• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Prize Recommendations for Beginners?

In summary, Sharon recommends giving away citrus peelers, scrapers, pan scrapers, twixits, and a small cookbook for hosts. She also offers a season's best prize to every host.
sharon66
Reccomendations onany prizes that u would reccomend 4 a newb??????

Sharon

I generally go cheap. I also like to use PC products. When they see the care taken with the quality of the little items, it says a lot for the quality of the entire line of products. That said, I usually give away the following:Citrus Peelers
Scrapers (the little brown squares)
Bamboo tongs
Mini WhippersI put each item in a cellophane bag and tie the bag with a pretty ribbon. I put them all in a container (currently I use the Large Square Woven Selections. I also include a postcard with the works "Free Shipping." I only have one of those available at each show.

I keep it cheap, too.

QK Knives, Citrus Peelers, Pan Scrapers, and TwixIts. I have them in a nice basket and let my winners pick what they want.

I give a Season's Best to every host.

sharon66 said:
Reccomendations onany prizes that u would reccomend 4 a newb??????

Sharon

Prizes for what?

I do Twixit's and pan scrapers as well. I may do the occasional season best. At my Grand Opening I did give away a pink nylon knife, but that was a special occasion! :)

SB cookbook for host thank you for guests to sign. Citrus Peelers and paring knives for door prizes and bring an order or friend gifts. Scrapers and twixits for finding the page or helping out.

Semi-hijack...

What about host gifts?

host giftMy gift to the host is that I mail their invitations for them......

I do the same except I put my large cookware bag to use and put he prizes in it!!! :0)

I had a host recently complain about the fact that her previous PC consultant only gave citrus peelers and/or SB for host gifts. However the PC consultant before that used to give spices or cookbooks! I almost fell over! I can't imagine spending $15 on each host. Yikes!:eek:
Thankfully her show was a semi-fundraiser (she booked from an actual fundraiser and for booking that day and keeping her date, I agreed to dontae part of my of my commission to the organization), so I told her my host gift would be part of that donation. She seemed pleased with that, but I worry about the other people that booked off of her show... they were part of the customer base of the "cookbook giving" consultant!
Anyone go this expensive???? Any thoughts on how to politely tell them that I DON'T give $15 host gifts?

When i first started I gave the Celebrate cookbook as a hostess gift so it seemed like more than I spent. After that I gave repeats from my kit, egg slicer, mini-serving spatula, ect. I had a girl that booked a show and kept telling me what her other consultant gave her and what would she get for having the show--she was not happy with the Season's Best and made sure I knew it. I've had alot of people at fairs tell me they are switching consultants b/c the one they had did not give away any referral rewards or "decent" hostess gifts.

I recently set the standard at the mini-serving spatula b/c everyone is always thrilled with it and it's cheap. However I do escalate the gift if I get her guest list by the date I set or if she's sent out alot of e-vites. The purpose is two fold--she's happier and there's alot of guest who will be there to notice the gifts. I have had alot of success with combining little things. Here is your prize for getting your guest list to me on the due date (Bamboo Tongs). Thank you for having me in your home I would love to be a lasting influence in your kitchen and so I am passing around this cookbook for everyone to sign so you'll never forget your fun party with me. If she booked off a book to look I try and have that gift there (pre-ordered on another show with a discount). I got this from Karen Phelps "And here is your extra special gift for selecting a date from my open date card." This is the gift that is wrapped special and looks the best so when I pass my open date card around people remember that gift--my bookings have uped to 3-4 per show. However I've changed alot of my show so I am not sure the main influence but something's working.

Last edited:
I give the SB to the host. I also pay for the groceries if it's a $1000 show.

I also give a $20 product with five or more outside orders BEFORE the show. (I add it to their host discount order....I used to offer a $12 product, but with little result....the $20 offer is making a difference...and once the host sees what a difference a few orders make, she starts seriously shooting for a $1000 show.)

I tend to steer away from hosts who are in the "what are you going to give me?" mode. I'd rather give up a show than work with someone who treats me like I owe them something....other than good host coaching and a good show!:)

For hosts, I give a SBRC, which I have the guests sign. I also usually give either an I-Slice or a Mini Serving Spatula. Both are always welcome, even if the host already has one.

I give the SB to the host. For my basket I have SB, Twixit, Quikut paring knives, and bamboo tongs. Whoever wins the door prize I let them pick what they want.

I give the host a seasons best cookbook, I also give a small free gift if they get their guest list back to me within two weeks of their show. I pay for the food for the recipe, and I buy the twitix clips, mini spatula, bamboo tongs, little things like that, I have them wrapped up in cellophane bag with a ribbon around the top. I also have three little boxes that have my dates that I am looking for show on them, inside of the boxes is a photo of a inexpensive item in the catalog, that if they book a show for that date, and hold it, that what ever is inside the little box they get for free. I also give a little door prize out to the person who has the largest order... that always gets everyones attition because they want the free gift, its funny to watch them at shows saying " oh you better not order more than me" Now it sounds like I give alot of stuff away... in theory I do, but in reality I actually do not. I want people to book shows with me because they had fun.

I like the idea of a gift for the person with the biggest order. I think I'll have to steal, er, borrow, that idea.

Yeah, I think I will creatively reuse Leah's idea under my own name. ;)

Some door prize ideas....I use the standard door prizes available on the supply order list but I also look for small items in the regular catalog that can be utilized as door prizes too. For example, I buy packs of corn cob nobs and break them into sets of 2. I put them in a snack (smallest) size zip-lock. I also buy the recipe card collections and put 3 each in a regular, clear ziplock. Toward the end of a season I will also buy the available Seaosn's Best and then hold it for door prizes later when it is no longer the featured SB.

For host prizes I always give a Season's Best. I also give a bamboo tong if the host holds the show on the scheduled date....this way I encourage consistency with anyone considering hosting a show.

b

When I do a Death by Chocolate Theme show, I give the host a prep bowl full of hersheys kisses. They LOVE it! I did that in May also but with pink kisses that were left over from Easter. I gave the mini whipper for May also (HWC). Usually I just give the host a SB. Guests get the regular prizes for the doorprize drawing or games (twixit, paring knife citrus peeler etc) I'll let the people who book a show (and set a date that night) have a mni serving spatula or small bamboo spoons.

Someone on here gave me the idea of giving away one "free shipping" per show. It was a HIT at my last show. :D

I do free shipping as my "on time drawing" prize. BIG, BIG HIT!

1. What are the best prizes offered by Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of prizes for our consultants, including cash bonuses, free products, and all-expense paid trips. Our top prizes include a trip to Cancun, Mexico, a luxury cruise, and a trip to Hawaii.

2. How can I earn the best prizes as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To earn the best prizes, you will need to consistently meet and exceed your sales goals and recruit new team members. We also offer special promotions and challenges throughout the year for additional opportunities to win prizes.

3. Are there different levels of prizes for consultants at different levels?

Yes, we offer different levels of prizes for consultants at different levels. Our top prizes are typically reserved for our top-performing consultants, but we also offer smaller prizes for those at lower levels as a way to recognize and reward their hard work.

4. Can I choose which prize I want to receive?

Most of our prizes are pre-determined and cannot be exchanged. However, we do offer some flexibility for our top prizes, such as the option to choose between different vacation destinations for our all-expense paid trips.

5. How will I receive my prize if I win?

If you win a prize, we will contact you directly with instructions on how to claim your prize. For physical items, such as products or gift cards, we will ship them directly to you. For experiences, such as trips, we will provide all necessary details and arrangements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Angelady