• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Belinda Ellsworth or Julie Weitz

In summary, Serious dilemma here! Both Belinda and Julie will be coming to Southern Califas on April 23. I can't decide where to go. I've heard great things about both ladies. Any suggestions?
micocina
Gold Member
Serious dilema here!

Both Belinda and Julie will be coming to Southern Califas on April 23. I can't decide where to go. I've heard great things about both ladies.

Any suggestions?:confused:

Last edited:
My vote is for Julie...only because I just saw her in Feb. and her ideas have CHANGED MY THINKING....CHANGED MY SHOWS....MADE ME MORE "FUN"!!!

I haven't seen Julie, but a lot of what Belinda does can be listened to on her CDs. I would vote for Julie because I always have Belinda in my car.

However, if you do get a chance to see Belinda at another time, GO!

KellyTheChef said:
My vote is for Julie...only because I just saw her in Feb. and her ideas have CHANGED MY THINKING....CHANGED MY SHOWS....MADE ME MORE "FUN"!!!

Kelly -- did you go to a seminar - buy a tape or what? I've been to Julie's website and looked around a few times. I'd love to hear more about her!

Julie was who spoke at our Regional Meeting in February. It was an all day session with her...plus she sold her CD's there. My director bought her CD's (Ulitimate Party Experience and Host Coaching) and we are actually doing a weekly conference call for her to "reteach" those of us who attended but did not get the CD's to continue listening to, and to teach those who were not able to attend the conference at all.

Julie's philosophy is that our shows should be 70% fun and 30% product. (Not sure about all of you...but mine were closer to 30% fun and 70% product!) If your guests are laid back and having fun, your sales will be higher, bookings will be higher, and recruiting will be higher!

She also points out that our shows need to be easy to DUPLICATE! This has given me permission to have fun, and do a show that is almost the same each time. The recipe may change and my tips/product descriptions/etc. may change, but the basic layout does not. That way, those watching our shows can say to themselves: "I could do that!"

There is way more to her CD and her "amazing party experience" than these points, but it is WAY worth the investment to get her CD's! It was certainly worth the $30 I paid to see her!

Hope I gave you the info you were looking for....if not, let me know! :D

BTW, Julie has been in our shoes before! She sold candles and was a very successful consultant/Director. She had super sales, bookings, and recruits and everyone always wanted to know her "secret" so she became a coach/speaker to direct sales companies!

Thanks! I am an information junkie -- I think I was a librarian in a former life :)

I am like that too Mandy...I think I wanted to know every last DETAIL before I finally signed with PC. Probably made my recruiter nuts!

(BTW, I have been told that I am a control freak...I like the title "information junkie" much better!! :) )

I am a self proclaimed expert on many things (once I get it in my head about something I MUST know everything about it) I would even say I become obsessive when it comes to details and acquiring info.

When I speak with authority on some things my husband dares to ask if I made the answer up! But as I like to say, with as much info as I have floating around my brain, it is deductive reasoning!

Julie Weitz spoke at our January meeting and she was fabulous!! She definitely helped me make my shows more fun.

You can purchase her CD "Designing an Amazing Party Experience" (and others) http://www.outwardimage.com/

Thanks for posting the website, I was about to ask that! Looks like she has good info.
Belinda was also in direct sales; she sold crystal & was at the top of her company.

I have never heard of Julie, but Belinda has totally changed how I have my shows. I listen to her at least once a week, and finally have her voice coming into my head telling me what to say.

I am intersted in learning more about Julie, but without ever hearing about her I would hands downs see Belinda!

I've heard some of Belinda's stuff. I've been to a training with Julie. Belinda Julie is amazing.

Thanks Lacy for pointing out that Belinda has been in direct sells. She sold crystal & jewelry, and supports other direct selling companies. Even though she is a motivational speaker, she is still in the direct sales just w/ her seminars & CD's.

Gill I am like you I listen to Belinda at least every week, and here her in my head.

Now I have never personally heard Julie, but have heard how awesome she is. I would love to hear her CD's as well.

I would say Julie all the way. She did our March meeting and WOW was she amazing. I saw Belinda at conference last year and she was great, but I was able to duplicate Julie's ideas almost over night. I've started using them and I feel like my show are so much more fun (and I really have a good time). Just my two cents...have fun at which ever you choose :)

cmdtrgd said:
I haven't seen Julie, but a lot of what Belinda does can be listened to on her CDs. I would vote for Julie because I always have Belinda in my car.

