• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Tips for a Successful First Show Without Prizes or Supplies?

In summary, the player has the starter kit but does not have a table, tablecloth, or anything else to play the games with. They are worried about the game being boring since they don't have any prizes. The host provides some advice on how to still do a game and do a non-pc prize, and also tells them about the games on this site.
meginsf21
OK so all i have is the starter kit. I know there are games like have it, love it witch i would love to do but i don't have anything to give as a prize. I also don't have the money to order anything untill after the 15th. witch the party would be with in a few days after the 15th so unless i can get the stuff over nighted i wouldn't have it in time for my show. I don't have a table, table cloth or anything. is there something that i NEED to get before i do my first show? if so what? i'm nervois about it being boring sence i can't do any games sence i don't have prizes. or whats an idea for a prize if i do play a game. thanks in advance.Meighen

You can still do a game and do a non-pc prize, if there is a dollar tree in your area (great one in mine!!) go there and see what that have, you can do a small dish and make some candy or something (oreo truffles for someone to take home) something simple like that would be fine. Everyone like to win something, no matter how small it might be. With having little cheap prizes, you could do several games (queen of shoppers, etc) and have several winners. That always makes for a fun show.

If you have the starter kit, there should be the PC tablecloth in there, if not you should call home office quickly (unless that has changed, and I didn't know it) Ask the host if there is a table or counter that you can set up on. You should have everything you need in the starter kit.

There are no rules for this, just have fun.. I know you will be nervous, we all are at some point in time (I know I am). I am sure there will be alot of great advice given to you, this is a great board. You came to the right spot. Good luck!

thank you, I don't have a doller tree near by but there the 99 cent store. so should i make something to go in the dish? or can i buy something to go in it? how many should i make. and what other games are there? i know there are more i just know the have it, love it game. I'm not all that creative so i'm going to need a little help on this one. and no i didn't get a table cloth its not on my check list so i guess they don't add that anymore? Also how many meals do i make? i know i only show one but do i make 2 or 3?

You should call home office and tell them you didn't get a tablecloth, it is the tan one. It may not be on the packing list, I am not sure. They should ship one right out to you though.

You don't have to buy a dish, if you don't want to, you can use anything as a prize, i was just throwing out ideas, but if you wanted to make the oreo truffles (extremly easy and found recipe on here) and put into a cheap dish, or something like that, that would be fine. Search for games on here, you will find LOTS.. there is the queen of shoppers, which is really fun..
you are doing a demo, not feeding everyone, you just want to give everyone a taste/sample. What does the host want, does she want a meal type and a quick desert? or do you want to have it all prepared and then talk about the products and let everyone play around with the products? If doing a demo, the choc. chip sensation is great, easy, and sooooo good, or if you are doing a meal, the chicken club ring is really good too. There are so many options.. Have fun, that is the main thing.Just look around on this site, search for ideas, games, neat tricks, there are tons of ideas on this site.

I don't think the tablecloth is included. I didn't get one and it isn't pictured with the SS kit on the catalog.

I think the tablecloth is now in the booster. And it's white now.

I started in November...no tablecloth in either the kit or the booster.

I'm doing a new game with my hosts that I actually got from a Party Lite rep. Have a chart with about 50 numbered squares on it. Have the hostess sell each square for $2 before and during the show. Guests will put their name and number in the square they purchase. Then at the show, have a drawing and the winner wins the collected $ from the squares as a shopping spree. If all 50 squares are sold, that's $100 shopping spree for the winner. It also boosts the total sales for the show and can earn the host more benefits!

If you want to use PC items as prizes, but don't have any yet, check with your director and cluster and see if anyone has anything they can spare for a few weeks (like a few Season's Best) until you can put an order in to replace them. There are several things on the paperwork/supply order form that you can use as give aways that are fairly inexpensive.

Hope this helps! Good luck with everything!

^^ What a great idea! I'm almost on my 400th show and I think that I will be starting something knew! I love it when I have new things to do!
Thanks for the tip!:D

The tablecloth is on paperwork/supply.

Honestly, you don't have to do games. I rarely play them. When I do, it's have it/love it & I throw hershey kisses at them. You could even tell the winner to add bamboo tongs or a Season's Best to their order form & you'll pay for it. Then you don't have to have it at the show, yet they still win something. Just have fun yourself & your guests will too! Good luck!

Yeah no table cloth with the starter set....kinda icky for people are just starting out trying to make an impression. I bought mine...I couldn't handle it.

I am honestly a freak..I have to have a logo on everything....LOL
What a dork I am...LOL

pamperedgirl3 said:
You could even tell the winner to add bamboo tongs or a Season's Best to their order form & you'll pay for it. Then you don't have to have it at the show, yet they still win something.

And that encourages the winner to place an order, even if they weren't originally planning on doing so.

hey ladies thanks for the tip. I was thinking of using my laptop. so i can put the order right in to Pampered partner. is that were i would print the reciepts from? also i havn't seen anything on ordering the products yet. how does that work? and jill i think i'm prob going be the same way. i just found were the business cards and car magnet is the only thing about the magnet is how big is it? cause theres not a whole lot of room on the back of my car for a magnet.Also Do you guys think i should get an new e-mail just for my business? i'm going to get a website as soon as i get my first check.

Last edited:
I take orders and put them directly into PP. I print the reciepts and give them to the host with the products (I have them delivered to myself). People go home from the show with the carbon copy of their order form, so they have the legal info, and my info in case there is a problem. Once you have everything in PP and settled you send it electronically to home office. Your recruiter should be able to help you with that...

I don't know anything about the magnet, but I wanted to put my 2 cents in about the e-mail address. I had one when I first started and no one ever wrote me. I hardly checked it because there were never any messages, and eventually I phased it out. People will write you at whatever address your newsletter (if you send one) was sent from. No reason to get a second in my opinion...

well my upline is on vacation and i don't really know when she will be back. i'm hopeing it will be soon. but untill then i'm depending on you guys.

I love this website (as everyone knows, LOL!) and this is another gem I found on here. It will at least get you to the point where you can ask us specific questions!

Attachments

• Pampered partner tutorial.doc
    144 KB · Views: 314
my kithello, I just got my kit yesterday the 4th. In the paperwork section there were 6 extra seasons best recipe books for prizes. Also no tablecloth as it is not part of the kit accourding to the check off list. Anybody wear chefs hats or some sort of hat while during a show?

poohritz said:
hello, I just got my kit yesterday the 4th. In the paperwork section there were 6 extra seasons best recipe books for prizes. Also no tablecloth as it is not part of the kit accourding to the check off list. Anybody wear chefs hats or some sort of hat while during a show?

I do not wear a hat or anything! I did purchase the white tablecloth on my first supply order, and do use it! Before my first show, my mom's friend told me how this lady did a show for her a few years ago and dragged the stoneware over her counters and left permanent scratches (and didn't apologize or anything)...so that was my clue right there to get one!

Hi girls. I have a question. Do you always wear the Apron? It's so uncomfortable on me becuase it's so big. I have my chef jacket from culinary school but I wanted to wear something with the logo on it. Anybody having this issue? I feel like I'm figiting with it all during the show! Argh!!

JoyfulChef said:
Hi girls. I have a question. Do you always wear the Apron? It's so uncomfortable on me becuase it's so big. I have my chef jacket from culinary school but I wanted to wear something with the logo on it. Anybody having this issue? I feel like I'm figiting with it all during the show! Argh!!

I don't wear the apron as it edoes not fit right. I'm thinking about having someone fix it to be a better fit. I do have a PC shirt that I wear that I got on sale at VIP.

I didn't recieve a tablecloth in my new kit either, I wonder to if it had been stopped. Also do you have any suggestions on how to make the nervousness go away before I do my 1st show? Thanks

Tablecloth issue........I know when I sold PC back @ 2-3 years ago.....I ended up doing away with my table cloth (I do still have it though) and after the holidays would buy a tablecloth on clearance....then decorate my table around the closest holiday. It made it very festive.

You don't have to have a table or a tablecloth, although any table cloth is nice. You can always set up on a bar or table at your hostesses house if possible.

Good Luck!!

The tablecloth is not part of your Super Starter kit...you have to buy is from the paperwork/supply order...maybe they should include it for new consultants. I bought mine about a month after starting....now all I need is a table to go with my tablecloth! I hate it when my hosts have nowhere for me to work, even when they tell me we're all set when I host coach. I have to get myself a darn table!

meginsf21 said:
OK so all i have is the starter kit. I know there are games like have it, love it witch i would love to do but i don't have anything to give as a prize. I also don't have the money to order anything untill after the 15th. witch the party would be with in a few days after the 15th so unless i can get the stuff over nighted i wouldn't have it in time for my show. I don't have a table, table cloth or anything. is there something that i NEED to get before i do my first show? if so what? i'm nervois about it being boring sence i can't do any games sence i don't have prizes. or whats an idea for a prize if i do play a game. thanks in advance.

Meighen

For a useful non-PC prize, I sometimes use Tide To Go sticks. They are awesome, really work and not that expensive. You can find them in the laundry section at the grocery store.

1. How do I prepare for my first Pampered Chef show?

To prepare for your first show, make sure you have all the necessary supplies and products on hand. Practice using the products and become familiar with the recipes and demos you will be showcasing. Also, make sure to invite plenty of guests to ensure a successful turnout.

2. What are some tips for promoting my first show?

Utilize social media to promote your first show, such as creating a Facebook event and inviting friends and family. You can also hand out flyers or send out invitations to your contacts. Don't forget to mention any special deals or promotions you may be offering.

3. How do I handle potential objections or questions from guests at my first show?

Be prepared to answer common objections or questions by practicing your responses beforehand. If you are unsure of an answer, don't be afraid to say you will find out and get back to them. Also, be confident and enthusiastic about the products to help overcome any objections.

4. What are some tips for creating a successful atmosphere at my first show?

Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere by having refreshments available for guests. You can also play background music and decorate your space with Pampered Chef products to create a fun and inviting atmosphere. Make sure to also engage with your guests and make them feel comfortable.

5. How can I ensure a successful first show?

To ensure a successful first show, make sure to have a positive attitude and be prepared. Be organized and have all the necessary supplies and products ready. Also, follow up with guests after the show to thank them for attending and offer any additional support or information they may need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cjromero
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
ChefAmandaWason