• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bamboo Knife Block Alert: Be Aware of Price Changes

In summary, there has been a discrepancy in the price of the bamboo block on the sample price list online and in CC. Due to legal regulations, the company is not allowed to charge customers more than the advertised price. Some customers have already purchased the block at the cheaper price and have been contacted by HO to either pay the difference or have it taken off their sample order. There is a debate about whether or not the company is legally bound to honor the advertised price. Some customers believe it is their ethical obligation to respect the company's honest mistake, while others think they should take advantage of the situation.
Crys Hall
Just an FYI for those who bought the bamboo block at $14 off of the sample price list online & in CC they can't by law charge us the additional. It is unlawful for them to post one price, you pay it and then have them come back to you later saying that you owe such and such extra. They are not allowed to do that!

Just wanted to let you all know.
Crystal

Did that happen just to those in Canada....never heard of this charge discrepancy till now.

Crys Hall said:
Just an FYI for those who bought the bamboo block at $14 off of the sample price list online & in CC they can't by law charge us the additional. It is unlawful for them to post one price, you pay it and then have them come back to you later saying that you owe such and such extra. They are not allowed to do that!

Just wanted to let you all know.
Crystal

I have been wondering about that. I know from working in retail many yrs ago that they are obliged to sell it at the advertised price. I just wasn't sure if it is an ethical or a legal obligation. Are they legally bound to the cheaper price?
I ordered mine a few hours before they sent the email regarding the price change & I have wondered if they'd be asking for more $$.

Has anyone who did order it been asked to pay the difference?
If they do ask, what is the appropriate response?

KellyTheChef said:
Did that happen just to those in Canada....never heard of this charge discrepancy till now.

Since we can't access your Samples, I can't tell you that :) I know that when Cdn samples were initially offered online, they showed retail & purchase prices that turned out to be significantly lower than they were supposed to.

A few hours later, they sent an email notifying us of the incorrect pricing.

I don't remember what it said re: those who had already purchased the item at the cheaper price (like me :).)

I was contacted by HO and was asked if I still wanted the item or if I wanted it taken off my sample order. I wanted it so they will be taking the extra $18 or so from my commission cheque. I don't really mind paying as I know it was a mistake and all the samples are always offered at 50% off. Can't fuss about that even though they posted the wrong price. Can't wait to receive my sample and supply orders. they have been shipped and hopefully the June SAT products earned will be here tomorrow...I can always dream !

hmm i ordered mine on the 11th ans they haven't contacted me, but i'm not sure what I'll say, yes I want the block but legally they can't charge me the difference, hmmmmmmmmm what to do what to do.

Crys Hall said:
hmm i ordered mine on the 11th ans they haven't contacted me, but i'm not sure what I'll say, yes I want the block but legally they can't charge me the difference, hmmmmmmmmm what to do what to do.

I confirmed with my DH that they MUST honour the advertised price. I had this same discussion with him about it. PC treats us well, but it was their error. I don't have catalogs, so I was unaware of the actual retail price (I sound like Bob Barker :)). I made the purchase in good faith -- even commented on the amazing "full price" to my DH.

I do want the knife block, but I have a feeling that if one wanted to, one could raise a stink & they'd have to honour price. This is all part of the "consumer protection act" or something!?!

This is our own company we're talking about. If they made an honest mistake, you can choose to 'stick it to them' legally. And how many times have we made honest mistakes, that they forgave or took care of for us? Raise a stink if you want to, it's just some lousy big corporation, right?

Yep, this posting is pre-coffee and probably the most sarcastic you'll ever 'hear' me, but there's legally right and ethically right. If you know it's a genuine mistake on their part, I think you should respect that.

legacypc46 said:
This is our own company we're talking about. If they made an honest mistake, you can choose to 'stick it to them' legally. And how many times have we made honest mistakes, that they forgave or took care of for us? Raise a stink if you want to, it's just some lousy big corporation, right?

Yep, this posting is pre-coffee and probably the most sarcastic you'll ever 'hear' me, but there's legally right and ethically right. If you know it's a genuine mistake on their part, I think you should respect that.

