• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet Recipe

you're not going to be running to the grocery store for noodles. I would say 4 packs is a good amount.
kltaylo
I went to the store last night to get the ingredients to try this recipe. I found everything but the toasted sesame oil. Has anyone ever used this before? I never have. I looked with the vegetable oil and other cooking oils and couldn't find it.

It's in the Ethnic or Asian food section. You definitely want to use it - it really makes the dish.

Good luck!

Thank you!
So I should be able to find it with the soy sauce??

I could not find itand used regular sesame oil instead. I made this last night with beef instead of pork and it came out fine. HTH

If you can't find it at your market, you can try somewhere like Williams-Sonoma or Sur la Table. You can order online from them if there is not one near you.

Trader Joe's also carries toasted sesame oil. And it's a little cheaper there than at other grocery stores.I made this with chicken the other day and it was delicious.

I actually made it the other day and totally screwed it up. My family ate it and liked it anyway. I didn't have Asian seasoning or sesame oil. I halved the recipe and used a 10" skillet w/o a lid so I had to use foil! I also did something out of order, but I can't remember what it was. It was a disaster for me, but it turned out fine for dinner. Now, I can't wait to make it correctly.

same here...except..I couldn't find toasted sesame oil; but found reg sesame oil. What do y'all think?

TIA;

Liz

It should work, but the nutty flavor won't be as strong.

Wish I had a Trader Joe's in Grand Junction. I love that place and spend tons of money there when I go to CA.
Has anyone tried it without the seasoning packets?

I haven't tried it that way, but the Test Kitchen folks did indicate in the workshop at conference that you could do it without by doubling the Asian seasoning and adding salt - I think 1 tsp.

Hi Evelyn, I have not tried the recipe yet. But I wanted to know if Paige's disappearence is still making news in Grand Junction ? I only ask because when my cousin went missing 9 years ago in Houston our only saving grace was a reporter who felt like we did that her boyfriend was responsible for her death ( lots of blood found in her apartment, no body). Houston Police screwed up the case by thinking she just took off and it was a mess. Paige's parents need to keep the interest of the public. We had my cousin's daughter who was three years old at the time to help get the public interested. Also Tim Miller of Texas, has a group of volunteers who search on horseback. They are able to do a better search. Tim's daughter was a young child who went missing several years ago and the police treated as a runaway. When her body was found months later and not to far from their home Tim developed this amazing group of individuals. He was a big help to my family. Sorry this sounds like a downer. Just want to help in any way I can because I truly understand. My prayers for Paige and her family. May peace come to this family soon.
This why I started my business, so I could be home for my daughters. Thank you Robin Anderson my wonderful recruiter, and awesome Ex Director

Sincerely
Jane Schaefer
bakewithschaefer[/url]

Last edited:
I made this for dinner last night with pure sesame oil, and it was yummy! I will probably make my way to Trader Joe's to get the toasted stuff. I also added sliced waterchestnuts when I added the pork to the veggies. This was soooo easy to make and all (6) of the kids loved it...even my picky eaters!! Although my one son seperated everything on his plate (i.e., veggies in one pile, pork in another, noodles in another)...what a goof!
I can definitely see myself making this at a show! Can we get a big WOOHOO?! (as Jean would say).

I have my nail girl pick it up (she's vietnamese) in the asian store in her neighborhood. It's $2 compared to $7 in the regular grocery store....

For those who have made this, I was wondering if it was too noodle-y. Four packs of noodles seems like an awful lot to me (and a ton of sodium). Any thoughts?

We LOVED it. Sodium packed noodles and all! LOL

Also- we tasted it at our cluster meeting last night and the pan was just about licked clean!

Kelly- love your new av!The recipe serves 6, so I don't think there are too many noodles. And with 2 pounds of meat in it, that's a LOT of meat. If you want to "dilute" the noodleiness of it, add some additional veggies - snow peas, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, more carrots, etc.

You're right, 2 lbs is way more meat than I would use for a family dinner. I like the idea of using one pound and then beefing up (ha, good pun) the veggies. LOVE water chestnuts and snow peas in anything so those would work for me!

made this tonight, I used 1 lb of meat and it was the perfect amount. You could easily add more veggies if you want, I mean to throw in water chestnuts, but forgot. Everyone loved it!

chefann said:
Kelly- love your new av!

