• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

atWhat Age Were You're Kids Toilet Trained?

In summary, the conversation revolved around discussing the potty training experiences of various parents and their children. Most parents waited until their children were around 3 years old before starting to potty train, with some children showing more interest and responding better to learning over time. There were also mentions of using potty charts and rewards to encourage potty training. The conversation also briefly touched upon shopping for Christmas gifts and a positive customer service experience at Best Buy.
pamela
Talk about customer service...today my Mom & I went shopping for Christmas gifts for my kids. We went to Best Buy for several things, one in particular was the Nintendo DS Madden '08 game. The store we were at did not have it, so they called another store to see if they did. No luck. SO, they called a GameStop up the street to see if they had it...no luck. THEN they called another GameStop a little further away and they did have it! The Best Buy employee asked them to hold it for me!! WOW! They were SO nice and really didn't mind helping me find this-imagine the time it would have taken me to drive all over town looking for this! While I was waiting, I was telling my Mom about how I cut my finger (pretty badly) on the old USG and the lady that was helping me said..."you mean the PC USG?" "I LOVE PC" so I gave her a catalog and she booked a show! I was simply amazed at the quality of customer care that I got and it really hit home that I should be doing the same for my customers:approve:

That is great. It is nice to see that some people will still go that extra mile.

Yeah, that's rare.

I dread going into Walmart. They always have long lines and surrly (sp??) check out clerks. Yesterday I had a really nice one. Pleasant, effecient, all good. I went to CS and said "I want to comment on one of your cashiers" the clerk made a face like "oh no not again" and then I proceeded to tell her that _____ was the nicest, most efficient clerk I had had in forever, making eye contact and pleasant and that she should be training the other clerks. The CS person was shocked and thanked me.

I always feel that we should go the extra mile to recognize great service since we tend to complain about the bad...

Yes- what a nice story. What is so amazing is that we are so impressed by it. Customer service in most stores is almost nonexsistent. just goes to show how people notice it and pass it on. Thanks for sharing and hopefully we can help our customers with stellar customer service this holiday season.

Wow! You got that kind of service at Best Buy?!?!? I'm shocked!

And woo hoo on booking a show!

Mine were 2 1/2 (a girl) and 3 3/4 (a boy).

Both my son and daughter were trained by age 3. DS was cute... just one day he pushed down on the diaper I was attempting to attach to him and said "no diaper mommy"... and that was it! No more diaper day OR night. DD was slightly different... she responded over time to 'training' and was dry during the day first, then night... But then that's how the each learn too. He's the kind of kid that wants to KNOW without learning and she's the kind that responds well to learning over time.

About 3 1/2 for my son and just over 2 for my daughter. My youngest son is 2 now, and we haven't really even started thinking about it. I may pull out the potty chair soon, but I'm in no hurry.

My oldest son was 3 yrs 4 months - learned quickly - never had any accidents. My second son was just 3 yrs old (although he resisted - he is a June b-day who was going to preschool in August so we had to push him). My daughter was 3 years 5 months old -she trained herself when we were on vacation at a waterpark - she didn't want to wear the swim diapers so she kept getting out of the pool to use the bathroom. I highly recommend waiting until your child is ready - much easier than pushing them along. I liked waiting and only have to focus on it for less than a week - my kids were always dry at night. However, I am glad to be past all of the diapering stage (youngest is 6 1/2)

travelgirl said:
Mine were 2 1/2 (a girl) and 3 3/4 (a boy).

oh man I was slow!!

You were just an independent thinker unswayed by peer pressure.

Mine were both 2 1/2 when they were potty trained one girl and one boy

Still waiting for # 2 to be trained! She's 2.5 years and HAS Zero Desire! Where as my older DD was completely trained by 2.5! I was 18 months according to my mom .

Ok i'm really unsure on how to go about "training" my daughter. She is almost 21m, she loves to sit on her potty. She asks to all the time and has me take off her diaper. Lately she has been saying potty potty but she has already gone in her diaper but wants to sit on the potty.

This is my first child so I have not clue really on what to do.

All three of my youngest potty trained in the 3's. The girls earlier then my son. I totally waited them out. We never used Pull-Ups..just finished out the pack of diapers they had. They all just decided to do it and that was it.

JaimeQ said:
Ok i'm really unsure on how to go about "training" my daughter. She is almost 21m, she loves to sit on her potty. She asks to all the time and has me take off her diaper. Lately she has been saying potty potty but she has already gone in her diaper but wants to sit on the potty.

This is my first child so I have not clue really on what to do.

That is the how it happens in the beginning. That is great that she is interested in sitting on the potty. Try making a "Potty Chart". My sister did one for my son with 10 clouds. Everytime he went he got to put a sticker on a cloud. When all 10 had stickers we went to like the dollar store so he could pick out a treat!
I have to say it worked really well. I did the Hershey's Kiss thing too but I didn't like giving him sugar. I went to the bathroom once and came out and he had a Hershey's Kiss waiting for me. I said no thanks and he said but you just went to the potty. It was SOOOO CUTE!!! LOL!!

The week before his 3rd bday.

I am hoping #3 potty traines herself:rolleyes:

My first potty trained just before 3. ANd my second is already starting and she is 22 months old! It sure would be nice to get them both out of diapers!

Oh my son was 3yrs and 4 months

Related to atWhat Age Were You're Kids Toilet Trained?

1. At what age should I start potty training my child?

There is no set age for potty training as every child is different. However, most children show signs of readiness between 18 and 24 months old. It's important to start when your child is showing interest and has some bladder control.

2. How do I know if my child is ready for potty training?

Some signs that your child may be ready for potty training include showing interest in using the potty, being able to communicate when they need to go, and staying dry for longer periods of time. You can also look for other physical and behavioral signs such as being able to pull their pants up and down, and being uncomfortable in a soiled diaper.

3. What are some tips for successful potty training?

Every child is different, so what works for one may not work for another. Some tips for successful potty training include creating a routine, using positive reinforcement, and being consistent. It's also important to be patient and understanding, as accidents will happen.

4. Should I use a potty chair or a toilet seat insert?

This is a personal preference and depends on your child's comfort level. Some children may feel more secure on a smaller potty chair, while others may prefer using a toilet seat insert. You can also try both and see which one your child responds to best.

5. How long does potty training typically take?

Again, every child is different and there is no set timeline for potty training. It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. It's important to be patient and not rush the process. Remember, every child learns at their own pace.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • christinaspc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • gilliandanielle