Coffee or no coffee...I agree with Kris.
I am not a big fan of biting the hand that feeds me.

dannyzmom said:
Coffee or no coffee...I agree with Kris.
I am not a big fan of biting the hand that feeds me.

I understand where everyone is coming from and see both sides but I also agree with Kris and Carolyn.

I spoke with the HO about the knife block. Those consultants that ordered on the 11 th before the price change want announced will pay the reduced price that was an error. Esther was the girl I spoke with and she mentioned something about charging the increased price and then adjusting the difference. We were the lucky ones that ordered the first day they were available. :>)
Cathy

I just want to clarify that I was planning to "stick it" to PC. But having worked in retail & as the wife of a business owner, I think the ethics of the situation goes both ways.Companies are well aware that they are solely responsible for pricing errors. They are ethically & legally obliged to make good on an advertised price.On the other hand, as a customer, if I had realized the price was wrong, I'd be the first to notify them that I had been undercharged. Believe me, there have been many times when a clerk has undercharged me for a product & I ALWAYS tell them, as I do not want their numbers to be off at days end.

cvaccaro said:
I spoke with the HO about the knife block. Those consultants that ordered on the 11 th before the price change want announced will pay the reduced price that was an error. Esther was the girl I spoke with and she mentioned something about charging the increased price and then adjusting the difference. We were the lucky ones that ordered the first day they were available. :>)
Cathy

Esther & Marianne at Support Services are my FAVOURITES!! Esther knows everything :) I love it when I recognize their voices on the other end. They are so sweet!!!

cvaccaro said:
I spoke with the HO about the knife block. Those consultants that ordered on the 11 th before the price change want announced will pay the reduced price that was an error.

Gotta love this company. :sing:

peichef said:
Esther & Marianne at Support Services are my FAVOURITES!! Esther knows everything :) I love it when I recognize their voices on the other end. They are so sweet!!!

Here, here I second that! Esther is a fountain of knowledge, Marianne is a HOOT and they both are soooo helpful and friendly! They're my favorites :D

I've been meaning to post again about this, an update about the "legal obligation" once they made the price notice then another who purchased after that by law has to pay the new price anyone before that gets it at the price posted (which is what PC has told Cathy - see previous post). As for this being "my" company, don't fool yourself they are making a ton of money off of us, and they have it set up so that it is possible that we don't make money from some shows!! (This has happened to me more than once!!) Having this be a possibility really doesn't make me want to go out and bust my butt for a company that has it set up like this!

Could you share how this happened? I've done almost 200 shows and have never had a circumstance where I didn't make money. (One exception was when the cookware was 60% off last year. I had a previous host who purchased her discounted set at over $150 and made that the show and then her friend ordered her 60% special. No commission. This kind of behavior though is extremely rare.)

If you find you are spending more than you are making, please share so we can offer you some business tips. (Is the Canadian program different than in the US?)

Yes it's during cookware sale, but also as we don't make anything off of 50% off items, what reason would I have to try and sell these to hosts! It's really annoying to have a company that. First time was in Feb when you could get 2 items at 60% off (2 for host & 2 for past host) with cookware it's easy to get a show with two pieces of cookware coming to over the $200 minimum, but then no commission for the consultant, and it's actually possible for a host to get a $300 show and so then an additional 50% off item and free product, there's the entire show!

1. How much does the Bamboo Knife Block cost?

The price of the Bamboo Knife Block varies depending on the size and style, but typically ranges from $25 to $50.

2. Is the Bamboo Knife Block worth the price?

Yes, the Bamboo Knife Block is made with high-quality, sustainable materials and is designed to keep your knives sharp and organized for years to come.

3. Can I purchase the Bamboo Knife Block separately or does it come with a knife set?

The Bamboo Knife Block can be purchased separately or as part of a knife set.

4. Does the Bamboo Knife Block come with a warranty?

Yes, the Bamboo Knife Block comes with a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.

5. Is the Bamboo Knife Block dishwasher safe?

No, we recommend hand washing the Bamboo Knife Block to preserve its quality and extend its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Crys Hall
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • DeeDee616
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
  • Teresa Lynn