Join Chef Success Today!
Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!
In summary, the conversation is about making Asian Spring Rolls from the "It's Good For You" Cookbook. Kristi is asking for the recipe and also shares her own recipe for the dish. The recipe includes instructions for a dipping sauce and a list of ingredients for the spring rolls. The conversation ends with Kristi asking for feedback on the dish.
1 cup water
1/2 cup uncooked medium grain rice
2 large carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips
1/2 medium cucumber, cut into juliene strips
6 (8-inch) rice wrappers
3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
12 fresh cilantro sprigs
1. For dipping sause, finely chop ginger root using food chopper. Combine gingerroot, vinegar, soy sause, oil and sugar in small batter bowl; wisk until blended. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. For spring rools, bring water to a boil in Petite (1 1/2-qt.) Sausepan. Stir in rice; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 15 minutes. remove from heat. Cool completely.
3. Cut carrots and cucumber into long julinne stri[ps using julienne peeler, avoiding cucumber seeds. moisten both sides of one rice wrapper with water using Pastery Brush. Arrange 1/2 cup of spinach leaves in a single layer on half of wrapper to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with 1/4 cup rice. Arrange carrots, cucumber and cilantro sprigs evenly over rice. Fold sides of wrapper in toward center; roll up tightly. repeat with remaining wrappers.
4. Cut each spring rool diagonally into fourths using Serrated Bread Knife. Serve with dipping sause.
Yield: 24 appetizers
Nutrents per serving: Calories 220 (12% from fat), Total Fat 3 g, Saterated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 1 g
diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 1 fruit (3 carb)
, I actually have the recipe for Asian Spring Rolls from the "It's Good For You" Cookbook and it's one of my favorites! Here's the recipe:
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Water for soaking wrappers
1. In a small bowl, mix together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and grated ginger. Set aside.
2. Fill a shallow dish with warm water. Dip one rice paper wrapper into the water for a few seconds until soft and pliable.
3. Place the wrapper on a clean surface and add a small amount of each ingredient in a line in the center of the wrapper.
4. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling, then fold in the sides and roll tightly.
5. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling ingredients.
6. Serve with the hoisin sauce mixture for dipping.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy Asian Spring Rolls! Let me know how they turn out.