The recipe serves 6, so I don't think there are too many noodles. And with 2 pounds of meat in it, that's a LOT of meat. If you want to "dilute" the noodleiness of it, add some additional veggies - snow peas, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, more carrots, etc.

Ann~ Thanks! You started this Simpson craziness! :p I kept my profile picture as the "real" me in case someone forgets what I look like...or till I get bored of the Simpson pic and change it. I do sometimes miss our "real" pictures- it's hard to keep everyone straight sometimes!!:eek:

I was also thinking the same thing about this skillet containing a lot of meat. Most of the meals I make don't have that much meat in them. When I tested the recipe, the SMALLEST package of porkloins was 2.3 pounds. I started to cut it all up and put it in the recipe, and then decided to freeze half of it for another test of the recipe another day. Even with a little over a pound of meat, it was plenty. So...you can tell your customers that they can CERTAINLY make this a budget-friendly recipe!:D :) :D

I was going to make this for dinner tomorrow night, but I got scared about that foreskin thing on the pork. And then you've got to slice it. How difficult and time consuming was all of that? Does it make a good demo recipe? When I was at conference I was all over it, but then at home I thought it was too daunting. You guys make it sound really simple again!

Chef Kearns said:
I was going to make this for dinner tomorrow night, but I got scared about that foreskin thing on the pork. And then you've got to slice it. How difficult and time consuming was all of that? Does it make a good demo recipe? When I was at conference I was all over it, but then at home I thought it was too daunting. You guys make it sound really simple again!

OMG, I am cracking up here... please don't call it foreskin at a show! It is called silver skin. Unless you're a rabbi, don't be using the words "foreskin" and "knife" in the same sentence! And that's all I'm going to say about that. ;)

Back on the topic at hand--it is just a thin membrane, looks almost like fat, and you can kind of slice it parallel to the length of the tenderloin to remove it. They showed how to do this at conference using the new boning knife but I think you could do it with the paring or utility knife.

chefann said:
Trader Joe's also carries toasted sesame oil. And it's a little cheaper there than at other grocery stores.

I made this with chicken the other day and it was delicious.
I am so going to try it with chicken!

I made it last night using frozen chicken breasts that I baked on my stoneware bar pan. I also added water chestnuts and I too only had normal sesame oil (all DH could find at the store). I thought it was good as did my twins!

I searched all over the specialty section at "Wegmans" & I couldn't find toasted sesame oil. They did have about 6 different types, but no toasted.

I have a boning knife & stick the sharp point under the silver skin & that way some of it just pulls off & I keep running the knife under the skin to loosen it as I go.

I made it last night for dinner. The utility knife worked great to get the sliver skin off but I would bet the boning knife will be better/easier. I too couldn't find toasted sesame oil so used the pure sesame seed oil. It was VERY good. DH was "WHAT'S WRONG" when I tasted a piece of the tenderloin as I was taking it from the pan to do the next step. YUM!

Next time I will use 3 packages of noodles and more carrots I think. And I will be trying it with chicken.

Did y'all use your Exec. skillet or which pan? I don't even own a stainless fry pan right now but I WILL be earning one for free! That's my plan and I'm stickin to it... anyway... I ditched all my old cookware when my DH bought me the while Exec. set 1/2 off at Christmas so what pans are all of you using so you get the fond in the pan?

Whe I made it, I used my Professional. So there wasn't nearly as much fond as there would be in SS. But it was still really good. hmmm... maybe I'll stop and get some noodles on the way home and make this tonight.

I couldn't find toasted sesame oil at Meijer, but they did have sesame oil. I'll have to try the vietnames grocer.

Made this tonight. Forgot the bell pepper, remembered the green onion. Added sliced water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and grilled pineapple. Used chicken instead of pork and creamy chicken noodles instead of Asian (DH wanted to try it with a different flavor). Won't be doing the creamy chicken again. It was OK, but not fabulous.

ChefLoriG said:
made this tonight, I used 1 lb of meat and it was the perfect amount. You could easily add more veggies if you want, I mean to throw in water chestnuts, but forgot. Everyone loved it!

Open the can of water chestnuts with the smooth-edged can opener, drain it with the can strainer, then slice the lid with the kitchen shears to show how sharp they are...

where is this recipe?

TIA

Heather

I've found a few brands, one that I can get at wegman's (Loriva). Another brand is Eden that is carried by many natural food stores.

Morvin said:
where is this recipe?

It is one of the new theme recipes and can be found on CC.

Morvin said:
where is this recipe?

TIA

Heather

On CC....middle of the page towards the bottom:
Click on: Learn about our Three New Theme Shows!

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but plan to this weekend. I find it really easy to remove the silver skin w/the old self sharpening knife from PC. The brand was "Wiltshire."

Sorry to say I like the old self sharpening knives better then the PC branded ones. They are so much sharper and have stayed that way for 15 years! The only problem is they don't have a full tang. I haven't broken mine yet though!

That's the beauty of our company. We sell quality! We upgrade to make it even better but the old stuff is still great! I use lines like that all the time at my shows - some people want the newest and best but others want to know that what they already spent their money on is still of value and then they buy something else.

Personally, I give my old style stuff to my kids (well... some of it - I still have the PC knife block and use those knives every day for instance).

dwyerkim said:
OMG, I am cracking up here... please don't call it foreskin at a show! It is called silver skin. Unless you're a rabbi, don't be using the words "foreskin" and "knife" in the same sentence! And that's all I'm going to say about that. ;)

Back on the topic at hand--it is just a thin membrane, looks almost like fat, and you can kind of slice it parallel to the length of the tenderloin to remove it. They showed how to do this at conference using the new boning knife but I think you could do it with the paring or utility knife.

The forged 5" utility knife works well, quick & easy. I also used my executive 10" skillet and just 3 packs of ramen and everyone loved it!

is this a good recipe to use for a power cooking class? is it all "freeze-able"?

The lady wants chicken recipes and I was thinking of doing one of the chicken recipes in the handouts found on here and then the risoto (if its freezeable) and maybe this?

abrahamlaur said:
is this a good recipe to use for a power cooking class? is it all "freeze-able"?

The lady wants chicken recipes and I was thinking of doing one of the chicken recipes in the handouts found on here and then the risoto (if its freezeable) and maybe this?
I froze a small portion when I made this. It froze very well, but all of the juices soaked into the noodles. It was still VERY good, but not as moist. You could probably add some water when reheating it, or some beef stock and it would bring it right back up just like when it was fresh!:)

Oh, now looking back at your post, I am not sure if you were asking if THIS was freezeable, or the risoto!:eek:

DH loves the noodle skillet as leftovers for lunch, which is a HUGE compliment, coming from him. I've forgotten to take mine (oops), but he says the flavors blend a little after sitting overnight.

Made this for dinner last night. Everyone liked it.

I substituted Olive oil for sesame, reg onions for green (what I had on hand)

Next time I will add more onion and peppers and omit the Carrots, or steam them seperately and add them later. I personally did not like the carrots with the asian seasnoing.

otherwise it was verry good.

I think if you do this in the stainless pan it will go much faster. It took longer "in my exec skillet cause I wanted the "browning". Still was ready to eat in 40 mins.

I can't find the recipe posted anywhere. Can someone send it to me. [email protected]. Thank you!!!

It's on CC, with the new Real Food Real Fast theme show info, Dawn. It's also posted in the Conference 2007 area here, a thread about the new theme shows.

1. What ingredients do I need for the Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet recipe?

The recipe calls for pork tenderloin, linguine noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, green onions, red bell pepper, carrots, sugar, cornstarch, and chicken broth.

2. I couldn't find toasted sesame oil at the store. Can I use regular sesame oil instead?

Yes, you can use regular sesame oil as a substitute for toasted sesame oil. However, the toasted sesame oil adds a deeper, nuttier flavor to the dish.

3. Can I use a different type of meat instead of pork tenderloin?

Yes, you can use chicken, beef, or tofu as a substitute for pork tenderloin in this recipe. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. I'm not a fan of linguine noodles. Can I use a different type of noodle?

Yes, you can use any type of noodle you prefer, such as spaghetti, udon, or rice noodles. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time according to the package instructions for the specific type of noodle you choose.

5. I'm on a low-sodium diet. Can I reduce the amount of soy sauce in the recipe?

Yes, you can reduce the amount of soy sauce in the recipe to fit your dietary needs. You can also use a low-sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce as a substitute. Just be sure to adjust the other seasonings, such as sugar and salt, accordingly to maintain the flavor balance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • silly@hrt
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • abrahamlaur