• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Forest Torte Recipe Needed

In summary, the Black Forest Torte is a devil's food cake that is layered with whipped cream and cherry pie filling. The recipe calls for the use of a deep dish baker, but the host said she could make it in the new torte pan. The cookbook says to just chill the cake, but I made it in the trifle bowl.
Hi! I have a host who wants to make the Black Forest Torte....it's a recipe from the 2000 Fall/Winter Season's Best. I don't have this cookbook and attempted to look on Consultant's Corner under the recipe search but was unsuccessful. I also tried to search on this site, but wasn't getting anywhere either. Can anyone help me? The host shared with me that the recipe calls for the Deep Dish Baker, but I'm wondering if I could make it in the new torte pan? And this host has been a little prickly to work with, so she's not the type to take the time to type or send me the recipe....anyone out there who can help me? Many thanks!

Black Forest Torte

1 package (18.25oz) devils food cake mix (plus cake mix ingredients)

1 cup sour cream

1 container (8oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed

3/4 tsp almond extract, divided

1 package (3.4oz) white chocolate instant pudding mix & pie filling

1 can (24oz) cherry pie filling

1/4 cup almonds, chopped

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a deep dish baker with vegetable oil. Prepare cake mix as directed; pour batter into baker. Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely.

Cut cool cake in half horizontally. Combine sour cream, whipped topping & 1/2 tsp of the almond extract in a bowl. Add pudding mix & whisk vigorously until mixture is blended & very thick. Fill a decorator with cream filling; set aside. Spread remaining filling over bottom cake layer using spreader.

In a bowl, combine pie filling with remaining 1/4 tsp of almond extract. Carefully spread half of the pie filling over cream layer.

Top with remaining cake later. Using decorator, pipe cream filling around top of cake, 1" from edge. Fill center with remaining pie filling. Chop almonds using; sprinkle over pie filling. Serve

Yield: 16 servings

Warning: This recipe is highly addictive.

I haven't tried it but I bet this would look really neat in the Trifle Bowl. All you would have to do is layer everything, making multiple layers. The color differences would show nice.

Sharon

Here is the Black Forest Trufle

The cookbook says to just the chillzanne bowl but at our last cluster meetingI made it in the trifle bowl.

~

Attachments

• Black Forest Trifle 001.doc
    56.5 KB · Views: 406
Thanks so much for the recipe! This is such an awesome group of people who share! Thanks again!

You can ask any question but use caution :eek: (keep small eyes away) :p when reading the answer, you may never know what someone might say.:D

;)

~

whiteyteresa said:
You can ask any question but use caution :eek: (keep small eyes away) :p when reading the answer, you may never know what someone might say.:D

;)
Hey, I resemble that! I do try to keep it clean, although I cut loose a little in the Chef's Lounge. :)

1. How do I make a Black Forest Torte?

To make a Black Forest Torte, you will need to layer chocolate cake with cherry pie filling and whipped cream. You can also add a layer of chocolate shavings for extra flavor and decoration. For a detailed recipe, visit our website or consult your Pampered Chef cookbook.

2. Can I use a different type of cake for this recipe?

While the traditional Black Forest Torte uses chocolate cake, you can certainly experiment with different types of cake such as vanilla or red velvet. Just be sure to adjust the other ingredients accordingly to maintain the balance of flavors.

3. How long does it take to make a Black Forest Torte?

The total time for making a Black Forest Torte can vary, but on average it takes about 2-3 hours. This includes time for baking the cake, allowing it to cool, and assembling the layers. However, the actual hands-on time is about 30 minutes.

4. What is the best way to store a Black Forest Torte?

For best results, store your Black Forest Torte in the refrigerator. Cover it with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out. It can last for up to 3 days in the fridge, but it's best to enjoy it within 1-2 days for optimal freshness.

5. Can I make a Black Forest Torte ahead of time?

Yes, you can definitely make a Black Forest Torte ahead of time. Simply follow the storage instructions mentioned above and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This is a great dessert to make ahead for parties or gatherings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kmschroll2001
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • OhmyDLM