• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back to Business 2011 Reactions Thread

In summary, the Back to Business meeting is happening and people are excited. The Gold trip is available and people are excited to earn it. There are requirements for the trip, and people are excited to get started.
ms_twana
Okay, I just wanted to start a thread where everyone could post their reactions to the Back to Business meeting. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see everyone's reactions. :D

Probably should wait a bit...it's only 4:45 on the West Coast. ;)

ChefBeckyD said:

Oh! But! But! sigh ... grrr. :blushing:

Without spoiling the destinations ... I'll just say that I'm super excited & going for Gold. If I hit lower, I won't be disappointed, but I would really love the top level. :D

ETA:
**************STOP HERE*******************
If you haven't done your meeting yet & don't want
too much information to spoil the fun, stop here!!!

Last edited:
I think I'm most excited about the one that I'm not even eligible for. Great idea, PC!

Even my D who has been a fairly high trip points earner for several years is worried she won't hit all of the requirements for gold.

I too would love to have Gold, but I just laugh at the thought. But the first trip they showed, and the Bronze- I can see myself reaching those. They don't overly excite ME personally, but, I really WANT to EARN a trip!!

I would love to reach Gold, but if I'm a realist, I have to tell myself it's not likely. Silver would be great, we did that when I was expecting DS, but I wouldn't complain about Bronze either. I'm really excited about the taste, too.

ChefBeckyD said:

Oh. I forgot about that. LOL. Sorry

jcsmilez said:
Oh! But! But! sigh ... grrr. :blushing:

LMBO!!!

Becca_in_MD said:
I think I'm most excited about the one that I'm not even eligible for. Great idea, PC!

Oh I am ALL over that one!!!! It's mine I tell ya. It's mine!!! lol.

I am super excited!!! I have never earned a trip and can't wait to get started!!! Gold would be great but I would take bronze or silver too!

ITs 7pm on west coast.. can the 411 be shared yet??? :p

heat123 said:
ITs 7pm on west coast.. can the 411 be shared yet??? :p

I say go for it.

I got a little sneak peek of the recruiting promo, and it is AWESOME. I'm so hyped about recruiting right now.

you could post and put a Spoiler alert if you wanted...JUST in case someone else is waiting for their meeting still (I know my direct cluster is tomorrow, but I went to my hosp. last night.)

All I have to say is WOW...okay and I wish that motion didn't make me ill for weeks. I want the GOLD!!!!

where is our trip and requirements? i fell asleep and joined the call late

I just PMed you.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I WILL be earning 2 trips this year! I can't wait.

Can someone pm me the silver and gold requirements? Our director team didn't give us what they were because they wanted to show us how attainable Bronze was and how to get there and not overwhelm us.

I however would love to earn Gold! Especially since the dates fall on our 5 year wedding anniversary! Woo Hoo! :) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

please share - I could not make my meeting and missed the call.
thanks.

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

Just highlight below if you want to see.

Okay, I hope I wrote all of this down right.

First of all, PC is doing something new called Taste of Destinations (or something like that). C, SC, and TL that haven't earned a trip yet can earn a SAME YEAR trip to New Orleans in November this year. Requirements are 38,000 pts. and 4 recruits. I don't remember if the deadline is June or July.

Okay for the regular trips:

Bronze - 3 Day Caribbean Cruise to Nassau - 56,000 pts. and 6 recruits

Silver - 5 Day Caribbean Cruise to Honduras and Cozumel - 84,000 pts. and 8 recruits

Gold - 7 Day Mediterranean Cruise porting from Barcelona, Spain going to France and Italy. (I couldn't catch the exact cities) - 130,000 pts. and 12 recruits. There was another point option without recruits but I didn't write that down.

We get 2000 pts for recruits and 1000 pts for attending Spring Launch.

I think that's it. :D

you also get points for Promoting to SC - 1000 pts, TL - 3000 pts, Director - 6000 pts.
WIth the first trip (2011) - it's from Jan 1-July 31st earning period, and the points earned still count towards the 2012 trip.

esavvymom said:
you also get points for Promoting to SC - 1000 pts, TL - 3000 pts, Director - 6000 pts.
WIth the first trip (2011) - it's from Jan 1-July 31st earning period, and the points earned still count towards the 2012 trip.

Thanks. I forgot all about the promoting points. Now I remember how earning a trip was so obtainable when our directors broke it down. YES!!!!

So I got home and said to Jon
"So hun, would you like to go to Honduras/Mexico or Europe/Meditteranean area?"
Totally an open question, I didn't say anything about levels, etc.
He goes "Probably the Meditteranean one, why?"

So I'm going for the Gold!!!!

