• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back to Business 2011 Reactions Thread

In summary, the Back to Business meeting is happening and people are excited. The Gold trip is available and people are excited to earn it. There are requirements for the trip, and people are excited to get started.
Bummer....just noticed there is NO buy-in for children for the New Orleans trip. hmmmmm - that could put a kink in things. It's not like I have family anywhere along the way to leave my kids with WHEN I earn this trip. ;)

kreaser said:
I just pulled up the eligibility requirements for New Orleans
here is what it says:
Eligibility:
The Taste of Travel incentive program is for all who join or hold the title of Consultant, Senior Consultant
or Team Leader on or following Jan. 1, 2011. You are not eligible if you have earned the annual incentive
award (whether you traveled or took the alternate award). If you earned Level One in a past annual
incentive, you are eligible for Taste of Travel (as long as you hold the title of Consultant, Senior
Consultant or Team Leader on Jan. 1, 2011).

To me this says if you earned the first level of an incentive trip in the past, you can still earn New Orleans!! as long as you are at one of these titles as of 1/1/11

Can anyone remember if the Disney trip had a level below the 1st level of the disney earning? One of my consultants earned the first level of Disney but this sounds like she should be able to earn New Orleans now too? Correct? she is currently a TL...
Yes, there was a level before the first level trip. I think it was Conference for Free...or it was the level where you got to pick your gift. We got a really nice Tent. I can't remember which one was which year.

ShelbyMichalek said:
The way I understood this was you couldn't buy in a child that wasn't a dependent. :) Meaning you couldn't take anyone elses children with you.

Yes- looking at the rules right now and that is what it says. So no girlfriends, parents, etc. Just your kids or spouse.

Malinda, I feel your pain. Tell ya what though, as an honorary member of your cluster, if I win, I'll take you as my guest!

(Just kidding ... I'm more one to cheer people on to earn the trips than to actually set my sights on one myself.)

My first thought was that I LOVED the reduced requirements, but then realized ... WHAT? Gotta do all this by JULY?

I LOVE the March special!

Haha oops, I forgot it was for first time travelers!

Intrepid_Chef said:
Malinda, I feel your pain. Tell ya what though, as an honorary member of your cluster, if I win, I'll take you as my guest!

(Just kidding ... I'm more one to cheer people on to earn the trips than to actually set my sights on one myself.)

My first thought was that I LOVED the reduced requirements, but then realized ... WHAT? Gotta do all this by JULY?

I LOVE the March special!

What March special??

Nevermind....wrote before I looked. Sorry

I need clarification on the N.O. trip. It says that you have to be cons, SC, or TL on Jan 1. I would think that it would also be an option for those that haven't signed as of 1/1/11?? Anyone know for sure?

jcsmilez said:
I need clarification on the N.O. trip. It says that you have to be cons, SC, or TL on Jan 1. I would think that it would also be an option for those that haven't signed as of 1/1/11?? Anyone know for sure?

Good Question..that is one that came up at our meeting as well.

chefheidi2003 said:
Good Question..that is one that came up at our meeting as well.
The official rules info states:"The Taste of Travel incentive program is for all who join or hold the title of Consultant, Senior Consultant or Team Leader on or following Jan. 1, 2011."My take would be- YES - any new signing recruit after Jan 1 has the same opportunity to earn it. Wouldn't be very PChef like to not let them. ;)

My husband would love to go to Italy and we were very excited at the meeting last night to see the gold option. That is until they told us the dates. Our son will be graduating from high school that week, so gold trip is a no go for us! Bummer

esavvymom said:
Bummer....just noticed there is NO buy-in for children for the New Orleans trip. hmmmmm - that could put a kink in things. It's not like I have family anywhere along the way to leave my kids with WHEN I earn this trip. ;)

I earned Hawaii and we are not taking the kids (5 and 7). We are flying my mom in to watch the kids while I am away. So worth it!!

cookingwithlove said:
I earned Hawaii and we are not taking the kids (5 and 7). We are flying my mom in to watch the kids while I am away. So worth it!!

problem is, everyone works. we'll see how it works out! I'll still try for it. What's the worst that happens? I can't go to N.O. and earn the Bahamas trip instead. :)

lauriedip said:
My husband went on a cruise i earned once and he won't go again. whaaa, he also hates new orleans, guess I'll invite a guest but none of the trips really excited me this time. maybe , next time.
good luck go everyone!!!!!!!!!!1

I understand what you mean. Hubby has NO interest in New Orleans. Then he saw the dates for New Orleans and said that I couldn't go either because we already have an important thing happening on that date.
Regarding the cruise, he really doesn't want to go on one but I might have been able to talk him into it. I read the rules and according to them, if we buy in our son, we might have to get another cabin and that would not be worth it at all.
If that's the way it was, I would rather take the cash incentive instead.

Shoot, forgot about not buying in another adult. Not to say we couldn't get a separate cabin for the 3rd friend. Time for me to read the details :)

Does anyone know where I could find or have to share scripts for calling recruits? Helpful suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Eligibility for Irresistible Destinations 2011:
Those who achieve the Taste of Travel incentive program are still eligible to earn the Irresistible
Destinations 2011 incentive. However, not all points carry over. Bonus Promotion Points do not count
toward the Irresistible Destinations 2011 incentive. All other points carry over.

I just read this and am wondering what it means??
Does this mean that points from spring launch and promoting don't carry over??????????? I don't think that's fair. Anybody know the clarification on this?

kcmckay said:
Eligibility for Irresistible Destinations 2011:
Those who achieve the Taste of Travel incentive program are still eligible to earn the Irresistible
Destinations 2011 incentive. However, not all points carry over. Bonus Promotion Points do not count
toward the Irresistible Destinations 2011 incentive. All other points carry over.I just read this and am wondering what it means??
Does this mean that points from spring launch and promoting don't carry over??????????? I don't think that's fair. Anybody know the clarification on this?
I just got off the call with my director. It means if you promote to Director during the Jan-July earning period, and earn those extra points (for me, that would be 9,000 points)....all of my points EXCEPT those 9000 points will count towards the Irresistible Destinations Trips. So if I earned exactly 38,000 for the Taste of Travel trip, then I'd have 29,000 points towards the Bronze/Silver/Gold level trips.Does that help? It sounded like Spring Launch counts though, but just not the promoting ones. You will however get the bonus points for promoting to Director....250 a month I think? SO that would still be in there.

Random trip rant (and I won't belabor this since I'm not a trip chaser) is that when we earn one, we can take anybody as a guest — EXCEPT another consultant! I'm single, and the two people who spring immediately to mind as guests I'd take if I earned one are consultants, including my recruiter (one of the two reasons I don't resign and re-sign under a more supportive director.) If her support and encouragement helps me get there, I should be able to take her. Hmmmph! Us single gals should be able to take anybody we want!

Good thing I read this about Taste of Travel. I had not looked at that program's details. I was wondering where the bonus points for promoting were that they mentioned in the video. I had not realized at the time of the meeting that the bonus points are only for the Taste of Travel trip. They didn't make it clear in the video, or, more likely, I wasn't paying attention that well. I had gotten excited that they had re-instituted the points for promoting in addition to the "paid as" points.

I still think the Taste of Travel is a great motivator.

I find this line from the Irr. Dest. FAQ interesting:
"Our Gold Level trip is a truly extraordinary experience, and the earning requirements are commensurate with this caliber of travel."

Uh, yeah, 12 qualified recruits is extraordinary. Even NEDs have to have 12. In the 2010 program, higher level execs had lower recruiting requirements. I used to view it as a gimme that the highest level execs would all earn the top level trip. I had forgotten that they eliminated the "extra" that Excellence Award (previously TPC) achievers got with a trip with the 2010 program since it's pretty much all Exc. Award achievers on the Silver and Gold level trips anyway. It was a nice little extra that I had hoped to get someday whenever I reach that goal of Exc. Award.

Also find it interesting that Execs and above can not get the gift card if they don't travel.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Random trip rant (and I won't belabor this since I'm not a trip chaser) is that when we earn one, we can take anybody as a guest — EXCEPT another consultant! I'm single, and the two people who spring immediately to mind as guests I'd take if I earned one are consultants, including my recruiter (one of the two reasons I don't resign and re-sign under a more supportive director.) If her support and encouragement helps me get there, I should be able to take her. Hmmmph! Us single gals should be able to take anybody we want!

I know what you mean :) I would be someone's guest in a heartbeat if it were allowed. Can you imagine how people would manipulate things if it was allowed? "Here, I'll give you my shows to submit so you earn the trip and we'll travel together." Two consultants' work to get one reward.

Becca_in_MD said:
Shoot, forgot about not buying in another adult. Not to say we couldn't get a separate cabin for the 3rd friend. Time for me to read the details :)

What qualifies as an adult? Can I buy in my 16 year-old son?

mlindblad said:
What qualifies as an adult? Can I buy in my 16 year-old son?

Yes, as long as he's a dependent child.

I can see that point, I guess. And really, it's OK. My recruiter and I don't earn/recruit enough put together to even earn the lowest level trip. But that's really OK with us. Pampered Chef still sent me on a trip last year. (Translation: I used my commission money from a big show to go to Colorado.)

Becca_in_MD said:
I know what you mean :) I would be someone's guest in a heartbeat if it were allowed. Can you imagine how people would manipulate things if it was allowed? "Here, I'll give you my shows to submit so you earn the trip and we'll travel together." Two consultants' work to get one reward.

This is EXACTLY why that rule is in place.

Chefgirl2 said:
All I have to say is WOW...okay and I wish that motion didn't make me ill for weeks. I want the GOLD!!!!

Elaine me and mallisa are going for GOLD!! together :) oh and if youd like my contact info pm me

<h2>1. What is the Back to Business 2011 meeting?</h2><p>The Back to Business 2011 meeting is an annual conference held by Pampered Chef for its consultants. It is a time for consultants to reconnect, learn new skills and strategies, and get excited for the upcoming year.</p><h2>2. When and where is the Back to Business 2011 meeting?</h2><p>This year's Back to Business meeting will be held on August 5th and 6th in Chicago, Illinois.</p><h2>3. Who can attend the Back to Business 2011 meeting?</h2><p>The Back to Business meeting is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, regardless of rank or experience level. It is a great opportunity for new consultants to learn from more experienced ones and for everyone to network and build relationships.</p><h2>4. What can I expect to gain from attending the Back to Business 2011 meeting?</h2><p>Attending the Back to Business meeting can provide you with valuable knowledge and insights on how to grow your business and achieve success as a Pampered Chef consultant. You will also have the opportunity to connect with other consultants and share ideas and experiences.</p><h2>5. How can I register for the Back to Business 2011 meeting?</h2><p>You can register for the Back to Business meeting through your Pampered Chef consultant account. Registration typically opens a few months before the event. Keep an eye on your email and the Pampered Chef website for updates and registration instructions.</p>

1. What is the Back to Business 2011 meeting?

The Back to Business 2011 meeting is an annual conference held by Pampered Chef for its consultants. It is a time for consultants to reconnect, learn new skills and strategies, and get excited for the upcoming year.

2. When and where is the Back to Business 2011 meeting?

This year's Back to Business meeting will be held on August 5th and 6th in Chicago, Illinois.

3. Who can attend the Back to Business 2011 meeting?

The Back to Business meeting is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, regardless of rank or experience level. It is a great opportunity for new consultants to learn from more experienced ones and for everyone to network and build relationships.

4. What can I expect to gain from attending the Back to Business 2011 meeting?

Attending the Back to Business meeting can provide you with valuable knowledge and insights on how to grow your business and achieve success as a Pampered Chef consultant. You will also have the opportunity to connect with other consultants and share ideas and experiences.

5. How can I register for the Back to Business 2011 meeting?

You can register for the Back to Business meeting through your Pampered Chef consultant account. Registration typically opens a few months before the event. Keep an eye on your email and the Pampered Chef website for updates and registration instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
  • Dayna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MWCOOKIN
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies