• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beef Enchilada Casserole in the Oven?

In summary, the Beef Enchilada Casserole recipe can be microwaved instead of baked in the oven. The recipe calls for 1 lb 95% lean ground beef, 1 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix, ¼ tsp salt, 1 can enchilada sauce, ¼ cup water, ½ cup medium thick and chucky salsa, 12 yellow corn tortillas, ¼ cup snipped fresh cilantro divided, 1 cup shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blended, and 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix. The recipe can be easily cut using a Pizza Cutter, and if desired, 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix. The recipe can be spiced up with hot salsa, if desired
soulsing
Silver Member
I've had a request for the Beef Enchilada Casserole recipe for a show, but they would prefer it baked in the oven instead of the microwave as the recipe calls for (29 min to dinner). Anyone tried this? If so, what oven temperature and cooking time should I use?

Okay I just looked at the recipe. Looks like everything is cooked before it goes in the oven. So I'm thinking 350 for 15 min, 20 min max would do the trick to warm it through and crisp up the cheese.Here is the recipe... (found that Jodi had typed it up in another thread http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/beef-enchilada-casserole-recipe-45092/)BEEF ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
Pg. 81 ~ 29 Minutes to Dinner The Pampered Chef®To speed up this family-pleasing dish, the ground beef mixture is cooked on the stovetop and then the whole casserole is heated in the microwave, NO OVEN REQUIRED!!!Great show recipe!!Approx cooking time 21 minutes!!!1 lb 95% lean ground beef
1 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
¼ tsp salt
1 can enchilada sauce
¼ cup water
½ cup medium thick and chucky salsa
12 yellow corn tortillas
¼ cup snipped fresh cilantro divided
1 cup shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blended, divided
Sour Cream and lime wedges (optional)1.Combine beef, seasoning mix and salt in *10 inch skillet. Cook over medium – high heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Mix N Chop. Add enchilada sauce, water and salsa to skillet. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
2.As beef mixture cooks, place tortillas in a stack and cut into 1 inch pieces using Pizza Cutter. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears
3.Arrange half of the tortillas evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker; top with half of the beef mixture and half of the cheese. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of the cilantro over cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.
4.Microwave baker on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining 2 tbsp cilantro. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges, if desired.Yield 6 servingsU.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 6g, Cholesterol 65mg, Carbohydrate 33g, Protein 24g, Sodium 750ng, Fiber 6gU.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 2 ½ medium-fat meat (2 carb)CHEF’S CORNEREasily cut a stack of tortillas using Pizza Cutter
If desired, 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix
For a variation in flavor, substitute ground turkey and green enchilada sauce for the beef and red enchilada sauce, if desired
For a spicier kick, hot salsa can be substituted for medium salsa, if desired
If yellow corn tortillas are not available white corn tortillas can be substituted

Thanks. I appreciate the help!

I always bake in the oven at 350 for 15-20 min. :)

Hi there! I have made the Beef Enchilada Casserole recipe many times and it is always a hit at my shows. I totally understand wanting to bake it in the oven instead of using the microwave. I have tried it both ways and it turns out just as delicious in the oven.For baking in the oven, I recommend preheating your oven to 375 degrees and baking the casserole for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Just make sure to cover the dish with foil to prevent the cheese from burning.I hope this helps and your guests love the Beef Enchilada Casserole as much as mine do! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. How long does it take to cook the Beef Enchilada Casserole in the Oven?

The Beef Enchilada Casserole typically takes about 30 minutes to cook in the oven.

2. Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely substitute ground turkey for ground beef in this recipe. It may alter the flavor slightly, but it will still be delicious!

3. Do I need to pre-cook the tortillas before assembling the casserole?

No, you do not need to pre-cook the tortillas. Just make sure to use corn tortillas and not flour tortillas for this recipe.

4. Can I make this casserole ahead of time and bake it later?

Yes, you can assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. Just make sure to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time since the casserole will be cold.

5. What are some good toppings to add to the Beef Enchilada Casserole?

Some popular toppings for this casserole include diced avocado, sour cream, chopped cilantro, and sliced green onions. You can also add some shredded cheese on top during the last few minutes of baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
CathyP
  • pamperedape