Thanks so much to all the speakers at the meeting in Gretna, NE!

ms_twana said:
Thanks. I forgot all about the promoting points. Now I remember how earning a trip was so obtainable when our directors broke it down. YES!!!!

I know!! I was tickled when I saw that. I've already worked on my calculator sheet and if I can just get 5-6 shows in my calendar EVERY month, recruit one per month, then I'm there! Well, at least the Bronze level and the 2011 trip...but that's ok for me! ;) Because recruiting that many would put me in line for Director promotion in the new plan starting March. YAY!

The recording is now available. If you haven't yet had your meeting, don't listen! If you won't be attending a meeting, you can get the details here:

Go to: FreeConferenceCalling.com

In the white section, you'll see three columns. At the top of the right column you'll see: "Have you been invited to listen to a previously recorded conference call?" Click that button, and use conference #373283. You'll then be able to listen to or download the recording.

Thank you Ms Twana! I'm so excited. Two trip I'm earning this year. Who's with me? I need a minimum of 7 shows a month, and 8 new team members. I'll promote to director and wahoo!!!

lockhartkitchen said:
Thank you Ms Twana! I'm so excited. Two trip I'm earning this year. Who's with me? I need a minimum of 7 shows a month, and 8 new team members. I'll promote to director and wahoo!!!

I'm with you on earning two trips girl. :D

Sheila - you are so generous!!! Hope the good karma comes back to you.

I'm ready for the earning details. Last year there were not points for promoting as there had been in previous years. Last year they instituted the "paid as level" points. From what Jean and Marla said in the video, there will be promotion points as well as "paid as" points. With the changes to the career plan, this means a better opportunity to earn extra points.

Of course I would love the gold, but it's going to be a stretch to even get the silver.

Did everyone notice they increased the point and recruiting requirements for each level?

Becca_in_MD said:
Did everyone notice they increased the point and recruiting requirements for each level?

I was going to ask what the points were last year. I assume they increased it because they made promoting to director easier and added the bonus points for promoting.

I'm going for Gold baby!

Awe, thanks Becca!

Becca_in_MD said:
Sheila - you are so generous!!! Hope the good karma comes back to you.

I'm ready for the earning details. Last year there were not points for promoting as there had been in previous years. Last year they instituted the "paid as level" points. From what Jean and Marla said in the video, there will be promotion points as well as "paid as" points. With the changes to the career plan, this means a better opportunity to earn extra points.

Of course I would love the gold, but it's going to be a stretch to even get the silver.

Becca, they didn't increase the "sales" points of it, it's 56k points, but w/ an additional 2 recruit minimum, so that's where you are going to be making up the extra 4k points. Make sense? I had to look at it on paper before I figured that one out.

chefsteph07 said:
[/B]

Becca, they didn't increase the "sales" points of it, it's 56k points, but w/ an additional 2 recruit minimum, so that's where you are going to be making up the extra 4k points. Make sense? I had to look at it on paper before I figured that one out.

Very true, Steph! Thanks for pointing that out.

I am shooting for the Taste of Travel. We will see..I really need to pick it up A LOT..but I THINK I CAN..I THINK I CAN..I THINK I CAN.

Cool thing about the Taste of Travel trip is that if you get the points for that, then you can just as easily earn Bronze level TOO! (points for Taste of Travel have to be earned between Jan 1 and July 31st) When I did the calculations, what I need to do to earn Taste of Travel trip is the same as what I need to do for Bronze....so I just have to keep going beyond July and I can get both trips. (key for me is to promote to director, because I'm an SC now, so that would mean 9,000 total bonus points!)

I'm surprised there is not more of a reaction. Really just a handful.

My husband went on a cruise i earned once and he won't go again. whaaa, he also hates new orleans, guess I'll invite a guest but none of the trips really excited me this time. maybe , next time.
good luck go everyone!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm a Team Leader, and just barely made Toronto this year with 4 recruits!! I WAS so excited to see the New Orlean's trip (always wanted to go - lol NEVER wanted to go to Toronto) and then realized I can't go to New Orleans because of making it to Tornoto.

Sigh

I love the Taste of Travel addition. My team was PUMPED last night!!! We have another new director who was a consultant seveal years ago and earned a travel incentive during her first go round. She talked about the trip and how amazing it was. I think it helped our little team to know not just one but TWO people who have actually experienced a trip in the past. It makes it seem more achievable. We had 2 more register for Spring Launch this morning.. which is big because for us it entails a 5 hour drive and an overnight trip. We have 7 going. I am sooooo excited!!!!!

I think the incentives are phenomonal! How often do you hear of an employer offering more incentives just for doing your job?!?! Especially in todays' world of lay offs and multi Billion CEO's?
I have new team members who are kicking themselves who are so amazed and are kicking themselves for not starting sooner!!!
I am starting my 3rd year and it only gets better and better...

Malinda Klein said:
I'm a Team Leader, and just barely made Toronto this year with 4 recruits!! I WAS so excited to see the New Orlean's trip (always wanted to go - lol NEVER wanted to go to Toronto) and then realized I can't go to New Orleans because of making it to Tornoto.

Sigh

But what a motivator for your team! If they know someone who has actually earned it then it makes it more feasible for them. I tell my team, if you are doing your job, then others will want to do it too! I have many inspired team members right now!

Malinda Klein said:

Sigh

I felt the same way. The first trip I earned was Toronto. No desire to go to Toronto, so we're taking the $$. But earning Toronto keeps me from earning NO, which is SO disappointing. I've been to NO one time, and have always wanted to go back...and my brother is a Marine, and is stationed there, and we'd be able to extend our visit and have some time with his family. *sigh*

lauriedip said:
My husband went on a cruise i earned once and he won't go again. whaaa, he also hates new orleans, guess I'll invite a guest but none of the trips really excited me this time. maybe , next time.

Why won't he go? I think there's still a cash option, so if you did earn that level, you could just take the $

Malinda Klein said:

Sigh
Yes but think of the awesome things your team can do when they earn it. Plus if they are recruiting to earn the trip - here comes director! And more money!

loreo said:
I think the incentives are phenomonal! How often do you hear of an employer offering more incentives just for doing your job?!?! Especially in todays' world of lay offs and multi Billion CEO's?
I have new team members who are kicking themselves who are so amazed and are kicking themselves for not starting sooner!!!
I am starting my 3rd year and it only gets better and better...

Actually the company I work for full time is growing. So much we are moving to a way larger facility. But two years ago they took away our Christmas bonus - doesn't make much sense to us! I'll take a FREE trip from PC for doing half or even the quarter of the hours I do here!

lauriedip said:

My husband's reaction to the announcement? "You know how I feel about cruises." He has no interest in trying one, while I have been dying to go on one since I was a kid and watched "The Love Boat" every Sat. night. Hello, I'm Julie McCoy, your cruise director. He has lived and traveled in Europe so would be willing to do that one, which is not likely to happen. It did provide me with the opportunity to tell him what I would have to do, ie. # of shows/week and his reaction was that I wouldn't be able to do anything else in my life. I told him it would be like having a full-time job. Hmm, what a concept :)

I've already planted the seed that if I earn the Bronze level cruise that I would take my 2 girlfriends and make it our annual girls' weekend. The 3 of us could split the buy-in cost for the 1 person. Nothing says you have to take an uninterested or unsupportive spouse.

I don't know anything about the Honduran port of call on the Silver cruise. Anyone? That cruise sounds like 3 days at sea and 2 ports of call.

Becca_in_MD said:
My husband's reaction to the announcement? "You know how I feel about cruises." He has no interest in trying one, while I have been dying to go on one since I was a kid and watched "The Love Boat" every Sat. night. Hello, I'm Julie McCoy, your cruise director. He has lived and traveled in Europe so would be willing to do that one, which is not likely to happen. It did provide me with the opportunity to tell him what I would have to do, ie. # of shows/week and his reaction was that I wouldn't be able to do anything else in my life. I told him it would be like having a full-time job. Hmm, what a concept :)

I've already planted the seed that if I earn the Bronze level cruise that I would take my 2 girlfriends and make it our annual girls' weekend. The 3 of us could split the buy-in cost for the 1 person. Nothing says you have to take an uninterested or unsupportive spouse.

I don't know anything about the Honduran port of call on the Silver cruise. Anyone? That cruise sounds like 3 days at sea and 2 ports of call.

I know that this is off topic..BUT..you made me think of it with this post..my bff has an uncle who is 46..and he had Downs Syndrome. Last year him and his sister, and his brother in law went with us on our cruise..because he wanted to go on the Love Boat..he loves that show..even has the full DVD set of it. It was great to experience with him.

I love cruises. I would love to earn one..we will see..I would be happy with Bronze..anything to get me on a ship.

Malinda Klein said:

Sigh

I'm confused - the NO trip is for Consultants, Senior Consultants AND Team Leaders - why can't you go if you made Toronto? Sorry if I missed something!!

mountainmama74 said:
I'm confused - the NO trip is for Consultants, Senior Consultants AND Team Leaders - why can't you go if you made Toronto? Sorry if I missed something!!

It's for consultants, sen consultants, and TLs that have never before earned a trip.

