• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Authentic Mexican Chocolate Cake Recipe for Your Next Event

In summary, Mexican chocolate cake is a rich and decadent dessert made with traditional Mexican chocolate, typically containing cocoa powder, cinnamon, and sugar. It is not spicy, but the spices add warmth and flavor. A special pan is not necessary, and it can be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend. The cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days, in the refrigerator for up to a week, or frozen for up to 3 months.
Chef Stacy Edwards
Hi I am in search of this recipe for a show tomorrow night. Was wondering if anyone could help me out. I thought it was in one of the use and care instructions. TIA

Just did a google search. Many sites have this recipe if you can't find a PC recipe.

Here's what I have...Here's what I have. I don't know if they are TPC recipes or not...just saved them along the way. HTHSIID

Attachments

• Mexican Chocolate Cake.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 340
  • Mexican Chocolate Cake 12 minute.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 356
Thank you ladies, yes Nicole that was what I was looking for thank you..

1. What is Mexican chocolate cake?

Mexican chocolate cake is a rich and decadent dessert made with traditional Mexican chocolate, which is typically a combination of cocoa powder, cinnamon, and sugar. It is often topped with a creamy frosting or served with a side of whipped cream.

2. Is Mexican chocolate cake spicy?

While Mexican chocolate often contains cinnamon and other warm spices, the cake itself is not typically spicy. The spices add a depth of flavor and warmth to the cake, but it is not considered spicy in the traditional sense.

3. Can I make a Mexican chocolate cake without a special pan?

Yes, you can make a Mexican chocolate cake without a special pan. While there are specific pans designed for this type of cake, you can also use a regular round cake pan or a bundt pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

4. Is Mexican chocolate cake gluten-free?

It can be! Traditional Mexican chocolate cake is not gluten-free because it typically contains flour. However, you can make a gluten-free version by using a gluten-free flour blend in place of regular flour. Just be sure to check all other ingredients for potential sources of gluten.

5. How should I store Mexican chocolate cake?

Mexican chocolate cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you need to store it for longer, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months by wrapping it in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Barry Carlton
  • sweetl74