I second that!!

iteachurkid said:
I would say Julie all the way. She did our March meeting and WOW was she amazing. I saw Belinda at conference last year and she was great, but I was able to duplicate Julie's ideas almost over night. I've started using them and I feel like my show are so much more fun (and I really have a good time). Just my two cents...have fun at which ever you choose :)

I second that everything in Julie's presentation could be duplicatible the next day! Following Julie's outline has helped to make sure I incorporate all aspects (sales, booking and recruiting) into every show that I do!

I did hear Belinda at conference and she too was amazing! I need to listen to her CDs again...

tough call! good luck!

Whoo Hoo!

I'm going to be able to attend both events! Apparently, Julie's event has been rescheduled for April 24.

YES!!!

Wow- you are going to have a business boosting week!! Please, please, please take notes for us sad ladies that can't attend either event... pretty please?? :D :D

You got it!

You're awesome!!

my3jjjs said:
Whoo Hoo!

I'm going to be able to attend both events! Apparently, Julie's event has been rescheduled for April 24.

YES!!!

I hope you get lots of sleep before-hand and have a day to recover afterwards! :D You are in for a huge business building weekend! Way to go!

I am so bummed. I was invited to go see Julie on the 24th too and can't. Tuesdays are the absolute only evening I can't get away from home. That's why I hold my cooking club on a Tues. I can't leave so bring business to me! This follows my class with Julie cx 2x for lack of sign ups. Boo hoo, wah wah wah.... I can hope for another r/s :0)

iteachurkid said:

Belinda is great but I found the same thing with Julie, I could easily do it and did. Had my first show last night tyring out the new "Julie ideas" and it was so much fun (for all of us). I look forward to my next show!

Darn you guys :) I was trying not to spend any more money this month....off I go to Julie's website...

I am so glad that you get to see both!! How awesome!

I have to say I saw Belinda at conf. last year & thought she was great, then I saw her the begining of this year and she was so much better. Part of it was I sat in the first row so I could see her facial expressions which is a must w/ her. But she was able to be more endepth than at conferce because she had 4 1/2 hours verses 50 mins. So I highly recomend everyone see Belinda & check her website, because sometimes she comes to your area for a general workshop.

Darn you guys I was trying not to spend any more money this month....off I go to Julie's website...
Mandy I went last night going how can I squeeze this in this month. I am a spounge right now. If anyone has these CD's what do you think about them. I noticed that they have 3 speakers.

I bought the "awesome party experience" earlier -- I'll post notes when I have them. I hope it is a fast ship like Belinda's Step to Sucess (which came in 3 days) so I can take it with me on my 3 hour treip on Saturday!

I just found out Julie is going to be at my April cluster meeting and I have to miss it... :(

At a cluster meeting? That's great! It's just too bad you won't be there.

Yes, we're right under an ED so she has her (Julie) coming and is inviting another cluster to join us...

Kind of disappointed I can't make it...

I saw Julie last year and her energy and sense of humor is great. I have incorporated a lot of her ideas into my shows. The most important thing that she teaches is NOT to keep your shows open. Close them the night of the show (or the next day at the latest) because it isn't fair for the guests that took the time to come to the show to have to wait for their orders. You will need to get this through the hosts head that IF anybody wants to order and won't be able to attend they need to do so BEFORE your show.
The one thing that she taught that I didn't so much agree with or incorporate into my shows on the topic of duplicity is not taking your laptop. My laptop is my lifeline. It totally helps speed up the checking out process and any wrong entries (both on my part and guests part)

yummy4tummy said:
The one thing that she taught that I didn't so much agree with or incorporate into my shows on the topic of duplicity is not taking your laptop. My laptop is my lifeline. It totally helps speed up the checking out process and any wrong entries (both on my part and guests part)

She did not mention the laptop when I went to her presentation earlier this year. I would not be confident to close that night without a computer. . .

I haven't started closing the night of the show because I'm not taking my computer with me yet and, most importantly, I haven't mapped out all the necessary host coaching that must occur for this change to take place.

I have some hosts that are new to PC so I put right on the front of their planner "Show Close Date: XX/XX/XX"

I make it 2-3 days after the show...upcoming weekend. That gives them a chance to get orders for those who couldn't attend last minute, but gives it a firm, close close date. I've done it on 4 host flyers so far...2 closed, 1 tomorrow, 1 in a few weeks... No problems yet and 1 said, "I'm glad you had that on there, that was one of my questions." It gave them a firm date to tell guests...

I do agree that closing quickly is really important. I haven't necessarily started a must-close-that-night policy. However, I usually close within 2-3 days. At dinner, I saw a guest from a recent show. She told me that she had her products faster than she's ever received them before. Quick turnaround is important. (She also said my show was the most fun. Yay!)

