• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Asian Pork Noodle Skillet Recipe???

In summary, the author recommends using pork tenderloin instead of chicken when making this recipe, and suggests doubling the recipe to feed a larger crowd. All of the guests at the author's party loved the dish, and no one complained about the portion size.
heat123
Silver Member
I noticed it said 2 lbs of pork tenderloin? Is that the same pork cut as the 10 min. tenderloin? I ask because it was kind of pricey when I did make the 10min loin / 2lbs was around $9.99!:eek:

And the sub for it is only 2 chicken breasts?? Which didn't seem like it would be equal the same amount of meat as 2lbs of pork tenderloin?? Just wondering?

I've made it using pork chops and it's good. Boneless would be easiest but a center cut would work, too. As long as it doesn't have alot of fat, it should work. I watch for the tenderloin to go on sale because it's pricey here, too. Right now our local grocery (Brookshire Bros.) has it for $1.99 a lb until Tuesday. It usually runs about $6.98 a lb at WalMart. I'm buying several to go in the freezer. :thumbup:

I found that 2 pounds of meat in it was a LOT - 1 pound is sufficient. And when I use chicken, I use an equivalent amount. So 3-4 boneless breasts, depending on how large they are.

I found the same. It's too much. I haven't tried it with chicken. Hubby says we eat so much of it, it's a wonder we haven't started sprouting pin feathers. lol

I always figure less meat is best sometimes! When I make Hamburger Helper or Spaghetti, I only use a half pound of hamburger. Chicken would probably be good with this.

I have never made it with the pork b/c of the high price. I always make mine with one can of chicken. I like it with just a little meat for texture, I think a lot of meat would over powerer it IMHO.

I've made this with Pork, Chicken and Beef. Beef is my favorite. I buy the stir-fry beef that's already cut-up in the meat dept. I've only made this at one show (used chicken breast) and I've made it several times at home. I cut the recipe in half when I do it at home.

All this talk is making me want this recipe. I have a bag of stir fry vegetables that I thought about putting in it instead of having to buy the individual veggies to put it in. I think I have everything for it if I use that bag except I need to go get some canned chicken.

Thanks for your tips ladies, helps me out alot and I will ask the host if she prefers a sub for it: chix or beef? :)

Ps. Will this serving be large enough of sample for say 13-15 guests or should I double it since it say's "seving size of 6"?

It should be fine for that many people, it is a lot of food!

Good thanks!

Update.... I had the party with 15 guests and it was barely enough!

I subbed Pork flavor ramen since I could not find Oreintal flavor. Used 1 lb of pork tenderloin which seemed sufficient. 2 lbs would seem like alot I think!

Everyone LOVED it! So I will highly recommend it to other hosts!

If I were to actually make it as a meal at home, I would add more veggies like broccolli and snow peas maybe waterchest nuts and bean sprouts and sub pork for chicken!

this is awesome with shrimp!!

Oooo, shrimp sounds good. I think more vegetables is a great idea. When I made it I was picking out the red peppers from the pan for myself. Too many noodles, but my kids like that.

Shrimp does sound good! I've always made this with chicken because the pork isn't as tender. I add a little extra Asian seasoning 'cuz I like a little bite with mine! I like the idea of more veggies, but I'm sure that my husband wouldn't appreciate that too much!!

I have made it with chicken at two of my shows, and it was a big hit! I use 3chicken breasts and that was enough to equal out the recipe. It feeds a large crowd (10-15), just give-out like a spoonful out to each guest.

I also do a dessert for a second recipe so there's enough food to go around, besides, the host usually has other munchies too. Noone has complained about the portion size, I even had people come up for seconds.

I highly recommend this recipee, and it's a good recipe for the interactive show, actually this weekend, I demoed this at my show and one of the girls that lended a hand is signing up, so for me, it worked wonders!

Center Cut pork loins are often on sale here for the same price as boneless chicken.

I am thinking of cutting up some of my pork chops for this.

To me, the most costly part was the SESAME OIL! I had to go to a big store to get it and it was $7.50 for a little bottle!

Di_Can_Cook said:
To me, the most costly part was the SESAME OIL! I had to go to a big store to get it and it was $7.50 for a little bottle!

The good thing is, the oil will last for several cookings. I think I have cooked it 3 or 4 times with the bottle I have and I have a few cookings left in it.

I got mine at Walmart.

1. Can I substitute the pork with chicken or beef in this recipe?

Yes, you can use chicken or beef instead of pork in this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as different proteins may require different cooking times.

2. Can I use regular spaghetti or linguine noodles instead of the rice noodles?

Yes, you can use any type of noodle you prefer in this recipe. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the type of noodle you use.

3. Is this recipe spicy?

The level of spiciness in this recipe can be adjusted to your liking. If you prefer a mild dish, you can reduce or omit the red pepper flakes. If you like it spicier, you can add more red pepper flakes or even some sriracha sauce.

4. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?

Yes, you can make this recipe vegetarian by substituting the pork with tofu or tempeh and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also add more vegetables, such as mushrooms, bell peppers, and broccoli, to make it a hearty vegetarian meal.

5. Can I use pre-packaged stir-fry sauce instead of making the sauce from scratch?

Yes, you can use pre-packaged stir-fry sauce if you prefer. However, making the sauce from scratch will give you more control over the ingredients and flavor profile. You can also adjust the sauce to your liking, adding more or less of certain ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • abrahamlaur