• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vendor Event -Door Prize Suggestion?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the best type of door prize to donate for an upcoming "Mom's Night Out" event at an elementary school. Suggestions included a microfiber towel, scraper, serving spoon, medium scoop, and a RUFTH trivet, with a budget of $20-25. The idea of creating a gift basket with various items was also mentioned. Some participants preferred offering a gift certificate redeemable only through the consultant, while others suggested adding a small product to the gift certificate. It was also discussed whether to refer to the gift as a gift certificate or a coupon to avoid any issues with the company. The importance of using the door prize as a way to gather interested leads for future shows was also emphasized.
SusanBP0129
I am doing a "Mom's Night Out" at an Elementary School on Friday night.
They are asking that a door Prize be donated, and I am trying to think what would be good....
Microfiber Towel?
Scraper?
Serving Spoon?
Medium Scoop?
RUFTH Trivet?

I try to make my door prizes about $20-25 retail. Often I'll put together a selection of things I have on hand or I'll just give a gift certificate (redeemable only through me).

So maybe I'll make up a little basketof a few things......scraper, towel & i-slice, maybe?

That's what I usually do. It's a great way to use up some of the products I tend to accumulate. As long as it's new and in the package, it's a possibility.

That's a good idea but what I usually do is offer a gift certificate ($10-15 depending on the size of the fair) and I offer the winner the opportunity to make it worth $25 if she uses it at "her show". A gift certificate is something everyone can use. If I pick out the item(s) some people wouldn't want it and then they wouldn't fill out the drawing slip - JMHO.

I make the gift certificate myself and they can only cash it in with me.

I like that idea, Beth! I think I will do that for my Drawing.
The door prize is for the whole event. I think they will be handing out tickets at the door and then will pick several winners. ( i think they are having 25 vendors)

BethCooks4U said:
That's a good idea but what I usually do is offer a gift certificate ($10-15 depending on the size of the fair) and I offer the winner the opportunity to make it worth $25 if she uses it at "her show". A gift certificate is something everyone can use. If I pick out the item(s) some people wouldn't want it and then they wouldn't fill out the drawing slip - JMHO.

I make the gift certificate myself and they can only cash it in with me.

I do this as well...exactly! Anytime I donate a gift certificate, I mention a larger amount when you have your own show. If you feel like you need to give product, pick a couple of things (SB & Mini-serving Spatula) to put with the GC. Or if there is something that you'd like to get rid of (b/c we DO collect a lot over time). Definitely a GC though. That brings someone back to you. If they don't contact you, you didn't spend money.

I'm with Beth...I always do a Gift Certificate so that then can pick their own products. I usually do $25 and most of the time the person usually spends at least $50..so it works out well. If they don't contact you, you don't lose anything. Good luck!!

PS: I gave out $10 certificates, redeemable only through me, in 2 different baskets at a silent auction...and I haven't heard from either of them to claim it! But it still
boosts up the retail value :)Also, I was thinking of changing from Gift Certificate to "Coupon" ....that way, if they were to bring my GC to another consultant, we hopefully couldn't get in trouble from HO for giving our own out instead of the company's?

jenniferknapp said:
Also, I was thinking of changing from Gift Certificate to "Coupon" ....that way, if they were to bring my GC to another consultant, we hopefully couldn't get in trouble from HO for giving our own out instead of the company's?
It is perfectly legal to make up your own gift certificates as long as you say "redeemable only with ___________" and you do not claim it is an official Pampered Chef(R) gift certificate. No need to worry about getting in trouble for THIS...

Oooh, I like that idea, Beth! You're one smart cookie!

Do you want bookings?If so, I wouldn't give out anything free but a "free" cooking show - you bring the ingredients. I have never given away free products at a vendor event - except for maybe a quickut knife or citrus peeler.

I would much rather have people giving me their names for the cooking show than just to get something for "free". Sure you'll get those who won't fill it out, but you'll get a lot more qualified leads for shows.

Just my 2 cents.

ltkacz said:
If so, I wouldn't give out anything free but a "free" cooking show - you bring the ingredients. I have never given away free products at a vendor event - except for maybe a quickut knife or citrus peeler.

I would much rather have people giving me their names for the cooking show than just to get something for "free". Sure you'll get those who won't fill it out, but you'll get a lot more qualified leads for shows.

Just my 2 cents.
I also offer free cooking shows to "runners-up". Some people who say no really mean not this week. I have had a lot of people say yes to a show next month so I prefer to get a larger list to offer this to.

not a choice...
ltkacz said:
If so, I wouldn't give out anything free but a "free" cooking show - you bring the ingredients. I have never given away free products at a vendor event - except for maybe a quickut knife or citrus peeler.

Just my 2 cents.

Part of the "fee" for the vendor event, is all vendors must contribute a door prize.

I need to get away from these free cooking shows that I have been giving away for months now! That way, I can offer it as a special booking benefit!Good luck Sue! Take a look at page 3 of this thread if you want to be a little crafty!
You can see pics of cute little baskets that I made up....and had a retail value of about $35..with a $10 gc included in the figure!

Wow! Jennifer - I went to that other thread & your prizes look GREAT!!!
I think I may have to do that.....

What are some good door prize suggestions for a vendor event?

Some popular door prize ideas for a vendor event include kitchen gadgets or tools, gift baskets filled with Pampered Chef products, cooking classes or demonstrations, and discounts or gift certificates for future purchases.

How many door prizes should I have at a vendor event?

It is recommended to have at least 3-5 door prizes to give away at a vendor event. This will ensure that there are enough prizes to go around and keep attendees engaged.

Do I have to provide door prizes as a Pampered Chef consultant at a vendor event?

While it is not required, offering door prizes can be a great way to attract attention to your booth and potentially increase sales. It also shows your appreciation for attendees who take the time to visit your booth.

Can I customize the door prizes to fit my Pampered Chef brand?

Yes, you can definitely customize your door prizes to align with your Pampered Chef brand. Consider including your business card or a product catalog with the prize to further promote your brand.

How should I announce and distribute the door prizes at a vendor event?

The best way to announce and distribute door prizes at a vendor event is to have a designated time or announcement for the giveaway. This could be a raffle drawing, a game, or simply calling out numbers from a list of attendees. Make sure to have a system in place for collecting and keeping track of prize winners.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
andiphant
  • whiteyteresa
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies