneware is 20% off next month. No minimum, purchase no limit!

jillbean said:
Dumb idea? Good Idea?

Where would you be passing out the cards and flyers? Some stores may not let you do it, even in the parking lot, as it's solicitation:(.

Have your catalog tote and keep it stocked with stuff, then when you are standing in line, just talk about PC to your neighbors. The word will spread when you are waiting there for so long. You could even hand a bunch to people who seem interested and say, hey-I've got a bunch of info right here... and then maybe they can pass them down to people who might also want a bargain. I've only stood outside for the Black Friday thing once. I thought it was funny how everyone was so friendly and bonding out there in the cold, early morning weather, only to have everyone turn cold and vicious as soon as the doors open. LOL :)

babywings76 said:
Have your catalog tote and keep it stocked with stuff, then when you are standing in line, just talk about PC to your neighbors. The word will spread when you are waiting there for so long. You could even hand a bunch to people who seem interested and say, hey-I've got a bunch of info right here... and then maybe they can pass them down to people who might also want a bargain. I've only stood outside for the Black Friday thing once. I thought it was funny how everyone was so friendly and bonding out there in the cold, early morning weather, only to have everyone turn cold and vicious as soon as the doors open. LOL :)

This was kind of what I had in mind. Not really standing around passing things out to passers by. I'll be shoppin'!! ;)

I LOVE Black Friday and the early shopping - wish I had more $$ and people to shop for since I always find such great deals and then wonder who I could buy them for. :)

Question - the 20% off is only for show guests right? Not individual orders?

It is for show guests but I am turning in a catalog show at the end of November and was planning on using this as part of that show.

CABean03 said:
I LOVE Black Friday and the early shopping - wish I had more $$ and people to shop for since I always find such great deals and then wonder who I could buy them for. :)

Question - the 20% off is only for show guests right? Not individual orders?
It's outlined in the fine print at the bottom of the flyer (HO always puts the specifics on there). Generally, percentage-off type sales are available to everyone, not just show guests.

:blushing:Oh, for some reason I was thinking that it was not available to individual orders. Guess I just had a blonde moment.
I'll blame it on the fact that it was almost 2:30 am:blushing:

pampered2007 said:
Go for it! I would!

I think I am going to pass out recipe cards to neighbors when I take my kids trick or treating! I am attaching a smartie candy to each one! Anyone else doing this too??

I did this last year and got zero response. Some people sounded excited to get the info but since I didn't get their info I had no follow up. I might try it one more time this year and add the stoneware sale but I won't expect anything from it...

jillbean said:
:blushing:Oh, for some reason I was thinking that it was not available to individual orders. Guess I just had a blonde moment.
I'll blame it on the fact that it was almost 2:30 am:blushing:

No, that's okay. It can be confusing. Typically, percentage off specials are available for everyone, including individual orders...but free with purchase specials are only available to guests of shows.

I'll be wearing PC gear and talking to people about my business on Black Friday. I'll have some cards to hand out, but I'll concentrate on getting contact info from those who express interest. That way when the shopping coma hits they won't forget. ;)And, yes, I'm usually out of my house between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m. on Black Friday. I love shopping that day. The stores are filled with people who love to shop. Rare is the person who is all grumbly and grumpy. Now, that last Saturday before Christmas, that's a scary day to shop.

I used my left over "booth coupons" with recipes on them. Change one of the coupons to say something about the 20% off on stoneware. And of course, your info is all over it. I ask people when I pass them out. "would you like a recipe from the Pampered Chef?" and they always take it.

Also FYI the 20% off only shows up when you use the special codes for the item numbers, not just the regular item numbers.

Happy Shopping!
Connie

Every year I think I'm going to do this but have yet to. One year as I was freezing my butt off waiting outside a store for it to open for one of these Black Friday sales I thought, someone should be selling hot chocolate here! THey'd make a killing. THen I thought, next year, I'm bringing my carafe filled with hot chocolate and handing it out to people. The carafe would start conversations about PC, and I'm technically not soliciting, just being nice. If someone happens to ask me about the clothes/jacket I'm wearing, I can't help that, right? I have the cute stocking cap I could wear too. Of course, this would require borrowing a few carafes from people in order to have enough, but still. It's an idea! Instead of pampering the business, pamper the people outside! Some year, I'll get around to it!

janezapchef said:
Every year I think I'm going to do this but have yet to. One year as I was freezing my butt off waiting outside a store for it to open for one of these Black Friday sales I thought, someone should be selling hot chocolate here! THey'd make a killing. THen I thought, next year, I'm bringing my carafe filled with hot chocolate and handing it out to people. The carafe would start conversations about PC, and I'm technically not soliciting, just being nice. If someone happens to ask me about the clothes/jacket I'm wearing, I can't help that, right? I have the cute stocking cap I could wear too. Of course, this would require borrowing a few carafes from people in order to have enough, but still. It's an idea! Instead of pampering the business, pamper the people outside! Some year, I'll get around to it!

WOW!!!!!! What an amazing idea that is!

1. Is it allowed to promote our 20% off Stoneware during Black Friday shopping?

Yes, it is generally allowed to promote sales and discounts during Black Friday shopping. However, it is important to check with the specific store or shopping center where you plan to distribute flyers and cards to ensure that there are no restrictions or guidelines in place.

2. Can I pass out cards and flyers with our 20% off Stoneware information during Black Friday?

Yes, you can distribute cards and flyers with your promotion information during Black Friday. Just make sure to follow any rules and regulations set by the store or shopping center and to be considerate of other shoppers.

3. Is this a dumb idea to promote our 20% off Stoneware during Black Friday?

It depends on your target audience and the effectiveness of your marketing strategy. If you think there will be a high demand for Stoneware products during Black Friday and your promotion is appealing, then it may be a good idea to promote it. However, if you don't think your target audience will be interested or your promotion is not well thought out, it may not be the best idea.

4. Should I distribute flyers and cards during the early hours of Black Friday?

This depends on your target audience and when they are likely to be shopping. If you are targeting early bird shoppers who are out at the crack of dawn, then distributing flyers and cards during the early hours may be a good idea. However, if your target audience is more likely to shop later in the day, then it may be better to distribute your promotional materials later on.

5. Can I include information about our 20% off Stoneware in my advertisements for Black Friday?

Yes, you can include information about your promotion in your Black Friday advertisements. Just make sure to follow any advertising guidelines and regulations set by the store or shopping center. It may also be helpful to clearly state any terms and conditions for the promotion to avoid confusion for potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • annew
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U