• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bake a Perfect Cake in the Microwave with Pampered Chef Stoneware?

I make up the batter in front of the guests cuz it gives me a chance to talk about the Ez Read Meas Cups, the...
SusanBP0129
I am going to make a cake in the fluted stone in the microwave tonight...
Should I actually make the cake at the show or make it at home & bring the finished product? (I am demo-ing the Lemon Herb Chicken Ring)

Make it at the show. Before the show paint on the stoneware paste (one part oil, one part shortening mixed together, then add one part flour) so the cake will pop right out. Have a guest put the batter together and pour it in the pan as you are working on your main show recipe. Then ask the host to put it in the microwave for the correct amount of time. Finish your main recipe and then plate the cake. Guests will be amazed that you can make dinner and dessert at the same time and with little effort and expense!!!

I bring the cake already mixed or mix it at the host's house before the show. I add the frosting during the demo so they can see that I just plop it on top. Then I put it in the micro.

I would do it right after you put the ring in the oven. That's what I did at my last show and it worked just fine.

cmdtrgd said:
Make it at the show. Before the show paint on the stoneware paste (one part oil, one part shortening mixed together, then add one part flour) so the cake will pop right out.

I think that I have a paste made from shortening and flour only..should I add oil to it?

So....if I make the micro cake in the fluted pan, I add the frosting to it just like as if I were making it in the rice cooker??

jenniferknapp said:
I think that I have a paste made from shortening and flour only..should I add oil to it?

If the paste you have works, then use it. If it leaves something to be desired, try making a new batch of mine. I add the flour last so it doesn't get clumpy.

I have only done the frosting in the rice cooker, not the fluted stone. The normal cake mix and ingredients to make the cake are enough to get a big OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH out of the crowd!

Okay - so I grease the pan with the paste, then I add the batter (cake mix + 3 eggs + sour cream) & nuke it for 10 - 12 minutes....?

I've never heard of Stoneware paste, but I've never made the micro cake either. Baker's Joy won't do the same thing??

lkspeir said:
I've never heard of Stoneware paste, but I've never made the micro cake either. Baker's Joy won't do the same thing??

I believe that it is along the same lines as baker's joy!

I don't recommend Baker's Joy to my customers (nor Pam either) because it leaves a residue. After I got them all to throw out their spray cans, the silicone pan came out and that NEEDS Pam! Ugh.

chesse said:
I don't recommend Baker's Joy to my customers (nor Pam either) because it leaves a residue. After I got them all to throw out their spray cans, the silicone pan came out and that NEEDS Pam! Ugh.
I have never used pam on my silicone pan either.

The commercial sprays have a chemical in it that causes that stickiness and I just won't use it. I also don't make any type paste either. I have run into too many people who think that stoneware is more work than other bakeware (before they meet me). I want to make it as simple as I can for them. The spritzer or a drop of oil and a papertowel to wipe it evenly works great.

I've officially given up on my rice-cooker cake, which is a HUGE bummer since that's the only reason I got it in the first place!! I've tried to make this stupid cake 3 times and each time it turns out REALLY badly. It's really disgusting and lopsided. I'm very disappointed.ETA: Yeah, I hit Submit before I was done...anyway, so I'm thinking I'll try the fluted pan cake.

Last edited:
Are you making the rice cooker cake in a microwave with a turntable? Put it to the edge of the turntable and make sure it is still rotating in the microwave. Some micros turn it out perfect, some leave something to be desired but it always tastes yummy!

If you use just oil the Flute stone while making a cake, will the cake slide out? I plain on making a cake for my first show and I want to make sure nothing goes wrong.

I make up the batter in frnot of the guests cuz it gives me a chance to talk about the Ez Read Meas Cups, the Stainless Bowls, and the whisk collection.

I normally have the cake mixed ahead of time and pour it in and plop on the frosting and microwave it while the main is in the oven. I have never used oil or spray or anything in the stone and it has came out fine... I might put a little oil on the middle tube-y thing as that sometimes sticks a bit, but guests love how easy it is! I have sold many rice cookers because of this recipe because I tell them you can make the same cake in the rice cooker too... they see the rice cooker is cheaper and for most of them more practical (lots of rice eaters at my shows... hmmm...). Whenever I do a promotion saying I will bring a 2nd recipe, I always do this cake (just have the host provide the mix-ins or I mix it all at home w/ an electric mixer) as it's only $2 for the mix and frosting!

STONEWARE CARE 101

Treat your new fluted pan (or new cupcake pan or loaf pan) like new Cast Iron: make a paste of Shortening [or Lard, or Bacon Grease, or Butter or regular Margarine] and Salt - about 1/4 cup of each.

Smear it around all the inside surfaces you want to become nonstick.

Put it in a slow (200 degree) oven for 20 minutes.

Remove, let it cool. Take a paper towel and smear what is there around again. Return it to the oven for another 20 minutes.

Turn oven off and leave it in there. An hour later when cool, remove and rinse in hot water with scraper to remove all salt and most grease.

Result: Non-stick with just the oil spritzer - right away! Takes about an hour, makes you fall in love with your stoneware. Good luck, God Bless!

I do the cake at the show. It cooks so fast and I think they are better warm! JMO

Scott,

I compare my stoneware to cast iron all the time, but never thought to season like that! What a smart idea! I am going to try it on a new stone. Thanks!

1. What is a Micro Cake?

A Micro Cake is a single serving cake that can be made in a few minutes using our Pampered Chef kitchen tools.

2. How do I prep a Micro Cake before a show?

To prep a Micro Cake before a show, you will need to gather all the ingredients and measure them out ahead of time. You can also pre-measure the ingredients into our Mini Measure-All Cup or Measure, Mix & Pour to make it even easier.

3. Can I use any cake mix for a Micro Cake?

Yes, you can use any cake mix for a Micro Cake. However, we recommend using our Pampered Chef Gluten-Free Cake Mix for a healthier option.

4. Do I need a special pan to make a Micro Cake?

No, you do not need a special pan to make a Micro Cake. Our Microwave Cake Pan is specifically designed for making Micro Cakes, but you can also use a small microwave-safe bowl or mug.

5. Can I customize my Micro Cake with different flavors and toppings?

Yes, you can customize your Micro Cake with different flavors and toppings. You can add in ingredients like chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit, and top it off with whipped cream, frosting, or sprinkles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • PamperedChefLayla
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • RoseAndrews