• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Forest Trifle: Cran-Cherry Juice Ques

In summary, to make a Black Forest Trifle, you will need chocolate cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water, cranberry juice, cherry pie filling, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings. While cranberry juice is the traditional choice for this recipe, you can experiment with other types of juice like cherry or pomegranate. The trifle is best served the same day, but you can make the components ahead of time and assemble before serving. Store-bought whipped cream can be used, but making your own adds a homemade touch. It can also be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free cake mix or substituting cake with gluten-free cookies or brownies.
kam
Staff member
I am making this trifle at a show for the first time tonight.

When the recipe calls for 1/2 cup Cran-Cherry juice - do they mean the kind that comes in the big jugs in the juice aisle (like Ocean Spray)?

Or are there small cans of Cranberry-Cherry juice?

Another thread mentioned Libby brand and to if using Cranberry use only sweetened Cranberry juice. But I am not sure I have seen unsweetened.

Any clarification would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Most cranberry juice is a cocktail of juices with some sugar added. I've used cranberry juice without any problem. Unsweetened cranberry juice is actually pretty hard to find. As for your first question, I've never seen smaller containers of cran-cherry juice.

I used cherry juice (Juicy Juice) in mine. Figured it was the best choice for the kids to drink the rest.

Do you think Diet Cran would work?

I have some Diet Cran at home and was going to bring it just in case the host picked up unsweetened by mistake.

thanks!

I can't imagine why not.

Related to Black Forest Trifle: Cran-Cherry Juice Ques

1. What ingredients are needed to make a Black Forest Trifle?

To make a Black Forest Trifle, you will need chocolate cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water, cranberry juice, cherry pie filling, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.

2. Can I use a different type of juice besides cranberry juice?

While cranberry juice is the traditional choice for this recipe, you can certainly experiment with other types of juice such as cherry juice or pomegranate juice for a different flavor profile.

3. How far in advance can I make the Black Forest Trifle?

The Black Forest Trifle is best when made and served the same day. However, you can make the individual components (cake, cherry filling, whipped cream) ahead of time and assemble the trifle just before serving.

4. Can I use store-bought whipped cream instead of making my own?

Yes, you can use store-bought whipped cream in this recipe. However, making your own whipped cream is simple and adds a homemade touch to the trifle.

5. Is there a way to make this trifle gluten-free?

Yes, you can use a gluten-free chocolate cake mix to make this trifle. Additionally, you can use gluten-free chocolate cookies or brownies instead of cake for the layers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
Replies
Views
Grandmarita