I have a chance to go see Julie also. But it is on a Monday evening, 2 hrs away! We will be carpooling, but just hate coming home so late and getting up the next morning!

Have to decide soon though! :confused:

Kelly

I'd tell you that you could nap on the way home if someone else drives. However, you'll be so keyed up after Julie I don't think you'd be able to sleep. She's great.

KellyRedHead said:
I have a chance to go see Julie also. But it is on a Monday evening, 2 hrs away! We will be carpooling, but just hate coming home so late and getting up the next morning!

Have to decide soon though! :confused:

Kelly
Kelly~

It will be worth being bleary-eyed the next day! Go see her! You will NOT be disappointed, and if you implement some of her ideas, your BUSINESS will not be dissappointed either!!;)

Wow- now you all have me curious about this Julie, I have BEs Cds and belong to her website. MandyK let me know how the cd is and if it's worth it?! IF so I will have to make that investement!

heat123 said:
Wow- now you all have me curious about this Julie, I have BEs Cds and belong to her website. MandyK let me know how the cd is and if it's worth it?! IF so I will have to make that investement!

Will do! I am eagerly checking my mailbox -- so far Belinda Ellsworth has the fastest shipping, but I am praying for tomorrow as the ETA!

I just saw Belinda in Cleveland and she was awesome!!! I would say see Julie for sure. That's my vote.

Whichever you see, take notes and let us know about it.

Thanks, Jane

Well from everyone's recommendations, I guess I will have to go see her. Hopefully my director will drive and I can sleep on the way home!!

Kelly

I listened to the CDs this weekend -- twice! Here are my thoughts -- take it for what it's worth :)

I prefer listening to Belinda over Julie because Belinda also motivates in her cds -- don't you feel like you can conquer the world after listening to her? While her info is good, I think her delivery is great!

Julie's delivery is less enthusiastic but she does get to the point, fully explain her position and offer some interesting ideas and spins on ideas already floating out there. She offers a ton of support materials on her website to support the cd info, which I really appreciated. How many times have you had to listen and type hoping to get the verbiage down? Julie gives it to you!

Here is an overview of "Designing an Amazing Party Experience"

Disk 1 goes over:
1. Why she believes postcard invites and non-themed shows do not create excitement.
2. How to create a personal story that plants seeds but stops short of offering the opportunity to join/book.
3. Why to appoint a party cheerleader and party cop.
4. How to acknowledge and recognize your host.
5. How to create gift sets to make purchasing easier for your guests.

Disk 2 goes over:
1. Using "commercials" to promote the opportunity and bookings.
2. Using a booking tree or board -- pick a date, you get the prize attached to it (somthing inexpensive)
3. Instead of just giving opportunity info, create and opportunity bag filled with a candle, bath beads, etc. to "pamper yourself while you think about the opportunity"
4. How to transition from presentation to shopping mode.
5. Why you should close you show the night of the show to better serve your customers.

Did I get some useful nuggets? Yes. Was I blown away by the cd? No. But my background is marketing so I tend to be a bit of a snob sometimes. Anytime there are a few nuggets worth taking from a CD or seminar, I feel it was worthwhile.

1. Who are Belinda Ellsworth and Julie Weitz?

Belinda Ellsworth and Julie Weitz are both successful businesswomen and consultants for Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that specializes in kitchen tools and cooking demonstrations.

2. What are their backgrounds in the direct sales industry?

Belinda Ellsworth has been a top consultant and trainer in the direct sales industry for over 25 years. She is known for her dynamic and motivational speaking style and has helped thousands of individuals achieve success in their direct sales businesses. Julie Weitz has over 20 years of experience in the direct sales industry and has also been a top consultant and trainer for Pampered Chef. She is known for her expertise in party planning and customer service.

3. What can I expect from their events in Southern California?

Both Belinda Ellsworth and Julie Weitz will be hosting training events for Pampered Chef consultants in Southern California. They will likely share their personal experiences and tips for success in the direct sales industry, as well as provide training on Pampered Chef products and techniques for hosting successful cooking demonstrations. There may also be opportunities for networking and building relationships with other Pampered Chef consultants.

4. Which event should I attend - Belinda Ellsworth's or Julie Weitz's?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and which consultant's style and expertise aligns more with your own goals and needs. Both Belinda Ellsworth and Julie Weitz are highly respected and have a wealth of knowledge to share, so you can't go wrong with either option.

5. How can I find out more information about these events?

You can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit the company's website for more information about Belinda Ellsworth and Julie Weitz's upcoming events in Southern California. You can also reach out to the consultants directly through their social media pages, as they may have additional details or updates about their events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedalf
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • esavvymom