1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Rock Crok S'mores Cake - In the Oven?

Tags:
  1. 1PamperedMommy

1PamperedMommy Member Gold Member

I've made the S'mores cake in the rock crok once and wasn't completely thrilled with it. My hostess this weekend wants that recipe though. Any tips? Can it be baked in the oven instead?

2. I have made it a couple of shows and everyone really liked it. I have not had any problems with it.

Mar 17, 2014
  3. cochef

cochef Veteran Member Gold Member

I baked it in the oven and it was fine. Host's microwave wasn't big enough.

Mar 17, 2014
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I usually bake it in the oven. I like the cake texture better.

Mar 18, 2014
  5. 1PamperedMommy

1PamperedMommy Member Gold Member

When making in the oven...350 for how long?

6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I think there's a note in the recipe.

Mar 21, 2014
  7. JanisF

JanisF Member Gold Member

I am just trying it out now. I put it in at 350 for 25 minutes and my husband is just eating it now and his review is that he loves the cake (he hates marshmallows, so I am only do the cake today). My question is that I can't find the smaller packages of cake mixes, so when I measure out the recipe, I am left with 1 cup of cake mix left. Does anyone have a recipe (or suggestion) that would use this remaining mix? I hate wasting :)

Apr 5, 2014
  8. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Here are a few things I found when googling it:
    * use it for mug cakes! about 4 tablespoons cake mix, 3 tablespoons milk, 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil, a dash of vanilla or other extract and nuke it for a minute.

* mix it with cool whip and vanilla yogurt for a great fruit dip!

* I also found a lady who did made Cake Batter Truffles. She used 1 cup leftover cake mix, and other ingredients to come up with this recipe.
    http://luvwhatyoudo.net/2012/04/19/what-do-you-do-with-an-open-cake-mix/

Or if you know how much dry cake mix measures in a box, if 1-cup is 1/3 of the cake mix or 1/2 or whatever, then just cut the recipe of the cake down by that much and make a few cupcakes or something.

Apr 7, 2014
    pampered_terry likes this.
  9. JanisF

JanisF Member Gold Member

Thanks for the excellent suggestions esavvymom! Next month, when I have more time, I am going to try the Cake Batter Truffles.

Apr 7, 2014
  10. Paula R. Lewis

Paula R. Lewis Advanced Member Gold Member

Can you make the S'mores Cake in both the Everyday Rockcrok as well as the Dutch Oven Rockcrok? I need to make 2 at tonight's show, as she is expecting close to 20 guests.
    Same recipe, same baking/broiling time? Thanks in advance!

11. pampered_terry

pampered_terry Silver Member

Thanks, so many ideas

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted