• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rock Crok S'mores Cake - in the Oven?

In summary, the S'mores Cake can be baked in the oven or on the stovetop. The recipe calls for 1 cup of cake mix, so if you know how much cake mix is in a box, you can cut the recipe in half and make a few cupcakes.
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
I've made the S'mores cake in the rock crok once and wasn't completely thrilled with it. My hostess this weekend wants that recipe though. Any tips? Can it be baked in the oven instead?

I have made it a couple of shows and everyone really liked it. I have not had any problems with it.

I baked it in the oven and it was fine. Host's microwave wasn't big enough.

I usually bake it in the oven. I like the cake texture better.

When making in the oven...350 for how long?

I think there's a note in the recipe.

I am just trying it out now. I put it in at 350 for 25 minutes and my husband is just eating it now and his review is that he loves the cake (he hates marshmallows, so I am only do the cake today). My question is that I can't find the smaller packages of cake mixes, so when I measure out the recipe, I am left with 1 cup of cake mix left. Does anyone have a recipe (or suggestion) that would use this remaining mix? I hate wasting :)

JanisF said:
I am just trying it out now. I put it in at 350 for 25 minutes and my husband is just eating it now and his review is that he loves the cake (he hates marshmallows, so I am only do the cake today). My question is that I can't find the smaller packages of cake mixes, so when I measure out the recipe, I am left with 1 cup of cake mix left. Does anyone have a recipe (or suggestion) that would use this remaining mix? I hate wasting :)
Here are a few things I found when googling it:
* use it for mug cakes! about 4 tablespoons cake mix, 3 tablespoons milk, 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil, a dash of vanilla or other extract and nuke it for a minute. * mix it with cool whip and vanilla yogurt for a great fruit dip!* I also found a lady who did made Cake Batter Truffles. She used 1 cup leftover cake mix, and other ingredients to come up with this recipe.
http://luvwhatyoudo.net/2012/04/19/what-do-you-do-with-an-open-cake-mix/Or if you know how much dry cake mix measures in a box, if 1-cup is 1/3 of the cake mix or 1/2 or whatever, then just cut the recipe of the cake down by that much and make a few cupcakes or something.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions esavvymom! Next month, when I have more time, I am going to try the Cake Batter Truffles.

Can you make the S'mores Cake in both the Everyday Rockcrok as well as the Dutch Oven Rockcrok? I need to make 2 at tonight's show, as she is expecting close to 20 guests.
Same recipe, same baking/broiling time? Thanks in advance!

1. How do I prepare the Rock Crok for making S'mores Cake in the Oven?

To prepare your Rock Crok for making S'mores Cake in the Oven, you will need to preheat your oven to the desired temperature and lightly grease the inside of the crock with cooking spray or butter.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the S'mores Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for the S'mores Cake. However, we recommend using a chocolate flavor for the best results.

3. Do I need to preheat the Rock Crok before adding the cake mix?

No, you do not need to preheat the Rock Crok before adding the cake mix. Simply follow the instructions on the cake mix box and pour the batter into the prepared crock.

4. How long does it take to bake the S'mores Cake in the Oven?

The baking time for the S'mores Cake will vary depending on your oven and the type of cake mix used. However, on average, it takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour for the cake to bake in the Rock Crok.

5. Can I make the S'mores Cake in the Oven without the Rock Crok?

While the Rock Crok is specifically designed for making the S'mores Cake in the Oven, you can use any oven-safe dish or pan to bake the cake. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mariaandcassy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg