• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bittersweet Day... and Kinda Funny :D

P
Pampered Laura
So, you guys know that today is my last day as a Pampered Chef Consultant... I've been feeling a little icky because of that today, but excited at the same time because my new business is going very very well so far.
So anyway....
The doorbell rings this afternoon. I answer it, and its this guy... with flowers.
I thought they were from my hubby since he is out of town, but alas...

LOL

Attachments

• DP2.jpg
    DP2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 503
  • DP.jpg
    DP.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 511
Oh my goodness! That is too funny!! I know they'll miss you as well as the rest of us!! Congrats!!!:D

Aww how pretty! Congratulations, way to go "out with a bang!" Good luck with your new business :)

Oh wow!! So sad that you are leaving PC!! I wish you all the luck with your new biz!!!;)

How very bitter sweet! I am soo sad to see you go and it dawned on me especially when I saw your "retiring" for sale items in the marketplace! :(
But I am glad to hear your new biz is going well already! Good luck Laura and hope you stick around CS after today! :)

yeahthat.gif

You know...what Heather Lynn said!

Awwww. Truly bittersweet.Happy last day today. And happy NEW venture to you. Hope you will continue to share your successes with us.

Right there - that's the definition of "ironic." :DI'm glad you're still going to hang around and be silly with us, Laura.

Wow.... ~hugs~

Awwwww - that is bittersweet!
I'm glad to hear all is going well for you tho!

The flowers are beautiful.........I guess that's a great example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing!:D

Good luck in your new biz - AND:thumbup: I gotta know, how many have your recruited already?!?!?

A Virtual Bouquethttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/kaceyleigh2/3209158416.jpg

Congratulations on your Newest Adventure!

Let's all sing together now...

"Isn't it ironic? Don't you think? A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think...

It's like rain...on your wedding day...."

Okay, I can't remember the rest, but you get the idea. I hope the flowers are being enjoyed, regardless!

amy07 said:
The flowers are beautiful.........I guess that's a great example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing!:D

Not necessarily...she is still a consultant today and deserves the recognition!

Congratulations Laura for a job well done - enjoy your flowers!

janetupnorth said:

oh, please don't think I meant that she didn't deserve the flowers, she does AND so much more.

Okay, is there anyone else here who thinks that one of your p-chef (or new business) friends is having a laugh at your expense? That would be my first (and probably last) thought.

I'd think it would have a more "offical" card if it came from home office.

BTW -- good luck in your new business. I'm sorry about how this turned out!

chefjeanine said:
Okay, is there anyone else here who thinks that one of your p-chef (or new business) friends is having a laugh at your expense? That would be my first (and probably last) thought.

I'd think it would have a more "offical" card if it came from home office.

BTW -- good luck in your new business. I'm sorry about how this turned out!
When HO sends flowers they are usually personal not official at all! I think they are from HO escpecially with 5 recruits I would love to hear what yuou did to get all the recruits you have in the time you were with PC

chefann said:
Right there - that's the definition of "ironic." :D

I'm glad you're still going to hang around and be silly with us, Laura.
Those were going to be my exact words. Hope to see you around here still! It IS sad to see you go.:cry:

I agree I don't think PC would "shirk" sending them to her regardless of her soon to be new business adventure. she earned them, I also don't think it was an "oops someone didn't know the situation & they were sent by accident.

PC is a class act guys!

janetupnorth said:

I totally agree!!

Teresa Lynn said:
I agree I don't think PC would "shirk" sending them to her regardless of her soon to be new business adventure. she earned them, I also don't think it was an "oops someone didn't know the situation & they were sent by accident.

PC is a class act guys!

EXACTLY!!!

:cry: Sad it's your last day, enjoy the flowers. They are really beautiful!

amy07 said:
oh, please don't think I meant that she didn't deserve the flowers, she does AND so much more.

No, I didn't think that you didn't think she deserved them, I just think HO wasn't being disorganized and not knowing it was her last day. She deserved the recognition for the recruits, it was their time to send them so they did! I wouldn't think they'd take that away from her when she deserved them.

We all wish we could recruit like Laura! :thumbup: :D

The flowers are beautiful. I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of them. And glad to hear your new venture is off to a great start!

Laura .... whats your new business? congrats on the Recruits, the flowers are gorgeous!

Awe, thanks yall. :D
Honestly I'm really glad they sent them. It was a nice "goodbye" type of gift. At first I thought they were from my hubby, since he's out of town. Then I thought maybe it was from my former PC consultants being silly. Then I thought it was from you guys, being silly :eek:, and then I got a phone call from Tom saying that he saw me in the CN and thought the DP would be at my door today... and not even 10 mins after that I get the flowers. LOL So I thought it could have been him.
Unless someone really doesnt want credit for it, it's for real- maybe I should call the home office to check? LOL

I had a feeling the Dream Patrol would be headed my way for June recruiting (with only 5 though? Where's Jilian Eisenberg?? LOL) but knew they wouldn't make an effort to come visit me. ;)

All that to say, that YES - I believe that Pampered Chef did good today. If it's someone's idea of a joke, oh well. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
amy07 said:
I gotta know, how many have your recruited already?!?!?

Umm... 4 so far, looks like 5-6 more will be coming on board this month. Our team is also recruiting and doing very well. I just hit 20 days with the company I think...It's a really exciting time for the company - and I think that genuine excitement is 99.9% of helping you reaching your goals! We're just really having a great time. :D

Laura that is so awesome! You rock! With recruiting and life in general! I'm glad PC sent you out with a bang! You deserved that and so much more!

That's awesone Laura! Good luck!

I personally think that it is very fitting that on your last day with PC, THEY spent money on YOU!

Related to Bittersweet Day... and Kinda Funny :D

1. What is "Bittersweet Day" and "Kinda Funny" about?

"Bittersweet Day" refers to the mixture of emotions the speaker is feeling due to the end of their job as a Pampered Chef Consultant. "Kinda Funny" refers to the unexpected visit from a stranger with flowers on this day.

2. Why is the speaker feeling "icky" about their last day as a Pampered Chef Consultant?

The speaker may feel "icky" because they have developed relationships with their clients and coworkers and may be sad to leave that behind. They may also have some apprehension about starting a new business.

3. What is the speaker excited about on this day?

The speaker is excited about the success of their new business so far. This may bring a sense of accomplishment and hope for the future.

4. Who did the speaker think the flowers were from at first?

The speaker thought the flowers were from their husband, who is out of town. This could be because he has sent flowers in the past or because he is known to do thoughtful gestures.

5. Who are the flowers actually from?

The flowers are from a stranger who unexpectedly showed up at the speaker's door. This may be seen as "kinda funny" because it is a random and unexpected gesture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sarahlegare
  • candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies