• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Backup Help: How to Easily Backup Files to CD or DVD

You can sign up for a free plan and upgrade later if needed. They also offer a referral program where you can earn additional storage space by referring others to use the service.
kimhquilt
Can someone please walk me through the back up process. This makes me really nervous. I would like to get my back up to go directly to a CD or DVD. Please someone walk me through the process!!

Short answer: it can't go directly to a CD. You have to create the CD from files you choose... it's not an automatic thing.Go to Staples, Office Max, whatever, and ask for the cheapest "thumb drive" they have... it's a little thumb-sized drive that plugs into your computer. It's ideal for backups and it CAN be automatic.Also, I have cable internet, so it's always connected - I use a program called Mozy (mozy.com) that backs up files over the internet. They're password-protected - no one can actually view them online. There's plenty of free storage space... I backup my P3 files and other things that are just irreplaceable... then even if something happens to my computer (like it's stolen) or my house burns down, the files are still safe.

Awesome thanks sooooo much. I have a thumb drive and I just backed up my data. I feel so much better now!!

Good! :) I love backups. You can never have too many, in my opinion.

mozy.com
jenniferp417 said:
Short answer: it can't go directly to a CD. You have to create the CD from files you choose... it's not an automatic thing.

Go to Staples, Office Max, whatever, and ask for the cheapest "thumb drive" they have... it's a little thumb-sized drive that plugs into your computer. It's ideal for backups and it CAN be automatic.

Also, I have cable internet, so it's always connected - I use a program called Mozy (mozy.com) that backs up files over the internet. They're password-protected - no one can actually view them online. There's plenty of free storage space... I backup my P3 files and other things that are just irreplaceable... then even if something happens to my computer (like it's stolen) or my house burns down, the files are still safe.

does mozy.com cost anything?? Maybe I can say you referred me and you can get something??

liz

Related to Backup Help: How to Easily Backup Files to CD or DVD

1. How often should I backup my data?

It is recommended to backup your data at least once a week. However, if you have important or sensitive data, it is best to backup daily or even multiple times a day to ensure its safety.

2. What is the best way to backup my data?

The best way to backup your data is to use a combination of methods. This includes using an external hard drive, cloud storage, and possibly even a physical backup at a different location. This ensures that your data is protected in case of any hardware or internet failures.

3. How much storage do I need for my backup?

The amount of storage you need for your backup will depend on the size of your data. It is recommended to have at least double the amount of storage space for your backup as you have for your data. So if your data takes up 500 GB, you should have at least 1 TB of storage for your backup.

4. Is it necessary to backup my entire computer?

While it is not necessary to backup your entire computer, it is recommended to backup your important files and folders. This includes documents, photos, and any other data that you cannot afford to lose. You can also choose to backup your entire computer for added security.

5. Can I automate my backup process?

Yes, you can automate your backup process using backup software or built-in backup features on your computer. This allows you to schedule regular backups without having to manually do it every time. Just be sure to regularly check and update your backup settings to ensure everything is being backed up correctly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • chefheidi2003
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • Mommy2amo