I just pulled up the eligibility requirements for New Orleans
here is what it says:
Eligibility:
The Taste of Travel incentive program is for all who join or hold the title of Consultant, Senior Consultant
or Team Leader on or following Jan. 1, 2011. You are not eligible if you have earned the annual incentive
award (whether you traveled or took the alternate award). If you earned Level One in a past annual
incentive, you are eligible for Taste of Travel (as long as you hold the title of Consultant, Senior
Consultant or Team Leader on Jan. 1, 2011).

To me this says if you earned the first level of an incentive trip in the past, you can still earn New Orleans!! as long as you are at one of these titles as of 1/1/11

Can anyone remember if the Disney trip had a level below the 1st level of the disney earning? One of my consultants earned the first level of Disney but this sounds like she should be able to earn New Orleans now too? Correct? she is currently a TL...

kreaser said:
I just pulled up the eligibility requirements for New Orleans
here is what it says:
Eligibility:
The Taste of Travel incentive program is for all who join or hold the title of Consultant, Senior Consultant
or Team Leader on or following Jan. 1, 2011. You are not eligible if you have earned the annual incentive
award (whether you traveled or took the alternate award). If you earned Level One in a past annual
incentive, you are eligible for Taste of Travel (as long as you hold the title of Consultant, Senior
Consultant or Team Leader on Jan. 1, 2011).

To me this says if you earned the first level of an incentive trip in the past, you can still earn New Orleans!! as long as you are at one of these titles as of 1/1/11

Can anyone remember if the Disney trip had a level below the 1st level of the disney earning? One of my consultants earned the first level of Disney but this sounds like she should be able to earn New Orleans now too? Correct? she is currently a TL...
Yes the Disney trip had a Level 1 gift option incentive. I think it was your pick of 2 lower priced items from a list or 1 of a higher priced item. I'm sure that's the year I got DH his grill but it seems so long ago now!

It does say Incentive Reward so I'm assuming that would mean any of the past Level 1 options.

Becca_in_MD said:

As far as I know you cannot buy in anyone who is not a dependent child.

wadesgirl said:
As far as I know you cannot buy in anyone who is not a dependent child.

The way I understood this was you couldn't buy in a child that wasn't a dependent. :) Meaning you couldn't take anyone elses children with you.

<h2>1. What is the Back to Business 2011 meeting?</h2><p>The Back to Business 2011 meeting is an annual conference held by Pampered Chef for its consultants. It is a time for consultants to reconnect, learn new skills and strategies, and get excited for the upcoming year.</p><h2>2. When and where is the Back to Business 2011 meeting?</h2><p>This year's Back to Business meeting will be held on August 5th and 6th in Chicago, Illinois.</p><h2>3. Who can attend the Back to Business 2011 meeting?</h2><p>The Back to Business meeting is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, regardless of rank or experience level. It is a great opportunity for new consultants to learn from more experienced ones and for everyone to network and build relationships.</p><h2>4. What can I expect to gain from attending the Back to Business 2011 meeting?</h2><p>Attending the Back to Business meeting can provide you with valuable knowledge and insights on how to grow your business and achieve success as a Pampered Chef consultant. You will also have the opportunity to connect with other consultants and share ideas and experiences.</p><h2>5. How can I register for the Back to Business 2011 meeting?</h2><p>You can register for the Back to Business meeting through your Pampered Chef consultant account. Registration typically opens a few months before the event. Keep an eye on your email and the Pampered Chef website for updates and registration instructions.</p>

1. What is the Back to Business 2011 meeting?

The Back to Business 2011 meeting is an annual conference held by Pampered Chef for its consultants. It is a time for consultants to reconnect, learn new skills and strategies, and get excited for the upcoming year.

2. When and where is the Back to Business 2011 meeting?

This year's Back to Business meeting will be held on August 5th and 6th in Chicago, Illinois.

3. Who can attend the Back to Business 2011 meeting?

The Back to Business meeting is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, regardless of rank or experience level. It is a great opportunity for new consultants to learn from more experienced ones and for everyone to network and build relationships.

4. What can I expect to gain from attending the Back to Business 2011 meeting?

Attending the Back to Business meeting can provide you with valuable knowledge and insights on how to grow your business and achieve success as a Pampered Chef consultant. You will also have the opportunity to connect with other consultants and share ideas and experiences.

5. How can I register for the Back to Business 2011 meeting?

You can register for the Back to Business meeting through your Pampered Chef consultant account. Registration typically opens a few months before the event. Keep an eye on your email and the Pampered Chef website for updates and registration instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
  • Dayna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MWCOOKIN
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies