• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Restoring from Backup: A Guide for P3 Users

In summary, Jennifer was discussing how she is now using P3 and how she needs to reinstall it if she wants to use it to submit shows. She also mentioned that she might want to call HO for help if she has any other problems with it.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Okay, since I have some new consultants and all they're going to use is P3, I decided to take the plunge. Well, I really need to restore all my back up to it but I'm not sure how. I've done this once when I installed the disc but it's saying the file is invalid.

Any pros out there that can help me? Please?? :confused:

Alright, let me take a stab at the situation....you installed P3 some time ago to get a feel for it, but still submitted shows in the old 16.0 version. And now you have decided to start using P3 only? If that is the case, here is your answer:There is only one time that you can import data from the old 16.0 version. Which means that you have to uninstall P3, and reinstall it. When you get to the import screen, you navigate (from your backup) to the 16.0 backup. When you start the program, it will have all of your shows, up to date, that were saved on your 16.0 backup.Remember that when you reinstall, it is going to take a lot longer than before because there are so many updates now since the cd was distributed. It took my director all day on dial-up to get P3 installed & updated! Once you start submitting shows from P3, you can backup and restore those files just like you did for years with 16.0. (Basically, the backup files from 16.0 are different from P3)Does this answer your question?

Jennifer,

I ALWAYS hit New POsts and was just about to bump this up and then I saw your answer! THANK YOU! I will un-install to re-install. Thank god I have dsl!!!

I'm hopin gthe new updates include Director reports so I can ACTUALLY use P3 for real...

PampMomof3 said:
Okay, since I have some new consultants and all they're going to use is P3, I decided to take the plunge. Well, I really need to restore all my back up to it but I'm not sure how. I've done this once when I installed the disc but it's saying the file is invalid.

Any pros out there that can help me? Please?? :confused:
That's why I was on the phone this morning with Titus from PP3 support! I'm actually on a pc with vista on it and had a few other problems though. Just to be on the safe side you might want to call HO and have them walk you through the process....they are so helpful.:)

This may be silly, but how exactly do you uninstall it? I went under control panel to add/remove programs and I don't see P3 there! Only PP 16.0! I decided I finally want to change and this is going to be my month, only I can't figure out how to get rid of the old one!

To find the uninstall - go to start, all programs, then p3. The uninstall is shown there, but not in add/remove. :)

Thank You!!

Related to Restoring from Backup: A Guide for P3 Users

What is P3-Restoring From Backup?

P3-Restoring From Backup is a feature offered by Pampered Chef that allows you to restore your account and data from a previous backup in case of any data loss or system failure.

How do I access P3-Restoring From Backup?

To access P3-Restoring From Backup, log in to your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Backup and Restore" tab. From there, you can select the option to restore from a backup and follow the prompts to complete the process.

How often should I backup my data using P3-Restoring From Backup?

It is recommended to backup your data using P3-Restoring From Backup at least once a month to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information saved in case of any unexpected data loss.

Can I restore my data to a different device or computer?

Yes, you can restore your data to a different device or computer as long as you have access to your Pampered Chef account and have backed up your data previously. Simply log in to your account on the new device and follow the steps to restore from backup.

Is there a limit to the number of backups I can have with P3-Restoring From Backup?

No, there is no limit to the number of backups you can have with P3-Restoring From Backup. However, it is recommended to regularly delete old or unnecessary backups to free up space and ensure efficient use of the feature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ttchic
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SusanPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • slapsappyhappy