• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Mystery Allergic Reaction: An ER Visit to Remember

In summary, the individual experienced a sudden allergic reaction causing swelling of their upper lip. After a shot of Epi was given, the swelling went down but they were still advised to take Benedryl every 6 hours for the next 2 days. They were also told to avoid McMinnville Hospital for botox injections. The cause of the reaction is unknown and may never occur again. Some possible explanations suggested were a bug bite or sudden allergy to a previously consumed food.
lockhartkitchen
Just got home from the ER after 5 hours. Around midnight my upper lip started swelling up. It kept swelling huge. ER said I was having an allergic reaction to something? Benedryl given didn't work. They had to give me a shot of Epi. I still look like Mic Jagger. Air ways were clear so they sent me home. I have to take benedryl every 6 hours for the next 2 days. The nurse told me when people ask, that I should let them know that McMinnville Hospital is not the place to get botox injections! Hee Hee. It's wierd. I only had left over chii cornbread bake for lunch. and spaghetti for dinner. same sauce we always buy. I flossed my teeth with a floss "animal" from the drawer. I searched and didn't see anything that would have contaminated my floss, but doctor says we may never know.

OH MY I can't even picture that! Julie, I sure hope all goes well! My doctor told me we change chemically every single day. What can cause something like that may never have occurred yesterday and may never occur again. Hopefully this is a one time thing! Take care and be careful until it clears up. It may also be a physical thing. Maybe a small pin prick in the lip that became irritated some how. Just watch for breathing problems.

Thanks John. Breathing has been fine. My lips are still numb and slightly swolen, but don't look so Angelina Joli like they did before. I felt they were huge today, and I had to explain myself to people I met. I didn't want them thinking I had a bad injection.

So Sorry to hear that Julie, Hope you get feeling better soon :) Are you going to national conference??? I am going to be walking as DIRECTOR !!!!!!

Hmm, my first thought was a bee or other bug bite. I wonder if something could have bitten you (maybe was on a glass or can from which you were drinking) without you knowing.

Same thing happened to me when I was pregnant with son #2. Turned out I suddenly became allergic to mango (something I'd eaten all the time before this incident). Both lips swelled a la Angelina Jolie...then they filled with pus (sorry for the graphics), blistered, crusted and peeled - it was horrid. I hope you feel better soon!

dannyzmom said:
then they filled with pus (sorry for the graphics!)

Hope you feel better soon...how frightening that must be!

And if any of you really know Carolyn, she is not too sorry...she probably would post a picture of it if she has it handy!!:D

Related to My Mystery Allergic Reaction: An ER Visit to Remember

1. What is "My Mystery Allergic Reaction: An ER Visit to Remember" about?

"My Mystery Allergic Reaction: An ER Visit to Remember" is a personal account of an individual's experience with a severe allergic reaction, including their symptoms, trip to the emergency room, and subsequent treatment.

2. What information can I expect to learn from reading this book?

By reading "My Mystery Allergic Reaction: An ER Visit to Remember", you will gain insight into the signs and symptoms of a severe allergic reaction, the importance of seeking medical attention promptly, and the potential treatments available.

3. Is this book suitable for someone with no medical background?

Yes, "My Mystery Allergic Reaction: An ER Visit to Remember" is written in a clear and easy-to-understand manner, making it suitable for readers with no medical background.

4. How can this book benefit someone who has experienced a severe allergic reaction?

This book can provide comfort and validation to those who have experienced a severe allergic reaction by sharing a relatable story. It can also offer insight and tips for preventing and managing future allergic reactions.

5. Where can I purchase "My Mystery Allergic Reaction: An ER Visit to Remember"?

You can purchase "My Mystery Allergic Reaction: An ER Visit to Remember" on the Pampered Chef website, as well as major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tara1021
Back