• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thai Red Curry Paste for Beef Satay Fried Rice Recipe

In summary, the cookbook for the 29 Min. 2 program is not listed in the catalog, but this recipe is in it. The red curry paste is not found in the store, but it can be found on the Thai Kitchen website or Amazon. Substitutes for the red curry paste are discussed and garlic, ginger, and Asian seasoning are used as substitutes.
babywings76
Gold Member
I don't have the 29 Min. 2 cookbook, but this recipe is in the catalog. I couldn't find red curry paste in the store. Anyone know how it is packaged? Maybe I just missed it somehow. I couldn't find it where all the other Asian stuff is. Also, is there something I could use as a substitute for this?Oh, does anyone else think it's odd that the new cookbook isn't listed in the catalog with all the other ones?

when I've bought curry paste it was int he Indian food selections or sometimes the Thai section

I did see other Thai products. Just not this curry paste. What is it's packaging like?

It comes ina Jar, I believe I usually find it in the Inidan Food section and it's made my Patuk at least that is the brand around here

mine came in a small jar about 3 inches high. It was in the Thai food area

Thai Kitchen is one brand.
http://www.worldpantry.com/thaikitchen/img/product/thk-003006.jpgIt's sold through the Thai Kitchen website (http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=1279010&prrfnbr=1351145) or at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LKVSDM/?tag=pfamazon01-20).

babywings76 said:
I don't have the 29 Min. 2 cookbook, but this recipe is in the catalog. I couldn't find red curry paste in the store. Anyone know how it is packaged? Maybe I just missed it somehow. I couldn't find it where all the other Asian stuff is. Also, is there something I could use as a substitute for this?

Oh, does anyone else think it's odd that the new cookbook isn't listed in the catalog with all the other ones?

I thought this was very odd. It's listed by itself a couple pages before the other cookbooks, but not on the cookbook page. That is a very strange omission, to me.

It's listed with a nice showcase of the DCB, which is good, because then people can see the DCB and think more about purchasing it. But I thought it should still be listed with the other cookbooks to keep the section complete. It wouldn't hurt to have it shown twice. I know they've done that with other products before. Oh well. If people ask, we'll just have to point out that it's near the DCB.As far as this red curry paste thing goes. I don't know what to do. I really wanted to make this tonight, but now that I don't have that one ingredient I don't know if I should hold off and try another store tomorrow. I wish I knew of a good substitute. I googled it and there was varying advice about substitutes, so I'm more confused than before.

ChefBeckyD said:
I thought this was very odd. It's listed by itself a couple pages before the other cookbooks, but not on the cookbook page. That is a very strange omission, to me.

I hadn't noticed that yet - that is odd. I'll have to remember to point it out at my shows. I'm planning to take it with me all the time, maybe I'll just put a stickie on the front of it with the ordering info.

Well, after going to 2 different stores and no one carrying the red curry paste, I gave up. I had to cook it tonight because I had the meat and it needed to get cooked. I looked online and saw differing ideas on substitutes. I ended up using fresh pressed garlic, and some ginger and a little sprinkle of our Asian seasoning. After all was said and done, it was so stinkin' hot it was hard to eat! But I think the peanut sauce was spicier than I realized. I should have tasted that a little first, cause then I don't think I would've used the ginger. Oh well. I don't think I'll be trying this recipe again. The kids took one bite and drank all their milk and are now resorting to eating a bowl of cereal. ~sigh~

I made this tonight and we loved it. I had Panang Curry Paste in my fridge so that's what I used. We loved it. I love spicy and I thought this had a nice spice to it - personally, I could handle more spice and will add more curry paste next time. It's a definate do again recipe for us.

What ingredients are in the Thai Red Curry Paste for Beef Satay Fried Rice Recipe?

The Thai Red Curry Paste for Beef Satay Fried Rice Recipe contains red curry paste, coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and chili paste.

Is the Thai Red Curry Paste for Beef Satay Fried Rice Recipe spicy?

Yes, the Thai Red Curry Paste for Beef Satay Fried Rice Recipe has a bit of heat from the chili paste. However, you can adjust the spiciness to your liking by adding more or less chili paste.

Can I use a different protein instead of beef for the Satay Fried Rice?

Yes, the recipe can be easily adapted to use chicken, pork, or tofu instead of beef. Simply adjust the cooking time accordingly for the protein you choose.

What type of rice should I use for the Satay Fried Rice?

We recommend using jasmine rice for the best flavor and texture. However, you can use any type of long-grain rice for this recipe.

How long will the Thai Red Curry Paste for Beef Satay Fried Rice keep in the fridge?

The Thai Red Curry Paste for Beef Satay Fried Rice can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • deanna_g
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bnlgal
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies